Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
When my stove is plugged in, the sparker, goes off by itself, without me  even turning any of the knobs. I have a feeling my friends spilled some triple sec liquor on the stove. I just thoroughly cleaned the stove, under the cover. The problem persists thought. What should I do?!
Donald O' Brien
+104|6694

Superior Mind wrote:

What should I do?!
Wait for leetkyle, he's the tech guru.  He can fix anything.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6697|67.222.138.85
Make sure all gas lines are off, turned off at the source to be sure if I were you. Call the manufacturer.

Moved to D&ST, more views of the appropriate kind here.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Make sure all gas lines are off, turned off at the source to be sure if I were you. Call the manufacturer.

Moved to D&ST, more views of the appropriate kind here.
Well the gas is ok. It's not leaking or anything (I think). It has to do with the wiring I think. The stuff that spilled on it left a very sticky residue, like orange juice. I'm not about to call my manufacturer now, it's 1:04 am.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6465|Foothills of S. Carolina

unplug it and wait till the morning to call the repair company. Also make sure the gas is off.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6697|67.222.138.85
Well, if you KNOW the gas is off, it shouldn't be too much of a problem past just wearing out the stove, and you can call them tomorrow. Is it under warranty?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Well, if you KNOW the gas is off, it shouldn't be too much of a problem past just wearing out the stove, and you can call them tomorrow. Is it under warranty?
Most likely, no. The stove is older than I am probably. The problem was obviously caused by someone spilling that shit all over my stove and not telling me -_-. What would cause a wire to overide it's switch and allow current automatically?
Canin

either your switch is stuck in internally, or you have a short between two wires within the switch.  (ps. I work on commercial food equipment for a living.)

Last edited by Canin (2007-08-05 22:12:49)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6683
Could it get stuck internaly from sticky liqued holding it down? And if so is there any way to clean it out?
Canin

possibly you could take the switch apart. you could also go to your local home store and probably purchase a new one rather cheap, switch I mean.

If you can, PM me the make and model, possibly the serial number and I can find out more specifics for you if you want.

Last edited by Canin (2007-08-05 22:15:35)

Shaguart
Titties
+56|6359|Calgary, Canada
aww this thread went to pm's. i wanna see what happens
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6458
Well my stove is fucked too.

I turn on the oven part and the gas doesn't light.

WTF should I do?

(This question was believe it or not serious)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6756|Cambridge (UK)

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

WTF should I do?

Turn oven on. Wait five minutes. Light match.

That should work.

(NOTE: IF YOU CAN'T TELL THAT THAT WAS A JOKE - PLEASE DO NOT DO WHAT I JUST SAID YOU SHOULD DO!!!)

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-08-06 01:34:01)

SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6120|North Tonawanda, NY

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

(NOTE: IF YOU CAN'T TELL THAT THAT WAS A JOKE - PLEASE DO NOT DO WHAT I JUST SAID YOU SHOULD DO!!!)
At some point, everyone makes that Darwinian decision...
Smitty5613
+46|6517|Middle of nowhere, California

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

WTF should I do?

Turn oven on. Wait five minutes. Light match.

That should work.

DO IT!!!!
BVC
+325|6686
If youre using an electric stove, you can rest the knives on top of the elements rather than jamming them underneath, saves bending the elements.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6756|Cambridge (UK)

Pubic wrote:

If youre using an electric stove, you can rest the knives on top of the elements rather than jamming them underneath, saves bending the elements.
lol
Ratzinger
+43|6382|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Pubic wrote:

Tends to avoid hot  and cooler spots, so the hash spot burns completely........
BVC
+325|6686
And you can put a tincan lid over top also, riptop lid is best, and have an extra set of knives for rapid-fire spots.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6318

Its fucked. Take it outside and use it as a grill for BBQ
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard