• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Can two people share the same CD key and still play online?
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
I've just built a new PC for my friend, he wants to play BF2 but has no money to buy it, I can give him my BF2 disc and install it. Will he still be able to play using that?

I have special forces so I can use that CD to run the game
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
I wouldn't do that if I were you. You agreeded with the TOS Terms of Service, and EULA. Gotta be some place online or in your hometown where you could pick up a pre-owned copy for cheap.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
BZZZ! Error.  Don't go there.  A co-worker of mine tried that.  It did NOT end well.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
Short answer: No.
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
I don't see why not since gaming centers use the same keys for multiple ppl, but not at the same time.  If you played at the same time, you might get a "CD Key In Use" error.
good72032
+0|6665
Me and a buddy tried that before; he has two comps at his house, i had missplaced my disc; you will get the cdkey error
Badvock
Squishing Your Head
+1|6647|Bolton UK
Yeah of course you can, then I can copy my disk and give it to all my mates and they can play for free too. Isn't this a happy place??

I guess what i am trying to say is NO, get a paper round, deliver milk, sell a kidney whatever but you have to pay to play.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
Thats what I thought, I told him to buy it, but he's stupid.

I love tea. who else loves a cup of ye' ol' english tea?
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6649|Broadlands, VA
! One in the AM & One at 3PM.  Ceylon or Orange Pekoe?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
Ok then here is a situation that is probably standard that should be legal.

What if you buy the game.
You install it on one computer.
You have two people who play the game.
Each plays it on the same computer obviously at different times and use two different accounts at the login screen so that each has their own stats.

Will this be flagged as a no no or is this perfectly acceptable?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
Played at different times I think youd be ok, but I'd consult your terms of agreement & make sure,  whiped accounts is no fun according to some of the top players lol .
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia

kilroy0097 wrote:

Ok then here is a situation that is probably standard that should be legal.

What if you buy the game.
You install it on one computer.
You have two people who play the game.
Each plays it on the same computer obviously at different times and use two different accounts at the login screen so that each has their own stats.

Will this be flagged as a no no or is this perfectly acceptable?
lol theres about 5 accounts on my computer and only one is mine!.. the way i see it is you should only install your copy of bf2 on one computer yours and anyone can use it there...

personally i wouldent be giving my key to anyone else anyways bugger em! if they wanna play it they can buy it
MarianCieslar
Banned
+1|6630
I tried it ! You can t play on-line when your CDkey is using other player
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6701|Michigan
I agree w/ everyone that says buy it.
I remember way back when quake3 first came out and I could'nt afford it at the time. I aquired a hacked version and played it for about a week untill I could buy it.
I fealt like a total loser and vowed never to use hacked stuff again.
If your friend realy wants to play, he'll buy the game. Otherwise, he can come visit you and play on your computer. That would defeat the whole purpose though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Whats crap is that servers ban by CD-Key... Idiot little bro got me banned from the best servers that I get a low ping on for about a month.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
Hey kaosdad... I live in Fairfax county, VA... small world...  lol
Love is the answer
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6775|Portland, OR, USA

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Short answer: No.
Trig is correct. You can install it on multiple PCs (illegally), but when you go to play online, your CD key is validated and it only allows each key to be in use one at a time.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Can two people share the same CD key and still play online?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard