KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
+8|6179|Somplace or Other
Hello all. Ever notice the awesome cursor BF2 has? Ever wonder how to get it on your regular monitor? Well with this guide you CAN!

Requirements:
Stardock cursor XP
BF2
Some time.

The first step is simple:
Download the FREE version of Stardock cursor XP off of CNet. No worries about spy ware, I've used it and nothing happened.

http://www.download.com/CursorXP/3000-2 … l?tag=list

Step 2:
Open it.

Step 3:
Open the scroll down box under "theme"

Step 4:
Click <New Theme>

Step 5:
Click The configure button under the scroll box.

Step 6:
Click on the picture labeled "Normal Select".

Step 7:
Click "Configure" in the bottom right of the window.

Step 8: Click "Enhanced Cursor".

Step 9: Click "Import".

Step 10 (The tricky part):
Go to this file: C:/Program Files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2/mods/bf2/menu/external/Flash Menu/Cursor

Step 11:
Click on "cursor_arrow".

Step 12: Click "Open".
The regular arrow should be replaced by the BF2 Arrow.

Repeat steps 6-12 for the following, listed with their counterparts:
Working in background - cursor_wait
Busy - cursor_busy
Text Select - cursor_text
Hand - cursor_arrow

Step 12: Click "Save As".
Name it whatever you want.

Step 13: Save it!

Final Step:

Click on the scroll down box and select it, then click the OK button at the bottom.

That's it! I don't know what the others do, but you can play with them if you like. PM me any questions you have.
agent146
+127|6409|Jesus Land aka Canada
i will asume the awesome cursor is the the rotating 2.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6765|FUCK UBISOFT

agent146 wrote:

i will asume the awesome cursor is the the rotating 2.
that would suck as the cursor, i hope its the menu one. you never have to use the 2.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
The Arrow is the main cursor, the 2 is for busy.
RedTwizzler
I do it for the lulz.
+124|6560|Chicago
Someone do this and post a screenshot of it?
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
Yeah, I don't know how to do it on my moniter alone, sorry.
KamakaziSparow
Time Traveling Salesman!
Would someone please be so kind to tell me how to get some screenshots for this?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6486|cuntshitlake

Press PrintScrn in the upper right corner of your keyboard and paste the image to Paint.

Also I have a rotating BF2 cursor. I'll upload it if anyone wants.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2007-07-31 06:35:51)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6220|Winland

Or simply got to control panel, mouse, change cursor and find your BF2 folder. There it is. No need for mem eating software.

I'm going to post more details in 5 minutes.

Go to Control panel -> Mouse -> Cursors, click change cursor, then go to C:\Progtram files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\BF2\menu\External\FlashMenu\Cursor

There are all the BF2 cursors.

Screenshot, click for full-size. It shows my swedish Windows version, but you get the point.

https://img127.imageshack.us/img127/3590/cursorem2.png

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2007-07-31 06:44:38)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6461|King Of The Islands

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I have a rotating BF2 cursor. I'll upload it if anyone wants.
As opposed to everyone else's which doesn't?

I think however, you mean this doovah.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6438|Melbourne, Australia
I hate the BF2 cursor! Its pure evil! Every time it goes round and you sit there thinking 'well due to the laws of the universe i shall see 2 reversed in a second'. And then OMG there it is again!!!!! The 2!!!!!! And its the right way!!!! Why will not you ever turn around you beastly cursor!
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6350|USA Biznatch!
Freezer I have it the same way you do I changed it to that way like 5 months ago lol. The only ones I didn't use were the two cursor_keybinding.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6220|Winland

Kommander_Kale wrote:

I hate the BF2 cursor! Its pure evil! Every time it goes round and you sit there thinking 'well due to the laws of the universe i shall see 2 reversed in a second'. And then OMG there it is again!!!!! The 2!!!!!! And its the right way!!!! Why will not you ever turn around you beastly cursor!
Cheez posted your soul-lution
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6293
Yeah I made the 2142 loading cursor as my 'loading cursor' a while ago. I like it. I think its better than the rotating 2.
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6438|Melbourne, Australia

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Kommander_Kale wrote:

Cheez posted your soul-lution
Heh. I play 2142 now. And i have a walker. If he can post a cursor where the walker walks into a brick wall (as it's bound to do at some point) I'll give him karma every day for the next month.

Quite possibly the sole reason i left BF2.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6171|San Antonio, Texas
Thanks a lot, Freezer. Now I have a BF2 cursor setup.

And I remember playing with you on the BF2s EU server. The 1337 chopper if I remember right.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6220|Winland

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Thanks a lot, Freezer. Now I have a BF2 cursor setup.

And I remember playing with you on the BF2s EU server. The 1337 chopper if I remember right.
I r flying mah l33tz!
Anybodykillz
Ummm ... no.
+13|6464|beyond teh blinders
been doin this for ages, thought i was the only one.

Last edited by Anybodykillz (2007-08-01 17:46:06)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard