Jets
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6649|can
Everything.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Wasn't there going to be a Karkand for 2142?
=VGF= Avantek
+2|6122
The long ass loading time in which you could eat a whole meal take a piss and come on time for the first assault.
Longbow
+163|6654|Odessa, Ukraine
AK-101 . Still better then any AR in 2142 .
David.P
Banned
+649|6281

Longbow wrote:

Lol! I know a guy who says the same thing all the time. He sold Bf2 to buy 2142 and he regrets it!
l=l-Oneill-l=l
+27|6844|Dundas, ONT, Canada

Longbow wrote:

Don't know about that one Voss is pretty deadly if you know how to use it.

One more video:

Buzerk1
+44|6843
This always end up into a flaming fest from BF2 trolls...

I don't miss the jets, I don't miss the spawns camping fest but I do miss the bullet drop
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6242|United Kingdom
the big scores

Bf2142 i have a best ever round of about 150, yesterday i went on bf2:sf IO and in the round got 309
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6682|Canberra, AUS

mitch212k_2 wrote:

the big scores

Bf2142 i have a best ever round of about 150, yesterday i went on bf2:sf IO and in the round got 309
Same.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6447|Brisbane, Australia

Spark wrote:

mitch212k_2 wrote:

the big scores

Same.
Yeh that too I guess, although I seem to get consistent scores on titan rounds rather than on then off in bf2.

I think overall, it is the 'feel' of the game. Bf2 just seems more 'real' to me, the guns feel more powerful, the vehicles seem more detailed and overall it seems more 'real'.... does anyone else have this feeling?

(not to say I don't enjoy 2142 at all, I rate bf2 and 2142 fairly equally)
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Mitch92uK
aka [DBS]Mitch92uK
+192|6242|United Kingdom
yah, i love the IO in bf2 - it is more realistic but i dislike the dominance of the vehicles
Longbow

l=l-Oneill-l=l wrote:

Don't know about that one Voss is pretty deadly if you know how to use it.
I 'm not using no-skill-needed noobguns .
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6747
The RPK, had a quick go on BF2 yesterday haven't played for a while and my god that gun pisses on from a great hight all the BF2142 support guns.
Navyseal99
Unintentional Good-Guy
+0|6664
The drum roll, the M95, and the zip lines!
I2elik
+12|6760|Perth, Western Australia

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Spark wrote:

mitch212k_2 wrote:

the big scores

Same.
Yeh that too I guess, although I seem to get consistent scores on titan rounds rather than on then off in bf2.

I think overall, it is the 'feel' of the game. Bf2 just seems more 'real' to me, the guns feel more powerful, the vehicles seem more detailed and overall it seems more 'real'.... does anyone else have this feeling?

(not to say I don't enjoy 2142 at all, I rate bf2 and 2142 fairly equally)
I get that feel too, to me it seems that 2142 looks like a well made mod for BF2 rather than a proper game, I would've been fine with waiting longer for them to work on it more.

The Mechs are what sold me to the game though.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6452|The Land of Scott Walker
The modern day weapons are more fun sometimes, but that's about it. 

The balance is nearly perfect in 2142 compared to BF2 and everything can be defeated if the right tactics are used.  Which is probably why the people used to whoring up the jets and gunships in BF2 came into 2142, kept getting blown to bits by the balance, and now call it a bad game.   I have to say I've had more fun as a squad leader or squad member in 2142 than BF2.
Longbow
I miss assault rifles that kill with one headshot...
Delphy
+45|6592|Bristol, UK

r2zoo wrote:

ZCaliber wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Yeh, strangely 150 years of technology allowed helicopters to get WORSE....
I find straight down shooting rather useful actually... Something Helos couldn't do. But it isn't that the 'Helos' are worse, it's just the vehicles they're up against have better protection. ;P RGMs may not outright kill in 1 hit, but they still set any vehicle down to flaming and destroy aircraft in 1 hit. (Plus they can destroy commander assets... Something I don't think BF2 Helos could do.)
Agreed.  The "helis" arent worse, their more balanced and you need some teamwork to use them, you cna no longer hop into a gunship and get 150+ points whoring the hell out of it.  I personally love it, and you can do all sorts of fancy manuvuers in it if you know how.  A barrel roll is pushing it, but I dont believe modern Helicopters really perform barrel rolls either, I doubt its a valid combat technique
Modern helicopters, of course they can do barrel rolls. Yeah, the gunships are pretty shit. I miss my AH-1Z. I think the gunships would be ok if they would take off the 'stabilisers' that stop you banking too far, so that they were unstable and actually manuerverable. Also make the tv missiles targeting back to like in BF2 so you can actually hit something, and maybe make the main rockets a bit stonger. Oh, and make them able to circle strafe properly. Then they'd be decent.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6360|Troy, New York
vehicle airdrops, totally takes the fun out of being commander, cant drop yourself a jeep and go zooming around for fun while you wait for your "powers" to recharge.
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6651|internet
I miss bugs...
and one more thing  Granade Launcher   

if i miss GL i just go and play bf2
If i miss minigun i go  play crysis 
e.t.c.
Afrika_18
+26|6549
I miss getting killed every now and then.  In BF2142, I rule every server I play on.  It would be nice to get killed once and a while...add some challenge.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6680|The Real World

Come join our server some time if you want to prove it. Details below.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6006|Vortex Ring State
I miss the lulz bugs, seeing funny shit in multiplayer. Hovercars, a M249 reloading in the cockpit of a heli, etc.
Afrika_18
+26|6549

gvers wrote:

Come join our server some time if you want to prove it. Details below.
You expect me to look upon your servers and tremble?  All I see is ten-thousand geeks all ready to die for one man's greed.

Expect to see me then on your server: my game name is none other than Afrika()18, and my wrath will leave all who frequent your servers in hushed shock....and then admiration.....and then downright worship.  Tell me your game name and your's will be the first tags I get.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard