{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas
I have not played 2142 in a while and today I decided, what the hell I'll give it another shot. But as soon as I double-clicked the shortcut it goes to a black screen for a few minutes then splashes back to desktop. I have had this game working on this computer before. I have manually un-installed both EA Link and 2142 and reinstalled them. I have installed 2142, the 1.25 patch and then reinstalled EA Link over itself as some sites suggested. I have run the 2142.exe in Windows 2000 compatibility mode. I have deleted the radial.cdb file as a site suggested. And last but not least I have installed the Windows hot-fix that is supposed to fix this problem. Still no luck, just a black screen and a splash to the desktop. I have done everything except sacrificing a pig in order to get this game to work.

PLEASE help.

Computer specs:
I am running Windows XP SP2.
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 4000+
ATI 512MB X1900 XTX
2 x Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM (RAID 0)
Hiper Type-R 580W power supply
X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty sound card
2 GB Kingston HyperX KHX3200AK2 400MHz DDR
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
OK, sacrificing a pig didn't work either... Comeon people!
RECONDO67
+60|6646|miami FL
you have to wait till the year 2142 to get the technology to fix it.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6672|Sheerness, UK
un-install 2142, use  CCleaner to remove any temp files relating to 2142 re-install game and latest patch, make sure you've got the latest graphic card drivers as well.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
I have the latest graphics driver, and I have already uninstalled 2142 and removed all traces of it from my computer including in the registry and then tried a clean install. No luck.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6650|Your moms bedroom
mine did that with bf2, it was a video card issue
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6608|S.C.

LightMagic wrote:

un-install 2142.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Locoloki wrote:

mine did that with bf2, it was a video card issue
I had it working before with the same video card and drivers.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6207|Winland

What else to expect? It's EA...

I'd say reinstall graphics and audio drivers. Do a defrag and reinstall 2142.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard