SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6405|Vancouver, BC, Canada

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You mean JROTC?
yes i do
i dont pay attention wen i type
Never a good thing, it's far better to pay attention and sound intelligent as I am sure you are. If you don't you just tend to look uneducated and very very young.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6212|Schofield Barracks

SilentscoutIX wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You mean JROTC?
yes i do
Never a good thing, it's far better to pay attention and sound intelligent as I am sure you are. If you don't you just tend to look uneducated and very very young.
thank you
but do u know anything about JROTC
CommonSense
Banned
+51|5954|New York

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

SilentscoutIX wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

yes i do
thank you
My aunt and two cousins were in JROTC. They hated it but it helped one of them get into the college of her choice without doing much in high school. And they walked around the halls in their uniform without a pass and hardly ever got stopped.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

CommonSense wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

SilentscoutIX wrote:

thank you
My aunt and two cousins were in JROTC. They hated it but it helped one of them get into the college of her choice without doing much in high school. And they walked around the halls in their uniform without a pass and hardly ever got stopped.
sounds good to me
nonexistentusmc
+26|6463|Queens, NYC
I was in JROTC, it helps get some kind of discipline in you if you want to join the military(all depending on how serious you take JROTC). They should have some really good leadership courses for you to take during the summer. It's similar to the boyscouts I guess.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

nonexistentusmc wrote:

I was in JROTC, it helps get some kind of discipline in you if you want to join the military(all depending on how serious you take JROTC). They should have some really good leadership courses for you to take during the summer. It's similar to the boyscouts I guess.
yea i want to join the military
what do they teach u in the classes?
nonexistentusmc
+26|6463|Queens, NYC

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Depends on which branch of JROTC you do. I was in Air Force, so we learned about Air Force drill and PT and aeronautical science. You get to do a lot of field trips to Air Force bases and fly in the planes... but not fly them. You do drill a lot, so learn to love it. And it can promote you up to E-3 depending on the branch of service you enlist in. I enlisted USMC, so the max the Marine Corps gives is E-2 and that's what I got.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

nonexistentusmc wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

Depends on which branch of JROTC you do. I was in Air Force, so we learned about Air Force drill and PT and aeronautical science. You get to do a lot of field trips to Air Force bases and fly in the planes... but not fly them. You do drill a lot, so learn to love it. And it can promote you up to E-3 depending on the branch of service you enlist in. I enlisted USMC, so the max the Marine Corps gives is E-2 and that's what I got.
sounds like fun
i love doing drills
geNius
..!.,
+144|6460|SoCal

SilentscoutIX wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You mean JROTC?
yes i do
Or don't make typo excuses when you've spelled it incorrectly in both the topic and the post.

Last edited by geNius (2008-02-02 18:22:32)

https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
nonexistentusmc
+26|6463|Queens, NYC

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

sounds like fun
i love doing drills
Drill meaning movement of formations. Just wanted to be on the same page. Some people think of drills as exercises or something.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
i thought it was exercise ive seen JROTC guys running and stuff in the morning
what do u mean by formations?
like stack up breach a room formation?

Last edited by MAGUIRE93 (2008-02-02 18:33:20)

1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5996|Blue Mountain State
I'm in Army JROTC, and it's pretty fun. Wearing the uniform at first sucks ass(hot in the summer, cold in the winter) but you get used to it. It's real in fun once you've been it for awhile. What we do is sit in class for the most part talking and learning about shit like land navigation, American government, marksmanship, first aid(lol). On thursdays we wear the uniform and do drill. On friday we do PT which usually is running a mile. There's other things to do also like color guard, drill team, flag detail, being on a staff position(officers). It's also good if you're joining the military too. For example, I've been in it for three years, so when I join in a couple of months i'll go in as an E-3(PFC). So, if you like military shit, you'll love it.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

I'm in Army JROTC, and it's pretty fun. Wearing the uniform at first sucks ass(hot in the summer, cold in the winter) but you get used to it. It's real in fun once you've been it for awhile. What we do is sit in class for the most part talking and learning about shit like land navigation, American government, marksmanship, first aid(lol). On thursdays we wear the uniform and do drill. On friday we do PT which usually is running a mile. There's other things to do also like color guard, drill team, flag detail, being on a staff position(officers). It's also good if you're joining the military too. For example, I've been in it for three years, so when I join in a couple of months i'll go in as an E-3(PFC). So, if you like military shit, you'll love it.
i cant wait
im really glad i can take this class
my uncle said hed tell me more about it when i go down to NC
hes takeing me to a big event at Fort Bragg
he usta be a LTC in the Special Forces
and i plan to do the same
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6663|Camoran's Paradise
I took it in high school.  I was on every team and loved it.  I got up to Capt. my senior year.  I highly recommend it.

I've moved on to college ROTC now.  JROTC gives you a pretty good prep for it.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6463|Queens, NYC
If you want to be an officer, make sure you don't just stop at the Junior ROTC level. College ROTC is the one that gives you your commission, or you can attend one of the Academies. Other than that, you'll be fine. JROTC is pretty much a joke compared to the real deal. My final drill in bootcamp was the most intense drill session I've ever had. The parade deck is huge, compared to JROTC which usually has small decks or indoor gyms to use. Drill is fun, I used it to get my gf back my sophomore year by winning individual knockout, came out first on top of 30.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell

nonexistentusmc wrote:

If you want to be an officer, make sure you don't just stop at the Junior ROTC level. College ROTC is the one that gives you your commission, or you can attend one of the Academies. Other than that, you'll be fine. JROTC is pretty much a joke compared to the real deal. My final drill in bootcamp was the most intense drill session I've ever had. The parade deck is huge, compared to JROTC which usually has small decks or indoor gyms to use. Drill is fun, I used it to get my gf back my sophomore year by winning individual knockout, came out first on top of 30.
so if i do JROTC i have a better chance at getting into west point?
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6529|Gold Coast
Mmm....

Is this like Army Cadets? I do that.

But we go for like 3 hours on wednesday night per week.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
R0lyP0ly
+161|6671|USA
I'm the Command Sergeant Major (Army JROTC, E-9) for a Brigade of ~1,000. PM me for any specific questions; I'd love to help.

I'd also second what nonexistentusmc said about continuing into college-level senior ROTC. That's a real easy way to pay for college, especially since you mentioned you would like to go into the military. I've applied for both Army and Navy ROTC scholarships, and recieved remarkable offers from both. JROTC can also streamline a path to a United States Service Academy, if you're so inclined.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6732|US

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

nonexistentusmc wrote:

so if i do JROTC i have a better chance at getting into west point?
It can.  It will not be the clincher, but it would help.  Much like making Eagle Scout, getting the highest awards in JROTC sets you apart from those who only "try" and those who don't bother.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6247|NSW, Australia

wtf is JROTC
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6667

SilentscoutIX wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You mean JROTC?
yes i do
Internets=srs business.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard