Swope
+55|6175|Germany
Did you noticed that the hitreg got worse from CoD2 to CoD4?

Situation:

You see only the head of an enemy, you fire at it and hit, but wtf? you only get a hit. Not a headshot, you spray more and get the kill, but just a normal kill.

In CoD2 I give more headshots in a round, as in CoD4 in a whole day.

So, whats fucked up?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6785|Great Brown North
don't know what to tell you, the hitboxes are fantastic for me
Swope
+55|6175|Germany

krazed wrote:

don't know what to tell you, the hitboxes are fantastic for me
Hitboxes are allright for me too. I mean 1 shot to the head should be a headshot.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6328|Orrstrayleea
Yeh, i get this aswell, sometimes
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6658|pimelteror.de
people bitched about the bf2 hitbox a lot, but the cod hitboxes are quite a joke, unless you gain experience in tweaking your config...
Hallvard
+262|6528|North Norway

I've had no problems
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6145|New Jersey
I get plenty of headshots, no problems whatsoever.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6657|Spokane, Washington

I've noticed with a good number of the weapons, it takes two headshots to kill someone. Try playing hardcore sometime.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California
I've had much bigger problems with the hit boxes of teamates, and getting TK's while shooting past people (I just thought I sucked until I saw a video of it...) Almost like hitboxes where bigger then players.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

COD4 has some issues for some people, I had it quite bad til I tinkered with my config a bit, look up "sweet spot" tweaks for COD4, it's fixed mine a treat with a little fiddling.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6581|London
Swope was you playing last night at 1am in the morning on a tdm server? I killed some unlucky chump called Swope about 20 times thorugh a wall and was starting to feel sorry for his bad luck

Anyway the cod hitreg is far from perfect, this is an online game after all. The maxpackets 30 retards dont help matters either.

Oh and the lean bug you get on some servers:

Last edited by Aries_37 (2007-12-29 12:41:25)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

I thought the lean bug got patched out I've not noticed it anyway.
Not
Great success!
+216|6582|Chandler, AZ
If you know what the damage of each gun, its hitbox modifier, and your perk modifier if you're using stopping power is, you realize that all but a couple guns (M14, snipers) take 2 shots to the head to kill. It's not a bug it's just how they did things. Whether you like it or not is a different story, but rest assured this isn't a bug.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6536

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

COD4 has some issues for some people, I had it quite bad til I tinkered with my config a bit, look up "sweet spot" tweaks for COD4, it's fixed mine a treat with a little fiddling.
wana share
Swope
+55|6175|Germany

Aries_37 wrote:

Swope was you playing last night at 1am in the morning on a tdm server? I killed some unlucky chump called Swope about 20 times thorugh a wall and was starting to feel sorry for his bad luck
Yeah I played TDM last night but I think no one kills me 20 times through walls, after the 5th time I go

Last edited by Swope (2007-12-29 18:06:07)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6626|Mhz

farmerfez wrote:

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

wana share
seta com_maxfps "60"
seta cl_packetdup "2"
seta cl_maxpackets "60"
seta snaps "30"

The two to concentrate on are maxfps and maxpackets, maxfps should be as high as your graphics card can handle all the time (i.e. at the worst possible time with half the world dropping nukes on your head it needs to keep this rate, mine is 60 because I'm a sucker for shiny things so I've got everything maxed, 125 is the top value you'd want), once you've got that you can work out the maxpackets value, which will most likely be exactly the same as your maxfps, or half, don't go with anything in between, it starts throwing things off again.

If you think you're having connection troubles turn the 'lagometer' on.

seta cg_drawlagometer "1"

That'll let you see if/when your connection is getting choked.

And If you think your graphics card is struggling.

seta cg_drawfps "simple"

I just pulled most of that from another forum so I probably can't explain the finer details of it.

EDIT: Oh forgot to say, these are in your 'config_mp.cfg' file, make a copy of it first obviously, edit it in WordPad.

Last edited by TheEternalPessimist (2007-12-29 21:06:00)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard