Poll

What should I get?

Iphone17%17% - 5
Nokia N9537%37% - 11
Digital SLR44%44% - 13
Total: 29
CDK3Y
+25|6143|BEHIND YOU!
photography is my new hobby, i love cell phones....the big reason why i want an n95 is the 5MP camera and the big turn off of the Iphone is the 2 MP camera.........im looking at a Digital SLR ........budget is about $500.,........what would you guys do!?

THANKS!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6711|67.222.138.85
I would shoot myself in the foot before I buy an IPhone, the N95 looks good and everyone I know who has one is happy with it, and I don't know enough about the SLR to comment. If your cell phone works now though, I think you'd be happier spending money on you hobby.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6779|Noizyland

If your hobby is photography buy a camera not a phone. In the past this would have been obvious.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6234|NSW, Australia

drugs
voodoodolphins
+92|6707

Ty wrote:

If your hobby is photography buy a camera not a phone. In the past this would have been obvious.
amen
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6137|Carnoustie, Scotland

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I would shoot myself in the foot before I buy an IPhone, the N95 looks good and everyone I know who has one is happy with it, and I don't know enough about the SLR to comment. If your cell phone works now though, I think you'd be happier spending money on you hobby.
QFT about Iphone tbh.
The digital SLR is an amazing style of camera, what would you be looking at getting? (Make/model) I have one and I can produce some amazing shots with it. The N95 is a very very good phone, my brother has one, and he's never had a complaint about it, except that he sat on the screen and it breaks easily
bennisboy
+829|6651|Poundland
null vote,

laid
Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5988|Halifax, West Yorkshire

Nappy wrote:

drugs
QFT/E
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6721
photoshop
Love is the answer
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6745|OctoLand
I would say digital SLR being a photogropher myself, but if you're budget is 500$ I'd say the Nokia, because you're going to be getting a pretty crappy SLR at that price, not to mention you'd need to buy a lens or 2 as well.

Last edited by justice (2008-01-27 04:38:44)

I know fucking karate
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
If I had to choose one of those option I'd go with N95. Then I'd sell it and buy something better.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6406|Leuven, Belgium
Digital SLR, hands down. Atleast it'll be useful.
avman633
+116|6369
Well I search up Digital SLR and I got results for a camera so, its a camera. I think the N95 would be more useful then a camera

EDIT: Oh shit, didn't read you were in to photography. Still, the N95

Last edited by avman633 (2008-01-27 05:23:02)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6498|N. Ireland
If you are serious about photography, Nikon D50x's are within your budget - standard lens is 18-55 but for about an extra $180 or so you can get a Sigma 70-300 which is just stunning!

As always, if not, I'd recommend the iPhone over the N95. It's just so wonderful to use! I know I'll get a lot of flaming and yah-dee-yah but I really do recommend you walk into a store and try one. Big, bulky N95s aren't the nicest but do offer a lot of features, but the iPhone is just absolutely wonderful. I've used one for months upon months and it is just absolutely fantastic! Queue arguments but I stand by my opinion, it's a lot nicer looking, does have a lot of features etc. The camera isn't the best, at 2MP (naturally) but I still really recommend it. Touchscreen is just beautiful and wi-fi is the most handy thing ever built in to the phone!

I can recommend, personally, both of the items above.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6625|London, England
booze
Benzin
+576|6003
Slr Ftw
psH
Banned
+217|6388|Sydney

Nappy wrote:

drugs