**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6125|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a glitch that could cause my SPM To go down.

I recently started playing again, and now I'm making way more points than ever(average 100/round, used to be around 50)

And yet, over the past ~month, I've been playing, updating stats, and My SPM Managed to go down by a whole Point/Min

Anyone got any insight on this?
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6449|Sheffield-England
You were Afk?
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6307
nope sorry
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6632|Groningen, The Netherlands
Its following you're kdr

No I don't know, I have had some time glitches on my newer accounts. Suddenly had a spm of 15 what should have been 5ish.
Maybe you're having the same prob...

Last edited by Gamematt (2008-01-30 08:20:23)

RuhRoh
+2|6510|DC area, USA
You are playing longer maps... Yes you may be getting higher scores, but the time spent in a round is going up more than the score per minute. Happens in long rounds like say... 64 karkand with 20 players for example.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6433|A W S M F O X

RuhRoh wrote:

You are playing longer maps... Yes you may be getting higher scores, but the time spent in a round is going up more than the score per minute. Happens in long rounds like say... 64 karkand with 20 players for example.
This man, he knows.

You may get a big BRS but youd get 4x the points playing a full 64 server, where rounds last 10 minutes or so, and you can easily get 100 points etc etc.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6273|The | Netherlands
SPM \_/ as long as you have fun, who cares about how much points you make per minute?
cablecopulate
+449|6708|Massachusetts.

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

I recently started playing again, and now I'm making way more points than ever(average 100/round, used to be around 50)
It's score per minute. It doesn't matter if you score 100+ a round. Score 30 pts in 15 minutes and it's 2, but score 100 pts in a round that lasts a long time and it's going to go down.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
Because the stats where down, you received 1000 points from EA. The more you play, the more your spm will drop because of this.
Drexel
+43|6446|Philadelphia
Play a 10 min. game and get a score of 50 = playing a 20 min. game and get a score of 100.

If you're round in the 100 score is taking longer than that, you're rate will go down.

Of course this is coming from a guy that'd rather spend 3 min. hiking to the remote flag to cap/defend it to help the team win.

Last edited by Drexel (2008-01-30 09:30:31)

ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492
did you go on one of those hacked stat-padding servers? i went on one the other day, and it gave me a couple thousand points but added like 100 hours of playtime and made my spm go way down.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
omg...

He got 1000 points from EA because the stat tracker when down, that's why he's SPM was so high. So now it's dropping, hard to understand?
Godless
+13|5908
I've noticed a few problems with round time being recorded but points not being allocated.  I haven't bothered to look into it at all so it may just be a dead end with the points being added at some other time.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Fredrik wrote:

omg...

He got 1000 points from EA because the stat tracker when down, that's why he's SPM was so high. So now it's dropping, hard to understand?
wrong.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Ender2309 wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

omg...

wrong.
right. Actually I it was 2000, but every active account recieved a very large amount of points in zero time, making the SPM of especially small accounts sky rocket. One of my friends had just a few hundred points, then the 2000 from EA gave him an spm of 40 something.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

omg...

wrong.
right. Actually I it was 2000, but every active account recieved a very large amount of points in zero time, making the SPM of especially small accounts sky rocket. One of my friends had just a few hundred points, then the 2000 from EA gave him an spm of 40 something.
yeah but he didn't say he had a rediculous SPM beforehand.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
Wrong eh? Yeah thats a good answer, especially when you are, wrong.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
lol, Funny thing is, I Bought the game the weekend it went down XD Like I buy the game, play it for an hour or 2, then realize that my stats arn't updating, the next day, forums and people were saying that the server's down.

That's prolly it too.

Also, It couldn't be following my KDR because my KDR's goin up(Just Beat my old KDR from when i played way back )
So technically, it'd be running away from my KDR.

PS, The big drop in the KDR is from tryin to fly planes
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Ender2309 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

wrong.
yeah but he didn't say he had a rediculous SPM beforehand.
You only get insane SPM the less points you had before. if you only had 200 points and you go to 2200, your SPM just went up by 11x, if you had 2000 and you go to 4000 your SPM only went up 2x. (Going from 2 to 4 isn't really an insane SPM, but it would be hard for a new player to keep up)
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6292|Orrstrayleea
My SPM has gone down teh shitter, I was nearly at 2.7, but then i sarted focusing more on KDR, not rushing into the middle of kark with an AK blaaazzzing.
Plus im sick to fucking death of INF and ive been whoring up the AH1Z on oman, so its expected.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
Yeah, me too, that could also be the cause of it going down, I started working on KDR instead of rushing in.

But yeah, too bad the servers got reset(septemberish, the owner passed away, servers had to get moved, etc) so you can't see where I got the high SPM From
G-NOT_(:0)
Banned
+19|5969

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a glitch that could cause my SPM To go down.

And yet, over the past ~month, I've been playing, updating stats, and My SPM Managed to go down by a whole Point/Min

your stats suck anyways.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6159|Canada

G-NOT_(:0) wrote:

**LiLp-DeFiNeD wrote:

your stats suck anyways.
What he said.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6661
Perhaps it is your Kills per minute. Even if you have a decent kill death ratio, your not getting the kills fast enough to keep your SPM up.
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned

Rofl_My_Waffle wrote:

Even if you have a decent kill death ratio,
Which as others said, I don't, but whatevs, workin on bringing it up, 2 weeks ago, i ended rounds with an average KDR of about 1:4-1:5, now I'm pulling in around 4:5, not perfect, but getting there.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard