Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
I reached 2nd Lieutenant I, DAMN Infinity Ward really made ranks come quick.
Lynx14
+41|5977
Only about 20 hours to reach commander the ranks are probably 100x easier than Bf2
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK
20 hours to rank 55 easy. Thats why i love this game. Unlike world of battlefield...
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6677|UK
Ranking up should be a challenge.  BF2 got it right imo.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California
I really like the quick rank too...Maybe I've spent too much time on the NES but I don't like the whole having to work years just to earn everything available in the game...

First its just nice to have everything available for use so early, second I can earn all my ranks even with casual game play.

Mostly just nice to have everything unlocked.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6453|Chicago, IL
they're a bit too easy, but I can't (or rather, I refuse to) dedicate 400 hours of my life to sitting in a e-tank just to get an e-medal, so I like it, and the challenges are perfect.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
I think that it should take like 100 hours to reach the highest rank in CoD4. But you get all the unlockable weapons by rank 35 and from then on you only get challenges.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51

m3thod wrote:

No, because in BF2, its not a challenge, its just whore the crap out of the game untill you have enough time for everything.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

RDMC wrote:

m3thod wrote:

No, because in BF2, its not a challenge, its just whore the crap out of the game untill you have enough time for everything.
Agreed. The ranks don't mean much in CoD4 anyways. Some rounds I score higher than five star generals or those folks in prestige, and other rounds i fail miserably.

Been playing multi since Friday night and I'm like a Gunny II.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6743

Ranks in CoD4 mean nothing. Ranks in Battlefield 2 mean that, the higher you are, the more time you wasted on e-awards.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6627|London, England
Yeah I don't care about ranks much, I just want all the guns unlocked. Can't wait to get my hands on the M14/MP44 with the M1911 (or w/e) and go CoD 2 on everyone's arse. (Well the M14 is like the Garand)

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2007-12-23 05:25:25)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6696|Tampa Bay Florida
Ranks in CoD4 are a tad bit more pointless than ranks in BF2.  But they're both pointless, they take no effort to actually earn them.  Just takes time.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6772|UK

m3thod wrote:

BF2 isnt a challenge its a fucking grind. Ill play WoW if i wanted to grind.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6745

Vilham wrote:

20 hours to rank 55 easy. Thats why i love this game. Unlike world of battlefield...
What?  You love it because there is no challenge to get to the top level of the game?

God I hate kids these days, dont want to work for nothing.

m3thod wrote:

MF :werd:

Last edited by Sigarms357 (2007-12-23 06:42:06)

Chappy556
+14|6706
well for those of you who have nothing but time on your hands to play video games and fap, the quick ranks were good for us old farts who have to work for a living
Chou
+737|6797

Bernadictus wrote:

Ranks in CoD4 mean nothing. Ranks in Battlefield 2 mean that, the higher you are, the more time you wasted on e-awards.
Correct.. and a waste of time it is.
firebolt5
+114|6161

Sigarms357 wrote:

I'm sure they want to work towards something in BF2...  Yeah right...
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6637|Washington, DC

Sigarms357 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

What?  You love it because there is no challenge to get to the top level of the game?

m3thod wrote:

MF :werd:
Who the hell cares about rank? Like I said, some rounds I have better scores and KDRs than five star generals, and other times I don't. Rank means nothing except cool-looking insignia and having more perks / guns.
Ryan
+1,230|6849|Alberta, Canada

Ranking up is way too easy. We really need prestige mode on the PC.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6398|Southern California

Chappy556 wrote:

well for those of you who have nothing but time on your hands to play video games and fap, the quick ranks were good for us old farts who have to work for a living
hah, I think you got that exactly opposite.  Seems like kids these days only wan't to play a game where they get achivements, e-pats on the back, and a stat page to masturbate over....While back in the day we played the same game you could beat in one sitting over and over and over cause it was damn fun.

TBH I think CS did it best. Everything available in 10 minutes if you did good, nothing available after even a year if you did bad and every time you play its a fresh start
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6139|Carnoustie, Scotland
I'm a rank away from 2nd Lieutenant and I've been playing I think 6 hours.
Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6657|United States
I've been playing the xbox 360 version for 7 hours and I'm Major.  It's so much easier to rank up in cod4 then bf2.
twiistaaa
+87|6675|mexico

Sigarms357 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

he said time, not effort. dont you remember a time when a video game could be finished in one sitting?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6768

lol....rank=life

just play the game ffs
weasel_thingo
+74|6333
after a few days, if you arnt a stat obsessed failure you may actually prefer it this way. i originally didnt like it, but meh its better than having a game of stats obsessed idiots like in BF2

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard