(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
Have you ever wondering how to to feel like being deaf? Why don't you try few round without sound and post the information here about your experiences. There are 2 active deaf player. One is me and other is duskywolf and we would like to hear your comment about it.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6674
I play with music normally.

But without sound at all I find it hard to concentrate :S
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-
Was one of you an active player on the Ctrl-Alt-Del server at one point? If not, then there is another.

Also, no I have never thought about what it would feel like to be deaf.
Torin
+52|6701
I occasionally have to take my headphones off to listen to my wife nag at me about spending too much time playing, so I kind of know how it feels.

It's not quite as fun, I'll say that. And you can't be nearly as good, because sound is almost as big an aid to survival as sight is.
vega_4speed
+0|6682
I've played with the sound off.  It is definately a disadvantage. 

(IOC)WhiteLion, do you have any tips for the rest of us that would make us better players?  I'm sure you've adapted your game in some way to compensate.  Any tips and trick that you use that might help out everyone?
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
Triggerhappy998, I play alot on railbait and duskywolf do the same but sometimes duskywolf roam around the servers. If you can remember the ign the spell it out with your best possiblities. There one guy name King Ralkian something and he is deaf but became inactive around oct or nov so.

Torin, I do the best to became a good player and sometimes I felt I am doing good job,

Vega_4speed, try train your eyes because many time I see people in distance and they are more likely fall in either my knife or pistol but if that person were able to hear me sneaking then sometimes I got killed. For those who use no sound, please be aware what around you and don't just look in one way but look around 360 degree. Also if you feel something strange then get that fix. For example I drive tank and going to one place and felt funny that there possible c4 or mines await so i go around and good enough it was there so you got to feel the game. You may want to use common sense what emeny will do and develop better strategy for it.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6765|The Netherlands
would be terrible i reckon.
than it would be a relief when you hear voices in your head
tF-afrojap
+124|6856|SF
One thing you are definitely not missing out on: Idiot commanders.

NeNeNeNeNeNegativeNeNeNeNeNeNeAffirAffAffiafifiaafifififAAifififNeNeNeNENeNENEENeNeneneneNEnENEgative!!
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6761

(IOC)WhiteLion wrote:

Have you ever wondering how to to feel like being deaf?
I'm in a tank You cant hear anything anyway. But on foot..... its hard.
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6761

tF-afrojap wrote:

One thing you are definitely not missing out on: Idiot commanders.

NeNeNeNeNeNegativeNeNeNeNeNeNeAffirAffAffiafifiaafifififAAifififNeNeNeNENeNENEENeNeneneneNEnENEgative!!
Very agree.

-Enemy infantry spotted
-Enemy infantry spotted
-Enemy infantry spotted
-Enemy infantry spotted
-Enemy infantry spotted
-Enemy armor spotted
-Enemy forces spotted

Why bother... Just UAV
asbad
+19|6730|Ireland
i havent done it in bf2 but i have in other games and had better accuracy. one less sense, and the others get better. I imagine its very hard to enjoy no-sound on bf2
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
I play at work alot, have to keep the sound off. It's really not that much harder, I've kinda adapted to it.

What's harder is play on teamspeak with someone who's mic picks up his speakers, you hear everything that's going on in his world(like gun battles) and end up looking around at the wrong time and getting killed that really sucks.
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
Truely that people telling me that they get sick of noob commanders spotting anything but at the same time it does annoy me when use in text because it does distract me. So there is no different about hearing that idiot commanders and seeing what commanders spot in text. But I got use to it after several days learning to ignore it. i really enjoy playing bf2 and alot of challenge and I aint giving up on that game.
tF-afrojap
+124|6856|SF
It's gotta be tough avoiding enemy arty though, I completely rely on sound for that.. also hearing a tank rolling before visual contact can allow you to hop on a TOW.. never thought about the game without sound. Interesting topic.
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6703|San Francisco
That's pretty amazing WhiteLion.  I'm kind of the direct opposite to your situation...
I only have one eye, and have trouble with quickly interpreting what I can see.  It takes me a long time to adapt to a game that has extremely detailed graphics, because enemies in camoflauge or just plain enemies in severely detailed environments are extremely hard for me to see.  I end up relying heavily on sound to hear where people are in relation to me when playing a game. 
Playing without sound surely is a challenge, but I guess you can think if it as adding a whole new aspect to the gameplay itself!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6705|NJ
Dman I got to say good luck to you guys, the only real problem I have is a gf who likes to attack me while I"m playing games.
tF-afrojap
+124|6856|SF
Now all we need is taste, smell and touch! I better get to taste and smell that napalm in bf3! Dunno, about touch.. if they do add it in, we better make all the models female. hah
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6688|Broadlands, VA
We assume you mean "attack" as in nudge-nudge-wink-wink   Right?  Lucky Bastard!
(IOC)WhiteLion
+0|6729
Marconius, I salute you for continue playing bf2 with one eye and indeed it is challenge. Spikeyboyz who is also deaf and have 1 eye too he is inactive when bf2 come out. He play alot with me in DC but stop when bf2 comeout because of his computer specs isnt up to that point. I wonder how many disabled people play bf2? i speak of perment pyschial disable.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6784|Noizyland

Yeah I play on a computer sometimes with non-working sound. It's a slight hinderance, but it's a lot better than dealing with a computer which lags all the time.

I don't think I could handle being deaf. I'd rather be blind actually. May seem weird, but I'm heavily into my music, and I'm no Beethoven.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard