Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6475|Tyne & Wear, England
I just unlocked the M14 today and seriously that thing combined with a red dot is the fucking dogs bollocks.  Its like a sniper rifle but with no recoil and immense fire rate.

When you get the opportunity, just try it, awesome.  Make sure you get the red dot sight though because the iron sights on it are awful.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6700|"The Empire"
I do like auto weapons though, but in S&D its a good choice!!
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6706|Ireland
Knife > All
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6855|Reykjavík, Iceland.
M14 has more recoil than sniper rifles

G3 is better than M14 IMO even though M14 sure packs a punch.
SpIk3y
Minister of Silly Walks
+67|6151|New Jersey
It's great on certain larger maps but is not so good on small maps because it is not automatic.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6780|Tenn
i almost prefer the g3 because u can add a silencer to the g3 and still have a decent iron sight. either way tho. i think the bog map was invented for those 2 weapons. well, thats wat the 6-7:1 ratios ive gotten says
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6797|Anaheim, CA

It's pretty sexy with laser dot.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6144|Scotland!
m14 with laser dot sight and the increased damage perk is my favourite.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

I'm Jamesey wrote:

m14 with laser dot sight and the increased damage perk is my favourite.
I would do that but I just love my UAV Jammer.
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6493|Purdue
I know I love it. Everytime I see one on the ground I pick it up. I unlocked it, but I couldn't get any kills without the red dot, so I just gave up. I would try to use it in a Team Hardcore match, but revert back to the M16 because my team fails >.<
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6184|New Austin, Not
Yeah the iron sights on the M-14 are pretty terrible. Add on a RDS and you're good to go. The M-14 is "good" in cqb if you spam the trigger fast enough, but other than that carry a good AR/SMG with it as a back up (thank God for overkill).
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6451|Brisbane, Australia

Rohirm wrote:

Yeah the iron sights on the M-14 are pretty terrible. Add on a RDS and you're good to go. The M-14 is "good" in cqb if you spam the trigger fast enough, but other than that carry a good AR/SMG with it as a back up (thank God for overkill).
Or be a faggot and map primary fire to your mouse wheel....

Someone was doing that yesterday with the M14...fucking irritating.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Goven
/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
+125|6493|Purdue

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

Eh I have the 360 version so I can't really do that. I could probally get a macro-able controller though...but too much work. I don't even have the game anymore..(rented it. /writs)
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6475|A W S M F O X
M14 is amazing TBF.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6792|Great Brown North

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

yeah, thankfully the admin that was on decided that counted as an exploit, and banned him

since i pretty much only play on hardcore... the M14 is deadly
PureFodder
+225|6297
On hardcore it's a fantastic sniper rifle.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
I haven't played with the M14. Is the Ironsights like the M1 Garand Ironsights? I loved the Garand Ironsights in CoD2. The M14 is basically an M1 Garand except with a 20 round magazine instead of an 8-round clip
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6009

Goven wrote:

I know I love it. Everytime I see one on the ground I pick it up. I unlocked it, but I couldn't get any kills without the red dot, so I just gave up. I would try to use it in a Team Hardcore match, but revert back to the M16 because my team fails >.<
I always pick it up too when I see it on the ground. About the red dot - did you try playing Crash? There is a house with a ladder next to the marine spawn, I got 95% of my G3 kills there, so I think its pretty much same for M14, try it out.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

Mekstizzle wrote:

I haven't played with the M14. Is the Ironsights like the M1 Garand Ironsights? I loved the Garand Ironsights in CoD2. The M14 is basically an M1 Garand except with a 20 round magazine instead of an 8-round clip
I'm not sure, I never had CoD2 so someone else will have to answer.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6534

PBAsydney wrote:

what game have you been playing?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6792|Great Brown North

ig wrote:

PBAsydney wrote:

what game have you been playing?
thats like people saying the M4 has wild recoil
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6822|Nårvei

M14 is a great rifle in CoD4, easiest assault weapon so far imho to get head shots with in a cramped situation, i prefer it over M16 and the G3 any day ... both on short and long distance ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6513|Valley of the Dragons
Patch 1.3 has a fix for the ACOG scope, so the M14 + ACOG will be an ubar combination imo.
CloakedStarship
+76|6577

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Make sure you get the red dot sight though because the iron sights on it are awful.
Whatchu talkin bout willis?  The iron sights on the M14 are badass.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6664|Spokane, Washington

CloakedStarship wrote:

KILLSWITCH wrote:

Make sure you get the red dot sight though because the iron sights on it are awful.
Whatchu talkin bout willis?  The iron sights on the M14 are badass.
If you like not seeing shit.

I agree, the M14 is an excellent gun. I have the most luck with it on bog, but that might be just because I love that map.

Last edited by Unclean009 (2007-11-29 08:04:54)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard