Moderate, change localization files, mini-map opacity36%36% - 64
Almost everything, rendering settings, latency, etc...22%22% - 39
So much i see a global PB ban in my future....6%6% - 12
Total: 177
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

- Video, audio and control settings.
- Localisation for the HUD, orange text "+1"'s, moving the game will start text, etc.
DupaUnit
+18|5991
The latency compensation.

It makes a huuuuge difference.  Don't believe me, go on a server where you can't hit a laterally moving target, regardless of how much you lead or trail the target.  Then change the BF2 latency compensation, and it makes the server playable.  Try turning it to 15, and you will see everyone stutter as the ingame vector compensation tries to predict where they will, then has to update to where they actually are, with very little time to smooth out the motions.  Then turn it up to 400.  You won't be able to hit crap.  Then put it down to your ping (or your ping +30, which is what I do), and things work just right. 

I've actually found that turning the latency compensation to average the other players' pings, and not mine, gives the best result.  For instance, I usually have a ping of about 15 on all servers I play on, whereas everyone else has about 90 to 120.  I put my latency compensation at 90 and I will hit laterally moving targets no problem. 

The command is something like gsd.floatset.latencycompensation .1, but I actually don't know what it is exactly.  I wrote a script that automatically brings up the console, types it in, but leaves the last part (the ping) blank.  This way, I join a server, hit my hotkey, and just input my ping and done!

If anyone is interested in me sharing this script, let me know, and I will post it.

Oh, some other things I do, but not as important:
Load a custom localization file that shortens all onscreen text.  For example, when someone spots, but it's not on an enemy, it normally has 3 or 4 different messages that display, now mine always says "unconfirmed enemy."  Much shorter.  It's a localization file that someone posted, but I tweaked it for my likings.  I also removed all orange text that they added.  Also, and one of the nicest features, is the "you're out of bounds" and "server will start when X people join" messages are made very short and put in the corner on the screen, instead of right in the middle. 

Lastly, I've been using the new widescreen rendering script that was just posted on bf2s.  It is amazing.  I have a 16:10 monitor, and have been playing BF2 stretched since day one.  I got used to it, but since I tried the widescreen script, it is amazing.  I now have a MUCH wider view, and essentially have more peripheral vision that other players.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6828|Grapevine, TX
pretty much everything, including hardware. A video game has never been more costly or involved so much of meh life.

Simon wrote:

I deleted system 32 and I seem to be getting good hits.
You curious kids, please dont do this, or you will have more than a head ache.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

iMPaCT.uK wrote:

everything
sound tweaker right?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6268
I made my own localisation files and changed a few of EA's stupid options (inverted Y-axis in aircraft for a start..) but thats it.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6495|UK , Birmingham
ok.

- Sound
- Video
- Controls
- Usercons
Adamshannon8
+94|6183
localization
cursers
most keys are changed
video
added a cool spot button on my joy
making a mod
sound
new hardware

i voted for PB ban

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2007-12-13 14:12:26)

Jasonb0718
+6|6121

DupaUnit wrote:

It makes a huuuuge difference.  Don't believe me, go on a server where you can't hit a laterally moving target, regardless of how much you lead or trail the target.  Then change the BF2 latency compensation, and it makes the server playable.  Try turning it to 15, and you will see everyone stutter as the ingame vector compensation tries to predict where they will, then has to update to where they actually are, with very little time to smooth out the motions.  Then turn it up to 400.  You won't be able to hit crap.  Then put it down to your ping (or your ping +30, which is what I do), and things work just right. 

I've actually found that turning the latency compensation to average the other players' pings, and not mine, gives the best result.  For instance, I usually have a ping of about 15 on all servers I play on, whereas everyone else has about 90 to 120.  I put my latency compensation at 90 and I will hit laterally moving targets no problem. 

The command is something like gsd.floatset.latencycompensation .1, but I actually don't know what it is exactly.  I wrote a script that automatically brings up the console, types it in, but leaves the last part (the ping) blank.  This way, I join a server, hit my hotkey, and just input my ping and done!

If anyone is interested in me sharing this script, let me know, and I will post it.

Load a custom localization file that shortens all onscreen text.  For example, when someone spots, but it's not on an enemy, it normally has 3 or 4 different messages that display, now mine always says "unconfirmed enemy."  Much shorter.  It's a localization file that someone posted, but I tweaked it for my likings.  I also removed all orange text that they added.  Also, and one of the nicest features, is the "you're out of bounds" and "server will start when X people join" messages are made very short and put in the corner on the screen, instead of right in the middle. 

Lastly, I've been using the new widescreen rendering script that was just posted on bf2s.  It is amazing.  I have a 16:10 monitor, and have been playing BF2 stretched since day one.  I got used to it, but since I tried the widescreen script, it is amazing.  I now have a MUCH wider view, and essentially have more peripheral vision that other players.
Actually I wouldn't mind getting that.  It sounds like a really cool idea
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6289|Washington St.

Jasonb0718 wrote:

DupaUnit wrote:

Actually I wouldn't mind getting that.  It sounds like a really cool idea
I concur, I change it in usually every server I join (ping is anywhere between 70-120 depending on server) but sometimes I'm just lazy and as a result I have bad rounds.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
little more than a teener a day
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6620|Gold coast, Aus.
-Localization files
-Sound exploits (can hear from further)
-removed tinnitus effect from nades
-usersettings.con rego 'improvements'
-plus standard change-through-the-menu options like crosshair colour and stuff...
-plus, when I got bored with bf2, before uninstalling I used the stickytags tweak, which basically lets you see enemy nametags through walls.

So yeah, I voted PB ban.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6495|UK , Birmingham

gene_pool wrote:

-Localization files
-plus standard change-through-the-menu options like crosshair colour and stuff...
-plus, when I got bored with bf2, before uninstalling I used the stickytags tweak, which basically lets you see enemy nametags through walls.

So yeah, I voted PB ban.
n1
Skorpy-chan
+127|6344|Twyford, UK
Extensive tweaks on the options page. I remapped most of the controls, tweaked my crosshair slightly, fiddled with audio and video settings, and so forth.
I haven't messed with anything else, though. That'd be a bit much.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6131|Scotland!

gene_pool wrote:

-Localization files

So yeah, I voted PB ban.
Typical 15 year old player then.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6220|Finland
localization files, crosshair color, video settings, controls, 10 difference mod ,
no fog, zoom, unlimited cmd, force... waaaait that's hacking
hmm just some options
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6173|Sydney | ♥

TravisC555 wrote:

Only localization files and changed pb to check my harddrive for the longest time interval possible.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6220|Finland

tazz. wrote:

TravisC555 wrote:

Only localization files and changed pb to check my harddrive for the longest time interval possible.
and pb ss saver...
Drexel
+43|6475|Philadelphia
All I change is the key mapping, so that it's the same as other games that I play.  Nothings more annoying than wanting to jump over a sandbag when you see a grenade, only to see your guy lay down right on top of it.

And I turn all the settings as high as they go, and turn AA up to X8.  That's it.

I personally think changing some of the localization files is almost cheating. (some are definitely cheating  *cough* that no grenade blur *cough*)  But making those +2 for owning XXXXXX isn't helping you so I'm ok with that. (even though it seems kinda childish)

Last edited by Drexel (2007-12-14 07:41:50)

artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6355|the Great British Queendom :)
Things like "9" for Parachute to "Z" , For crouch I use "Caps Lock" can't remember much else apart from the fact that I have my PC set up for BF2 using Tweak Guides. Can't remember webby address.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6522|the Netherlands
not much ... like it how it is looking ...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652
Tinnitus removed, Air absorption removed, wind removed, changed sound balance. Increased FOV with the widescreen fix. All videos removed. pretty much all performance tweaks applied. Use a shortcut to automatically login. As many things removed from the localization files as possible.

Video settings are all low except for geometry and something else, running at 1440x900 with 6x AA. If I go flying, I put everything on high.

First thumb button on my G5 opens the map, second one reloads. Shift is jump, space is sprint, and f opens my parachute.

Things I need to learn to do:

- Make the crosshair smaller, if it's even possible.
- remove acceleration in aiming. It's always there in BF2, you just don't notice it (yet). And, as I use a low sensitivity, the effect is way stronger for me.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
PRLR
+5|5997|Northern Sweden
The obly thing i have changed is the color of my sight, lol.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6147|San Antonio, Texas

mtb0minime wrote:

I changed a lot. I went through that whole bf2 tweaking guide that was posted here a while back. My comp is shite so I needed to do everything I could just to get 20 fps with everything on low
Amen.
[Fin]Dami3n
something else
+53|6220|Finland
naid blur off shit should be already patched, right?
aimless
+166|6123|Texas

artofsurvival wrote:

Things like "9" for Parachute to "Z" , For crouch I use "Caps Lock" can't remember much else apart from the fact that I have my PC set up for BF2 using Tweak Guides. Can't remember webby address.
Tweak Guides BF2 ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard