CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796
My computer has a decent sound system.  Actually, probably worse than decent, but I just got a new pair of headphones (because I play really late at night and I hate having to turn it down for my roomates).  Anyways, I got the Turtle Beach Earforce HPA headphones and I have to say they are really impressive.  They're 5.1 surround sound and when I play I am actually more aware of what's going on around me.  For instance, it's easier for me to locate enemy snipers because I can hear if they're behind me, to the right of me, in front of me, etc.  Also, if your sound is set on High or Ultra High, you can hear everything so vividly that if someone is running up behind you or next to you it's really easy to hear them.  I've actually caught someone crawling up behind me to knife me because I could hear them.

I know this probably isn't necissary for those of you who have awesome sound systems, but I just thought I'd tell everyone.  Also, I haven't tried other brands, so if anyone else has headphones that are really awesome, write about them please. 

Last edited by CinnamonBits (2005-09-24 12:53:47)

TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-
I have the Plantronics DSP 500 headset. Digital sound
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

I'm gonna get a 5.1 dolby system that should mix down to psudeo 5.1 stero. Either that or unplug the speakers and rock the house with all 500 watts of speaker system
CinnamonBits
Sniper Cat
+1|6796

chuyskywalker wrote:

I'm gonna get a 5.1 dolby system that should mix down to psudeo 5.1 stero. Either that or unplug the speakers and rock the house with all 500 watts of speaker system
With that many watts, you can have real shellshock.
Shadow893
lel
+75|6693|England
I have a pair of sony headphones that work really well.
wilber69
+8|6634
I got a set of Altec Lansing PC speakers with a sub base! When playing the old BF1942 i stood in the room above my mate playing the game. The explosions were BOOMING through the house, it was like being next to a war zone, (or living next to a deaf person, done that also!).

Now I share a place, I just plug in my Sanyo headphones & play on. I have noticed some strange 'clanking' noises in Sharqi & Kubra. They always make me spin around when running around those maps! 
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6666
Sennheiser PC-150. 

That's all you need
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO
I have Shure's E3G canalphones, and they rock hard, but the biggest problem is they have to be fitted pretty much perfectly to get the best sound out of them.  When they're seated right though, oohhhhhh yeah baby...
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6807|Orlando, FL - Age 43
I have the Turtle Beach headphones as well. My only complaint is that the earcup covers come off too easily and are a pain to put back on.
Ronball9
Sleep Deprived
+8|6849

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Sennheiser PC-150. 

That's all you need
Roger that!
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6708|NL

Ronball9 wrote:

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

Sennheiser PC-150. 

That's all you need
Roger that!
Copy that!
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6689|UK

wilber69 wrote:

I got a set of Altec Lansing PC speakers with a sub base! When playing the old BF1942 i stood in the room above my mate playing the game. The explosions were BOOMING through the house, it was like being next to a war zone, (or living next to a deaf person, done that also!).

Now I share a place, I just plug in my Sanyo headphones & play on. I have noticed some strange 'clanking' noises in Sharqi & Kubra. They always make me spin around when running around those maps! 
yeah I hear them too, I thought it was something outside so i kept taking them off to make sure
Poncho
+91|6708|NL

E7IX3R wrote:

wilber69 wrote:

yeah I hear them too, I thought it was something outside so i kept taking them off to make sure
lol, you mean birds.
Rumfuddle
+14|6719
I have some nice Logitech speakers but usually end up using some $10 Sony headphones from Target of all things.  They are the old "in-ear" style that has fallen out of fashion in recent years.  I have gone through 3 of these in 2 years, but gosh darn it they sound better than my Logitech speakers or the $25 Logitech headset I also own.  They are also wonderfully lightweight and comfortable.  The Logitech headset sounds like mud in comparison.  I've tried some more expensive Sennheisers and the sound in those was better, but the over the ear or on the hear setups really get uncomfortable for me after an hour or so.
Poncho
+91|6708|NL

Rumfuddle wrote:

They are the old "in-ear" style that has fallen out of fashion in recent years. They are also wonderfully lightweight and comfortable.
You also got those things from Sennheiser. dunno if the sound is better.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6753|Toronto, ON
Grado SR-125.
Alpha as fuck.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6753

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I have the Plantronics DSP 500 headset. Digital sound
Same here
Impaqt
+37|6639|Chicago, Il
Edimensional Force feedback Headphones here...  Sound great and the force feedback is way cool when your in a Tank or Chopper!
wahjot
+30|6586
sennheiser hd 595s...awesome sound, and really comfortable
Sgt_Stutta
The Disturbed One
+14|6677|Tucson, AZ, USA, Earth
for that much money better be good lol i have a pair of logitech for like $30 and they pretty nice
raz
+22|6665|England, UK
My hedfones..

https://myspace-705.vo.llnwd.net/00648/50/76/648076705_l.jpg

Don't skit. lmao

(nah i have portable good ones too but theres sommit up wid the sound on em' sometimes doesn't give correct sounds in positions. Like a guy behind me would sound like he's shootin me from far away, so even these shitty ones are better than them ! )
montypythizzle
+21|6604
omg quit spamming that naked pic of you hehe
i got logitech headset and 7.1 opt. out to my 7.1 1000w onkyo lol!!! hehe 230 w subhehehehehhehehe

pwnt !!
coreinflames
+12|6646
I got a $15 dollar logitech, from superwalmart,  i dont recommend it the fome that covers the ear pieces always falls off, and when i bought it i didnt realize it wraps around the back of you're head, the piece of crap falls off you're head the whole time you play if you're not carefull.          boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo at you logitech.

Last edited by coreinflames (2006-04-17 22:30:36)

montypythizzle
+21|6604
should ahve got the 20$ones from bestbuy those logitech ones are gay for gay people!!! of course u dont like them so ur not gay
wilber69
+8|6634

Poncho wrote:

E7IX3R wrote:

wilber69 wrote:

lol, you mean birds.
LOL, nah, try it!

"Theres sumthang a-strange a-going on in them thar hills"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard