airborne916
+24|6705
Well i got tired of the one saying "I'm running dry need ammo" so i got on the saw, but i can seem to kill with it. It's ok on like Kirkland but if I'm on wake 2007 I'm forced to use the G3A3 and that's the only gun i can seem to be good with wile on maps that are big. How do i do i effectively with the m249 saw?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

I use it for close range, but it can work at long distance, however it takes an assload of rounds the further away you are.  But hey, at least it doesn't jam all the time like it does in real life.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6720
That's because the saw AND the pkm are worthless beyond 30 meters . Don't use this weapon unless it close quarters . Its a shame though . I've fired both of these weapons in real life and the maximum effective range is 800 . Not 30 meters . This class is worthless . I can kill targets much easier with the pistol then I can with the PKM . Sad , such sad design . The g3 has 9mm rounds and it has a better kill range then the PKM witch fires 7.62x54R , witch is roughly 5 times a bigger bullet . Gay . Like half the crap in this game .
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

jonnykill wrote:

That's because the saw AND the pkm are worthless beyond 30 meters . Don't use this weapon unless it close quarters . Its a shame though . I've fired both of these weapons in real life and the maximum effective range is 800 . Not 30 meters . This class is worthless . I can kill targets much easier with the pistol then I can with the PKM . Sad , such sad design . The g3 has 9mm rounds and it has a better kill range then the PKM witch fires 7.62x54R , witch is roughly 5 times a bigger bullet . Gay . Like half the crap in this game .
Woot
Octavarium
+1|6750
G3 doesn't fire 9mm though it fires either 7.62 or 5.56 (depending on version)

Otherwise I agree the Support weapons should be more accurate at range (in theory perhaps more than the assuakt rifles)
airborne916
+24|6705

jonnykill wrote:

no the g3a3 fires a 7.62 round.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6795|The Netherlands
use it prone, aimed down the sight and in bursts. you cant get it more accurate.
glad they make it more accurate in the patch ( the SAW doesn't spray that crazy in real life sometimes i find a bullet almost 90 degrees under where it is fired)
RDMC_old
+0|6776|Almere, Holland

airborne916 wrote:

Well i got tired of the one saying "I'm running dry need ammo" so i got on the saw, but i can seem to kill with it. It's ok on like Kirkland but if I'm on wake 2007 I'm forced to use the G3A3 and that's the only gun i can seem to be good with wile on maps that are big. How do i do i effectively with the m249 saw?
Cause its a close combat gun on longrangers you need 50 rounds atleast to shoot some1..

Edit: Its Karkand..
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

spray and pray
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6712

Octavarium wrote:

G3 doesn't fire 9mm though it fires either 7.62 or 5.56 (depending on version)

Otherwise I agree the Support weapons should be more accurate at range (in theory perhaps more than the assuakt rifles)
Accuracy is being addressed in the upcoming patch.
LockerFish
+47|6746
but it didn't say if it was being adjusted to be more accurate or less accurate.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

stryyker wrote:

spray and pray
Goddamn right...........Semper Fi!
Jobarra
+0|6721

airborne916 wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the G3 fires a .308 round.  Not sure about the g3a3 though.
airborne916
+24|6705

Jobarra wrote:

airborne916 wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

Actually, I'm pretty sure the G3 fires a .308 round.  Not sure about the g3a3 though.
Real World Statistics

Caliber: 7.62×51 mm NATO
      Action: Roller-delayed blowback
      Country of origin: Germany
      Design Company: Heckler and Koch
      Upgrades: carbine version, retractable buttstock, telescopic sights, bipod, sniperized variants
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6792

jonnykill wrote:

pkm sucks in close quarters. To damn slow. Its a medium range weapon.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6778|The Hague, Netherlands

yeah im mostly support and allthough i have the unlocks i dont use them, i use the M249 SAW, even shooting large distance with the thing, without zooming can kill allot, i do that all the time and its a good weapon in close combat, play with it allot, i gues
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
mpsmith
+5|6712
.308 == 7.62mm (NATO) dumbasses

Last edited by mpsmith (2006-02-06 08:57:50)

Esker
+1|6767
You don't always need to scope at short ranges though, the SAW fires that many rounds quickly that there really is no need for the extra bit of accuracy.
Tearsofromance
+0|6727|Canada
Try using it kinda like burst fire, like, hold it down for a second (5 or 6 shots) then let it rest for a second then shoot again and that seems to work good with any support guns as they all seem to have some badass kickback and get hot fast, not only will this technique make your gun more accurate, but you wont overheat your weapon as fast either.
dkkampkill
+1|6719
I am support class a bunch and the PKM/MG36 rocks, like the previous poster said: PRONE/ZOOM/BURST.  I have decimated whole squads with the MG36 at medium range and it snipes fairly decently in very short bursts. The PKM is a heavy hitter, but really only suited for squad suppression tactics where you are getting and giving cover.

But if you are standing and not in zoom, you are likely going to die against a skilled player. I always laugh when I get killed by a support soldier because it means I wans't paying attention.
Poofy
+0|6713|Pennsylvania
Like Previously mentioned, Wake is a horrible Support Class map. You're far better off just supplying AT with rockets through the entire round.

Mashtuur is easily the best map for SAW, QCC like Karkand, but you don't have all the grenades, grenade launchers, and Art strikes raining right ontop of you. Just practice on that map 'till you get good.

Last edited by Poofy (2006-02-06 11:07:33)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6802

Best thing in the world, for distance supression,  is to find a friend and use "talking guns," now that will get you some kills and points.

For those of you who don't know what talking guns are, I am sorry i can't explain it, but maybe someone has a sound clip.

Last edited by usmarine2005 (2006-02-06 11:38:22)

72Wolf-
+1|6754

mpsmith wrote:

.308 == 7.62mm (NATO) dumbasses
Hahahah, good post.

I'll admit, I'm a SAW whore.
Check my stats, the majority of my kills (by class) are as Support (2,077/6,496).

As mentioned, hit your belly. Short bursts. Kind of like in real life.
The barrel will rise as you fire your burst, so aim at the belly of the enemy and let the gun bring the followups on target.  On Karkand as MEC, I'd taken out a good number of USMC snipers on the east hill.  Makes a sniper so angry when a big ole machine gun takes him out.  As USMC, it is useful to holding an area with a friend by using cover fire as reinforcements move in.

usmarine2005 wrote:

Best thing in the world, for distance supression,  is to find a friend and use "talking guns," now that will get you some kills and points.

For those of you who don't know what talking guns are, I am sorry i can't explain it, but maybe someone has a sound clip.
Two guys, I fire my burst, as I release my trigger from the burst, the buddy fires his burst.  Esentially, between us, we have a continuous stream of rounds headed into an area, yet maintain the accuracy that comes from a cool barrel and reduced extended recoil.

Contrary to what was stated, it is not a spray and pray.  Used as designed (it comes with a bipod on it) its a very accurate weapon.

Support class gives you a very powerful weapon, a great teampoint ammo pack, grenades, and a decent pistol.  The only drawback is the endurance when running.  The stamina is so low, you can rarely keep up with your squad.

A month of so ago, an ex-military guy posted a support/saw tutorial.  I thought it was sticky, but didnt see it in searching.

Last edited by 72Wolf- (2006-02-06 11:45:41)

idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6767|Debris From Space
You have to go to prone. Then the PKM/SAW actually becomes really accurate if fired in 3-4 shot bursts.
Anima05
+1|6800

jonnykill wrote:

you just suck with LMGs dont you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard