Is it ok to test on animals???

No22%22% - 13
Yes for medical purposes59%59% - 34
Yes for all testing (including cosmetic)17%17% - 10
Total: 57
Balok77
+28|6143
I got this idea from the thread saying whether animals or humans are worth more

If humans are therefore worth more is it ok to test our products on them to find out if they cause allergic reactions or whether or not certain medicines are effectiive.

I believe that its ok to test medicines on animals as you cant test experimental drugs on humans however i dont think things like beauty products should be tested on them.

I saw a program on this a few monthes ago where a boy with severe movement and learning difficulties was given drugs and an operation that had been engineered from animal testing.

The boy was helped alot by the operation and soon could move again.

I think that in cases such as that its ok to test on animals.

discuss
dave_the_rave23
psn - do_one_ya_mug
+41|5975
yes for med reasons .
aimless
+166|6120|Texas
I think everything should be tested on humans.

Even rat poison, just to make sure.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6564|Mountains of NC

yeah for medical reasons I have no problem with it

they should really think about gathering up the homeless and test it on them ( like in Clancys Rainbow Six )
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
slaata
there's laughter in slaughter
+18|6722
yeah but i screwed mine up. meds ok cosmetics no . so count 1 extra on the meds and 1ess on the cosmetics . sorry bout that
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6678|England and damn proud
Only for med reasons, and i kinda agree on somethings should be tested on humans...
avman633
+116|6360

SEREMAKER wrote:

they should really think about gathering up the homeless and test it on them ( like in Clancys Rainbow Six )
That is actually a really good idea. We should pay them some money to be test subjects for these drugs
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6577|SE London

avman633 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

That is actually a really good idea. We should pay them some money to be test subjects for these drugs
They already do.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6551
Yes for medical purposes. A perk of being at the top of the food chain and kings of the animal kingdom. Having a well developed conscience means we can desist from needless activity like testing for cosmetics.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6400|North Carolina
*shrugs* I don't have a problem with them testing animals for cosmetics, as long as the animals used aren't endangered species.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6126|North Tonawanda, NY
Animal testing for medical purposes is absolutely necessary.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6580|Seattle
This is almost an imponderable for me. In some cases, like pets and endangered wildlife, I feel like non-human animals can take on a higher moral value than a person. In other cases, I am happy to cut open an animal and drink its blood (figuratively). It's tough for people to take moral gray areas like this. We all want to look around for some type of litmus test that will allow us to stamp an over-simplification like "bad" or "good" on a given topic. Unless you can consult god (keep in mind how humans wrote and rewrote the bible and other religious texts, you really cant look there for the hard and fast answers you crave any more than you can consult a person that you respect). It's just going to come down to whether or not you feel good about it. You can find commonalities in the human emotional response to a given topic, but that doesnt make the dominant belief correct, this would be arbitrarily reductionist.

Remember that we are just animals with our own (pretty incredible) subsistence strategy. Can you question the morality of the snake? Or the wild dog as it eviscerates and scatters the entrails of an animal that is still alive and crying? Can you judge the fisherman as he commits vast acts of genocide against a population of fish, leaving them flapping desperately, drowning en masse on a ship deck? It's entirely possible that even plants have some kind of experience that is savagely deprived as we walk across a field of grass or fell trees for our homes. Was the domestication of wildlife the precursor for eugenics? Are all these things about the natural world okay? Don't ask me. I'm just trying to live my life and be happy with my own decisions. I don't want to impose my feelings on anyone unless I have to just to get by. This is kind of distubing to consider knowing that our state education and mass media have actually taught us most of what we know about 'what we need to get by.'

Animal testing is just another one of the many gray moral issues. In some cases it has to be as legitimate as frying a chicken, in others it's excessive and consumers would most likely prefer to know the implications of doing business and choose to take their money elsewhere. Do businesses owe transparency to the consumers or do they have a right to privacy? Did humans forfeit their personal freedom to choose their impact on the world when they chose to develop urban societies entirely dependent on trade?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-12-27 18:14:53)

ReTox
+100|6494|State of RETOXification
Never for any reason.

Want to do it for meds?  Work the science till you can test on humans, not before just because animals are less important.  Fuck That!
Commie Killer
+192|6382
Well, considering we arent gonna test these things on child molesters, which I would 100% support, animals are the next best thing.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Would you prefer they test on humans?
GR34
+215|6540|ALBERTA> CANADA
No if you want to test on somthing living use your fucking mother or your children not animals[treehugger/]
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

No
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
Yes and unlike our favourite and stale out of date Marine i will provide a reason.

I can shoot a bullet into their ass if the so complain.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6757

m3thod wrote:

Yes and unlike our favourite and stale out of date Marine i will provide a reason.

I can shoot a bullet into their ass if the so complain.
oh well ok then.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
You know marine whenever you been a poorly little boy the medicine prescribed by your physician was highly probably clincally tested on some cute little monkey.

No complaints then right? Or are you bionic.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Reciprocity
+721|6576|the dank(super) side of Oregon
right now it's a necessary evil, we can only hope animal testing is done as humanely a possible.

and no, I dont wanna see you fucking Peta bullshit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard