RebelCorvette
+-1|6718

CC-Marley wrote:

Anybody remember Zork. My uncle used to build his own computers when I was young. Age 5 or so(1978 or so). We played Zork all the time. Anybody?
Zork was the name of one of my Diablo 1 characters...  I remember it
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6692|California
Since i loaded BF2 on my comp i havent played another game....

might as well put away xbox ps2 cube psp ds...

Ill never play another game with computer opponents....

This is the new level of gaming experience and is simply THE BEST GAME EVER MADE

If im wrong then try playing another game....YYYAAAWWWWNNNN

With real people playing its never the same thing over and over...talk about replay value

And thank god theres no ending.

I would like to see this game engine with a new setting...Space, post nuclear, D & D.

Until then its this......PS    BANG your dead
FriiginChomper
+41|6736
Diablo II is a good game, same with CS. but battlefield 2 is the best.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6783|Mark it zero.
anyone play perfect dark for n64? that is definitely one of my all time favorite
CC-Marley
+407|6863

RebelCorvette wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Anybody remember Zork. My uncle used to build his own computers when I was young. Age 5 or so(1978 or so). We played Zork all the time. Anybody?
Zork was the name of one of my Diablo 1 characters...  I remember it
You really remember it? That game got me hooked on computer games.
I used to watch my uncle build comps and I think he made his own games too.
Fun times, but he died of a stroke a few of years ago at age 48.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6754|California

Black is gonna kick ass, along with killzone 3 and Armored Assault
monkeyboy
+8|6699
Deus ex and operation flashpoint.

I still occasionally play both of them. Neither has ever been bettered. Half life was pretty cool, but at the time I remember thinking deus ex kicked the crap out of it. That game was so advanced for it's time... theres still very little out there to compare it too. Same with op flashpoint.
Aquafina
+0|6687
Half Life 2 and Battlefield 2 are my favorites.
Flashpoint was very good. It had realism, but not alot of it.
elite
+89|6749|Sheffield, England
battlefield 2 is number 1 for me, and will be until the rank system goes down. so when everyone is playin bf3, i will be only 1 playing, so i will be number 1 lol.
Aquafina
+0|6687
Dude, there are still people play Half-Life, Battlefield 1942...etc. People still will be playing it. If BF3 isn't sucessful, people WILL be playing BF2.
Orracle9191
+0|6758|Maryland, USA

smk_valvanite wrote:

I.M.I Militant wrote:

half life 1 is ze best game made... nothing can beat it (singleplayer that is) such a great game almost makes me cry
FINALLY!! somone with some common sense,  fully agree, not only is it the best and may fav sp game ever, but the dm mod is great, so fast and simple, cuts out the bullshit and its just down to plain killing
HELL YEAH!!
IronFerret
+48|6691|Mexico City.
In my opinion its even better than mario bros 3, and thats serius.
bpcontra
+0|6683
I felt that the best team based online fps was Tribes 1.  It introduced vehicle combat like no other game before it and had an incredible amount of replayability.

I'm sort of surprised that nobody has mentioned Rainbow 6.  For me personally, this is the game that got me into online gaming.  I had an absolute blast with it.  Unfortunately broadband connections were still fairly uncommon at that time so those who had it dominated, and those who didn't were left for fodder.

Fallout 2 and Daggerfall are probably my two favorite PC RPGs.  Daggerfall was so unbelievable in its immensity.  Let us not forget the Zelda series. 

In terms of most fun game for multiplayer, I'd have to say Goldeneye for N64 was up there with the best of them.  Who hasn't had days and nights where you and your friends get together and play this game?

I unfortunately have never played Half Life 1, but Half Life 2 was probably the only game that I felt like I was truely a part of the experience.  It felt as if things were happening beyond my control and I was struggling against an impossible juggernaut.  The opening "chase" scene in that game was unbelievable.

All in all I'd have to say a lot of people have touched on some great games here.  C&C Red Alert, Sim City, Diablo 1 and 2, Super Mario 3, etc.

Top 10 all time for BF2 would be pushing it for me though.  In its particular genre, its certainly  one of the best all time, but there are so many great games out there its hard to say where this one is.

Last edited by bpcontra (2006-02-12 18:04:22)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard