DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6170|Vancouver | Canada
I've been rather bored lately, so I thought I'd make a video with tips on sniping.

Before I do that though...how many people still play DoD?

..and if you do snipe, what kind of tips would you like to see?

+1 for suggestions.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6609|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i play sometimes, the trick to sniping is not to camp one place all the time. unless you know you have a good spot that is hard for someone to grenade,counter snipe or rush. another trick is quick scoping, its easier in source because there is almost no delay in the scope setup. Quick scoping is when you look at the target, scope then fire all within a second or less. its a tough trick to master and its really irritating to the person who got shot. a good sniper doesn't camp, he moves around a lot.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6664|Washington DC

I'm still trying to figure out if it is me or the lag that causes so much OrangeHound carnage.   The riflemen seem to get as many headshot kills as the snipers.

But, yea, any tactics or techniques you could post would be welcome:  e.g. do you lead targets ... does a body shot kill as well as a head shot?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I'm decent with the Allied rifleman kit, but horrible with the Axis one. D:

For your two questions, I can answer them now: Body shots kill in one hit. Leg and arms shots reduce the health to roughly 10%.
I only lead my target if I'm in a good position, without a lot of fear of being counter sniped. If I'm in the open, I'll attempt a quick drag shot. I'm planning to show that in the vid.
kptk92
u
+972|6422|tc_london
Mugen
+19|6014
well i'm decent with the allies sniper, but i can't seem to hit anything with the kar due to the shitty crosshair.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
I use a full skin conversion mod, which has modified the Axis sniper crosshair to have the same cross style crosshair.

I forgot what the site was where I got it from.
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6147
1 - Pick a spot with limited visibility. Wide open areas and standing in an open window = no.
2 - Try to move between kills. Most players will be able to tell your position once you've killed them once, and if they have a mic, the whole other team knows your position.
3. Focus on one area. This is where limited visibility helpts. If your staring at the only area any enemy can see you from you won't have to worry about dodging enemy fire from other directions.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard