Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6134|Carnoustie, Scotland
Jesus, I never used it until today. I always used RDS. The little red triangle thing you use for aiming is never NEAR where you want to aim at. I don't know how people could use it. And for sniper rifles it's even worse. I know you want less zoom so you can use it in close quarters, but it only like halves the zoom factor. And it's so unaccurate. And your character wavers about so much when using it, you might as well have normal scope.
Does anyone else have this opinion?

[/rant]
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6237|United Kingdom
I don't like the ACOG, i use ironsight or RDS
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6495|N. Ireland
ACOG is uber handy for SMGs
Funky_Finny
Banned
Why? The point on an SMG is to kill people quickly at close quarters.
The point of ACOG is an anhanced zoom used for long distance shots.

?????

Also, it's incredibly ugly on ANY gun.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6532

kylef wrote:

ACOG is uber handy for SMGs
/sarcasm?
psH
Banned
+217|6385|Sydney
no..its very good for SMG's, all guns in this game can be used as snipers if they are sitting still, or moving slowly.

i for one, heart the acog. its great when used properly, and you guys have probably been using it in close quarters, where its not supposed to be used.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
The only thing I like about RDS is that it means that the weapon goes into sights quicker, or at least it feels like it goes into sights quicker. Wheras it takes slightly longer with ACOG/Scope/Ironsights
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6393|fÄking denmark

Ashlite wrote:

no..its very good for SMG's, all guns in this game can be used as snipers if they are sitting still, or moving slowly.

i for one, heart the acog. its great when used properly, and you guys have probably been using it in close quarters, where its not supposed to be used.
I fails at CQB, mid-range and long-range.

/fact
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5938

Funky_Finny wrote:

Jesus, I never used it until today. I always used RDS. The little red triangle thing you use for aiming is never NEAR where you want to aim at. I don't know how people could use it. And for sniper rifles it's even worse. I know you want less zoom so you can use it in close quarters, but it only like halves the zoom factor. And it's so unaccurate. And your character wavers about so much when using it, you might as well have normal scope.
Does anyone else have this opinion?

[/rant]
Well, I realy like the ACOG, and I've won many duels I wouldn't have that easily won if it wasn't for it. The ACOG will aim exactly where the ^ is and only there, (Note if you spray like crazy of course it won't work or shoot where it should).

I only use it on the M16A4, M4A1, and the M14 rifle. And they're realy good.  The M14 with the ACOG is a DMR capable of counter sniping and if you are an up close guy add steady aim. If I ever use a rifle with an ACOG I put steady aim on, this way if the fighting comes to close I don't need to 2-4x zoom of the ACOG.

The M4A1 is what I'm guessing you all put it on. But if you shoot more then 4-5 bullets without a pause the ACOG will be useless.

Try good accurate shooting, and take that extra fraction of a second to easily headshot the sucker.
dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5981
i used it today on S+D and got 16 kills and one death . Have not got pics so it probably didn't happen lol

edit - spelling

Last edited by dave_the_rave23 (2008-02-02 07:21:01)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6288|eng
There is only one gun on this game which the ACOG is good on. The G36C. It owns so hard, because there is absolutely no sway.

USE IT.
#rekt
firebolt5
+114|6157
I actually found the ACOG enjoyable with the R700...
Bradt3hleader
+121|5938
Oh yeah, lol the G36C bug!  Lol I think, if I remember...there is no sway with the ACOG on the G36C!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85
ACOG is massive lulz with M82. Stopping Power + Deep Penetration + M82 w/ acog is rape on normal servers.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6196|Schofield Barracks
i only use it on my 50 cal, M14, P90
Bradt3hleader
+121|5938
P90? Well, another lame thing the ACOG does it that the SMGs have a max range, once the bullet passes it it no longer damages the guy it hits. So the ACOG also increases the range on all of the guns.
Funky_Finny
Banned
@ Brad, I used it on P90, then M14, then G3, then M82 and it sucked on all four.
David.P
Banned
+649|6276
It's only good on the M21 for me. Everything else Red Dot > Acog.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

I get so pissed when snipers use it, and spray bullets w/ the M21 or Dragunov....and get a HS on me running across the street in front of the target they were aiming at.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5981

haffeysucks wrote:

I get so pissed when snipers use it, and spray bullets w/ the M21 or Dragunov....and get a HS on me running across the street in front of the target they were aiming at.
thats unlucky .
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6548
You can long distance without it. It removes weapon sway from the sniper rifle, but as soon as you want some zoom it sux. It's best feature is obstructing my view.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
greensprite
awsm
+13|6168|Germany
RDS> ACOG
the ACOG fails in mine opinion
Funky_Finny
Banned
I just used it on G36C and there isn't a lot of sway. Don't know about none, maybe they patched it in 1.5.
firebolt5
+114|6157
The ACOG does look ugly and when looking down the scope...  I liked Rainbow Six Vegas's ACOG, it wasn't that useful on the small maps but it looked better and nicer...
Funky_Finny
Banned

firebolt5 wrote:

The ACOG does look ugly and when looking down the scope...  I liked Rainbow Six Vegas's ACOG, it wasn't that useful on the small maps but it looked better and nicer...
Qft tbh.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard