VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
http://www.infinityward.com/community/f … 159.0.html

Yes they "fixed" snipers...you don't have to hold your breath any more but the sway is the same as before.

I only saw a few servers running it but there were a few more people sniping then before
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I haven't played CoD4 yet, but isn't there a perk that lets you hold your breath longer or something? If that's the case, then isn't it now completely useless if you don't need to hold your breath to snipe? Or does it just eliminate sway, whereas if you don't hold your breath it'll still sway?
Heavy_Guns_91
I hand out purple hearts like candy
+72|6373|Alberta, Canada

mtb0minime wrote:

I haven't played CoD4 yet, but isn't there a perk that lets you hold your breath longer or something?
It's called "Iron Lungs", and yeah.
Master*
Banned
+416|6464|United States
great
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
..My Steam isn't updating.

If they removed the sniper scope sway, I'd stop playing MP.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2007-12-06 18:53:59)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
...what do you mean you don't have to hold your breathe? There is still sway, but you can't make it go away?
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

...what do you mean you don't have to hold your breathe? There is still sway, but you can't make it go away?
I think he means the bullets will actually follow the sway.

Like AA.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6658|"The Empire"
This will effect me 0%

https://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb27/Mazerali62/SNIPER.jpg
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya

DefCon-17 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Like AA.
yep bullets follow sway....

instead of bullets still going middle of screen.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6117|Texas
YEYZ.

I can do the headshot challenges without /ragequitting now that ACOGs are fixed.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Like AA.

oh WOW that's why I couldn't hit shit with the sniper rifles. weak
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6538|Mountains of NC

sooooooooooooooooo did this fix the hit rec.

I understand the sway when standing but in the prone it should be almost still
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Who gave me krmaz for Kraftwerk??? I <3 youuuuuuuuuu! Tell me who you are so we can make sweet love to their funky beats.

Oh and I guess I should say something on topic... but I haven't played the game yet... umm... wow they're on 1.3 already? I guess that's a good thing. I'm used to EA taking forever and getting to 1.41 2 years later.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Like AA.

oh WOW that's why I couldn't hit shit with the sniper rifles. weak
The only time I don't hold my breath is with the first two semi auto snipers.

Well I still hold my breath with them, it's just fun to bust of 5 shots in quick succession and get a random head shot.

I shot a guy in the leg once and got a headshot. O.o
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

UK|Hooligan wrote:

This will effect me 0%

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb27 … SNIPER.jpg
It will most likely effect me though:
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f266/Tyferra/allsnipers.png
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

mtb0minime wrote:

I haven't played CoD4 yet, but isn't there a perk that lets you hold your breath longer or something? If that's the case, then isn't it now completely useless if you don't need to hold your breath to snipe? Or does it just eliminate sway, whereas if you don't hold your breath it'll still sway?
Kinda a debatable topic....Here is MY take:

with out holding breath there used to just be a cone of fire...The gun was to inaccurate to really hit anything so if you didn't hold your breath you would miss even if you adjusted for the sway. In my experience if you held your breath for a long time the random deviation went away and you would hit your target pretty much every time.

At first this seamed like it sucked....but its kinda good. You cant just twich over and hit some one. You have to prepair your shot (I.E. get somewhere safe to look through the scope for a few seconds, hold your breath stop and take aim, wait for a good shot).

While there is sway, it doesn't really affect the the cross hair while your moving it around. This makes it hard when your standing there aiming at a sliver of some ones head behind cover(I.E. shots where you trying to get your scope steady on a target, but if you move your cross hair over the target and fire before you even really stop on them you cant really notice the sway.

Also if you have a real good idea where the center of the screen is the scope is pretty much on target as soon as you bring it up so you can fire before it really has a chance to "sway"

Its kinda good easier to defend your self close quarters, and I do like sniping....but it was nice when there was more challenge to it, kills felt more rewarding I guess.

I still use breathing a tiny bit, but you
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

It's kind of funny actually, seeing that I just downloaded 1.2 earlier today.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.
ACOG here I come!
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6749|Great Brown North

VicktorVauhn wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Kinda a debatable topic....Here is MY take:

with out holding breath there used to just be a cone of fire...The gun was to inaccurate to really hit anything so if you didn't hold your breath you would miss even if you adjusted for the sway. In my experience if you held your breath for a long time the random deviation went away and you would hit your target pretty much every time.

At first this seamed like it sucked....but its kinda good. You cant just twich over and hit some one. You have to prepair your shot (I.E. get somewhere safe to look through the scope for a few seconds, hold your breath stop and take aim, wait for a good shot).

While there is sway, it doesn't really affect the the cross hair while your moving it around. This makes it hard when your standing there aiming at a sliver of some ones head behind cover(I.E. shots where you trying to get your scope steady on a target, but if you move your cross hair over the target and fire before you even really stop on them you cant really notice the sway.

Also if you have a real good idea where the center of the screen is the scope is pretty much on target as soon as you bring it up so you can fire before it really has a chance to "sway"

Its kinda good easier to defend your self close quarters, and I do like sniping....but it was nice when there was more challenge to it, kills felt more rewarding I guess.

I still use breathing a tiny bit, but you
the problem was that even with breath holding the hit reg sucked so bad sometimes you could drop a mag into someone and still register no hits
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Me thinks the sway in Cod4 so far is pretty realistic ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

Varegg wrote:

Me thinks the sway in Cod4 so far is pretty realistic ...
while standing yes... while prone... not so much
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6622|pimelteror.de
... and the servers are full with snipers... but hey.. now those bullets hit their targets
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

... and the servers are full with snipers... but hey.. now those bullets hit their targets
it'll pass
weasel_thingo
+74|6296
um infinityward doesnt seem to be loading for me right now anyone got another link to download from?
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

weasel_thingo wrote:

um infinityward doesnt seem to be loading for me right now anyone got another link to download from?
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist. … ails=13819

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard