Reciprocity
+721|6578|the dank(super) side of Oregon
you think that's bad, a lot of my buddies moved onto WoW.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6379|Oslo, Norway
I played 2142 a couple of times, and that's it. That game has no charm at all! If I qwere you, I'd find myself new gaming friends and continue playing our beloved game!
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6628|New Hampshire, USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Boycott, find a different game temporarily. Find friends with good taste in games.
Mr. Maniac speaks the truth

Amen brothah, amen!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
fabiator14
+7|6149|Normandy - France
I've never played BF2142 but all my friends told me that BF2 is better

stay on BF2 ! !
Smitty5613
+46|6524|Middle of nowhere, California
stick to BF2, maybe try and talk them into trying some mods for BF2, like EoD, or PR....
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle

XBurnerX wrote:

Is this one of those "if all your friends jump of a bridge, would you follow them?" kind of questions?  Fuck dude!  play the game you like playing!
thanks for putting it in perspective
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6461|A W S M F O X
Stick it in their poopers.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

I say give it a go, I did and played 180hrs of it (that I enjoyed).

You'll never never know if you never never go.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
psH
Banned
+217|6381|Sydney

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Stick it in their poopers.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6524|Milkystania, yurop
Fuck em go out and get a girl or boy whatever rocks your boat....
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6413|Melbourne, Australia
2142 is fun. Pretty much exactly the same kind of fun as bf2. Once you've played them both a bit you'll be just as good at both and that will make you want to play them just as much.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK
run around in your back garden with one of those toy laser guns that gows "beep beep beep, pow, kerchew!!"
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6461|A W S M F O X

Buckles wrote:

run around in your back garden with one of those toy laser guns that gows "beep beep beep, pow, kerchew!!"
And a pot on your head with "The Future" written on it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6437|Brisbane, Australia

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Or with a gun that goes "bang bang bang" and a helmet.......

Same shit different smell really.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6650|pimelteror.de
a real friend wouldn´t play 2142
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Buckles wrote:

Teh fut0rZ??
Slickfish
+24|6621
2142 is good but not as good as bf2 overall IMO.

I find it funny how many people have posted(in that past) about playing for only afew hours if not 10min and writing it of, you are missing out, it toke me about 30hr's play to get the unlocks I wanted, understand how you can't play it like bf2 and it was great, 290ish hr's play later it's run out of steam and im back to bf2 most of the time now.

It's a good game make no mistake and a nice change from bf2 at time's. It's worth the cash no question. Just give it a fare chance.

It goes without saying not everyone who plays bf2 will like it, before some of you try and flame, I thought I'd dislike it, future thing and all, but the game play make's it for me. If jets, grenade spamming etc annoy you then at the min 2142 is more or less free of it, im sure it will change in time though.

I also tend to find far more retards on bf2 than 2142, which is strange, I dunno if its the servers I play on or what but I seem to find most of the kids are in bf2.

Last edited by Slickfish (2007-07-26 04:06:14)

Longbow
+163|6644|Odessa, Ukraine

Slickfish wrote:

I also tend to find far more retards on bf2 than 2142, which is strange, I dunno if its the servers I play on or what but I seem to find most of the kids are in bf2.
The only good thing about ppl in 2142 is that they rarely tk for vehicles...
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6682|West Yorkshire, U.K

agent146 wrote:

you like futuristic games?....go ahead but i stick to the past and the present. #W$% THE FUTURE.
velocitychaos
+26|6494|Brisbane Australia
Be a sheep and follow the herd, that way when the wolf comes hunting you may be safe.
Slickfish
+24|6621

Longbow wrote:

Slickfish wrote:

The only good thing about ppl in 2142 is that they rarely tk for vehicles...
That and even the blatant point whore's will squad up and follow orders from time to time for the bonus points.

I've just noticed what seems a generally more mature average of player in 2142, they dont punish for TK everytime, or cry hack if you get a lucky shot in. These players are around in bf2 I know but 2142 has alot more of them.
mikeyb118
Evil Overlord
+76|6596|S.C.

RECONDO67 wrote:

BOYCOTT THAT TURD.
...Do what he said. ^^
sportsman11-2cool4u
We can be those mistakes!
+98|6325|USA Biznatch!
Get it if your into more of those unrealistic games. Ill tell from experiance. I got it for my b-day ya I played it for a good week or so then it got boring and I stopped playing it and uninstalled it. Now it's sitting in my closet collecting dust. IMO I'd stay with BF2 or a whole different game entirely.
Babb Master Flash
Justice for the 96!
+540|6379|Oslo, Norway

Xblade-3o5- wrote:

You have friends?
I have to quote Turbonegro, a great norwegian rock band.

"ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD!!!"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6267
I just have a few things to say.

Do NOT judge the game by the demo. Just don't. EA screwed up with that demo by not allowing any unlocks.

And when people say its like Halo, ignore them. Halo sucks balls, and 2142 is nothing like it. Its like BF2 except with a lot of gameplay changes, which make it worth getting IMO.

I have them both (along with all boosters/expansions for both games), and even though i'm playing BF2 again, i do enjoy a few rounds of 2142 every now and then.

I say: Get it, its good.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard