OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6619|Washington DC

These are the rules for the BF2s US Server:

Things The Will Get You Kicked and/or Banned:
  • Cheating via hacks or glitches/exploits
  • Stat-padding
  • Vehicle camping (idling in a vehicle / not using a vehicle ... often done by a commander)
  • Intentional Teamkilling, such as teamkilling for vehicles
  • Attacking a noncap (main base),  except to destroy fixed assets (Radar, UAV, TOW, AA). 
    • Examples of forbidden actions include using a chopper to attack a noncap, sniping in a noncap, camping in a noncap, or taking armor into a noncap.
    • Choppers may attack noncap AA.
    • You may steal vehicles from a noncap, but get it and get out.  You may enter a noncap as special ops to destroy assets, but destroy them and then get out.
    • You may defend yourself as you are entering and exiting the noncap, but don't camp.
  • Racist language and racist player names
  • Using teamspeak, VOIP, or in-line chat to spam or generate messages that disrupt game-play
Things We Think Make Good Players:
  • Teamplay is highly encouraged
  • Following orders from a commander/squad leader
  • Forgiving for accidental TK's
  • Excessive spawncamping is lame
Comments welcome!!!
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6596|Los Angeles, California, US.
Yay, Rules .
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
raping uncaps?

"Vehicle camping" i guess. Meh, just different wording
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Those are reasonable rules. I approve. (Like my opinion matters or something )

Last edited by King_County_Downy (2006-10-09 09:56:29)

Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

King_County_Downy wrote:

Those are reasonable rules. I approve. (Like my opinion matters or something )
Even if you didn't like them you would be forced to play on it < Sarcasm......\

Rules look good guys, now get and keep the US server going !!!!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
OrangeHound

liquidat0r wrote:

raping uncaps?

"Vehicle camping" i guess. Meh, just different wording
I think these were created by Chuy ... and I'm not really sure what "Vehicle Camping" means (whoring???  ... idling at spawn points waiting for the J-10??????)

But, I think the idea is that "excessive" raping of uncaps is discouraged, but not prohibited.  Perhaps Chuy likes to drop his bombs on an uncap from time to time 
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Hmmm.... just a question but how many maps have 2 uncapables? (one for each side)
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6610|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
nice, good to know that there are finally some more rules.  I suggest posting them in round where the scrolling green rules already are.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6720|Chicago.
Rules look good.
OrangeHound

I've clarified the "Vehicle Camping" issue ... see rules in first post
SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6357|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nice, I hate it when people just sit in armour/vehicles not using them. *seal of approuval*
t2krambo
Banned
+99|6497|Panama
Yeah, thats lame man, People sitting in uncap (especially on Flight Maps), they are with APC or Tank next to your chopper/plane and you will have no chance getting ''Airborne''... Please, don`t do it, It`s something noob....

All the other rules are : OK!

Last edited by t2krambo (2006-11-02 03:48:51)

FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6610|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
is being a commander in armor a kickable offense? I think it should be, especially if there are other people who would like to use the tank/apc
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

FesterTheMolester wrote:

is being a commander in armor a kickable offense? I think it should be, especially if there are other people who would like to use the tank/apc
IMO yes, though I was doing it today when I blew their assets and proceeded to steal their tank, I tried to give it away but no one would take it. :rollseyes:

What ping is kickable? I saw a guy on averaging 250-300, and kicked him, is this a probem?
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6541|Austin , TX
If the commander is doing well commanding, but defending a flag or his assets, would that be an instance where it would be ok to "commandeer" a vehicle? I tend to do that a lot as I command, sitting in an un-cap lookin at that darn commander screen gets very boring, especially when no one else will take the role of leading the team to victory. I'll give up any vehicle i'm in while commanding but half the time no one will take it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85

sursparxalot wrote:

If the commander is doing well commanding, but defending a flag or his assets, would that be an instance where it would be ok to "commandeer" a vehicle? I tend to do that a lot as I command, sitting in an un-cap lookin at that darn commander screen gets very boring, especially when no one else will take the role of leading the team to victory. I'll give up any vehicle i'm in while commanding but half the time no one will take it.
We don't want people taking a valuable asset in command. If the server doesn't have very many people in it and no one is using an uncap tank or APC or something then sure take it, but as you said give it up if someone else wants it. What you are probably doing is fine, just put the team first.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6541|Austin , TX

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

What you are probably doing is fine, just put the team first.
Always My team is how I win not myself
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Why can't one idle in a tank that isn't being used?

1. It gives you e.g armour time
2. It makes sure that someone can't just walk into your base and take your tank.

On the other hand, it may only be done when the vehicle is not being used by your team.
OrangeHound

sursparxalot wrote:

Rules are based upon principles of game-play.  The principle behind this rule is based on a commander who is detrimental to his team by ...
  • Idling in a vehicle:  not using it for its intended purpose and preventing it from being used by other team members (e.g. idling in a tank because he wants to pad his tank time).
  • Not commanding:  that is, the server is relatively full and the commander is not fulfilling his duty as the team's commander, but rather acting as a soldier.

Like all rules, there is a judgment call on the part of the admins to determine whether or not the principle is being violated.  For example, if the server has only 6 people on a 64-player Oman, then the team is really hurt unless the commander is not also fighting in a vehicle or fixed asset ... but (at the other extreme), if the server is full then the commander should be commanding full-time (scanning, giving orders, dropping supplies, etc).

In general, US Server Admins should always follow the rules in a legalistic manner, so as not to be accused of abusing power.
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6541|Austin , TX
Its just they don't want the commander holding an asset that the team could use, perfectly reasonable. They also stated that if no one is using it or wants it its ok to sit in it/ take it. Not really a big deal, I just had to clarify so I didn't feel like a twat for how I was playing last night
T1g3r217
Perpetual
+124|6392|My room
There should be a clear line between a kick and a ban...I've seen servers type out kick/ban, and it always makes me wonder: what makes you get kicked instead of banned and vice versa. Personally, I feel the hacking/glitching and racial slurs should be instant bans, while repeated offenses of other less severe rules should result in bans, whereas first or (maybe) second time offenders should be kicked.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard