weasel_thingo
+74|6322
its good, but for some reason some maps lag and it keeps freezing as im joining or when the round ends and the little 12 yearolds saying "LOL IM GOING TO THRO ROCKS LOL" who then go on to throw rocks as im sniping the other team with my ak and actually starting to play well and then i die from a tk are a little annoying.
but yeah it is good.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6265

(HUN)Rudebwoy wrote:

Right now i say its not that good, because many new players joined PR who did not read manuals or watch videos and act like they are on vBF2. Every 5 minutes someone asks what a shovel can do or say that the medic bag dont work (click to heal), dont know how to request kits (many squadleaders running around without officer kit) etc. It will need a few weeks to get better IMO, but then it'll be awesome.
When i was playing today it was exactly like that.

"Whats the shovel for?"

"How do you use the shovel?"

"This sucks its just run a lot then die, run a lot then die"

And on my team there were quite a few very frustrated people saying:

"CLICK TO HEAL ME YOU ******!" because the medics were just sitting there holding their medi-bags.

and

"STOP SHOOTING THE CIVS ITS LOSING US THE GAME!"

--------

Now i know i'm a complete noob when it comes to PR. I'd never played it before this afternoon. However, I spent all last night reading the manual and a lot of the wiki guides so i knew exactly what to expect and exactly what was going on. And so when i got into the game i did quite well (even as a squad leader) and (apart from one guy in my team i headshotted thinking he was an enemy) didn't hinder my team at all.

Why 90% of the other newcomers couldn't do that i dont know. I was getting as frustrated with them as the PR vets were.
golgoj4
+51|6770|North Hollywood
damn, i've been hearing too much about PR to ignore it...might have to start dl that tonight.
zeidmaan
+234|6410|Vienna

By the time I come back from holidays most people will either learn to play or they will give up.
Some one should make a FAQ sticky so people can ask questions.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6386

41% (had to pause it overnight) and today.
C-J...
+1|6147
How do I request kits in PR?
zeidmaan
+234|6410|Vienna

hold the button you use to set markers as Squad leader, or to request supply drop or artillery..... than select "request kit" and than select the kit you want.

Its covered in the training videos for PR
you can see them here
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64613

Also you should know that there are dozens of rules regarding kit requesting so i really REALLY recommend that you read the guide.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-07-23 08:31:18)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6529|Cardiff
lol ziedmann u got a funky badge thingy next to ur name

c-j there should be 2 shortcuts on your desktop explaining the basics 'essentials' and the wiki link i think?
C-J...
+1|6147

zeidmaan wrote:

hold the button you use to set markers as Squad leader, or to request supply drop or artillery..... than select "request kit" and than select the kit you want.

you can see them here

Also you should know that there are dozens of rules regarding kit requesting so i really REALLY recommend that you read the guide.
Thanks man, viewed them both and I´m glad I did, hehe.. It still seems very confusing, I´m not sure how I´m gonna remember all the rules. Can I really get kicked(banned for basicly being new to the game/mod, and therefore not remembering/knowing all the rules?

Btw, I love the realism in this mod, makes BF2-vanilla look like a childsgame. I love AAO, and this might possibly be that game with vehicles, which would make it awesome.

One hour left ob the download=o)
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6529|Cardiff

C-J... wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

you can see them here

Thanks man, viewed them both and I´m glad I did, hehe.. It still seems very confusing, I´m not sure how I´m gonna remember all the rules. Can I really get kicked(banned for basicly being new to the game/mod, and therefore not remembering/knowing all the rules?

Btw, I love the realism in this mod, makes BF2-vanilla look like a childsgame. I love AAO, and this might possibly be that game with vehicles, which would make it awesome.

i doubt you will get kicked but im sure someone will type 'rtfm' at you if you ask questions lol.

the rules and stuff are pretty easy once u start playing, couple of rounds and u should be ok tbh.
SGT.Mays
+2|6738|Ohio
ok im just going to vent a bit .6 came with an acrobat reader file USE it fuck bags....... god damn ive played it for forever now and ill admit .6 is confussing but god damn THEY TELL U HOW TO PLAY
C-J...
+1|6147

[THE] comben wrote:

C-J... wrote:

zeidmaan wrote:

you can see them here

i doubt you will get kicked but im sure someone will type 'rtfm' at you if you ask questions lol.

the rules and stuff are pretty easy once u start playing, couple of rounds and u should be ok tbh.
Just hope I´ll find a server with people who actually wants to use tactics and play as a team, as opposed to people who are FORCES to play as a team by the rules in the mod.

Can I request any given kit several times in a row after dying, or do I need to get some grunt-work going for a few rounds in between?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6496|so randum
Not as fun as 0.5 was.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6281|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Dammit, my computer is quite literally the suck, so I can hardly move in PR. Time for PoE2.
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6592|Michigan, USA
Im new to the mod, hell reinstalled BF2 jsut for this mod, and was a bit of  a let down.  I enjoy the mod when theres constant close in combat, but walking for 3 minutes just to get hit by something I never saw sucks,  well that and when you get spawn camped, you really get spawn camped, had 2 full/half full tanks camping our only spawn the other night...sucked massively, especially since they were hidden in the trees and couldn't find them the first four deaths.  Im all for massive maps, but I would really appreciate being able to get a kit from a capped flag, not just your main spawn(mabye im missing something)  I do enjoy the realism, and when it gets intense it gets crazy, and killing someone feels incredible.
firebolt5
+114|6151
PR 0.6 is way better than 0.5 ever was.  The mod just keeps getting better after every new version that comes out.
cosworth1983
+21|6481|Enschede / Netherlands
I like the idea of the civ kit,   but it seems if there's 3 or more civs in a game,  the USMC is definitely going to lose because the civs always get shot.
And they don't care about the punish for them and their team.

Greetz

Last edited by cosworth1983 (2007-07-23 10:14:26)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
Is it possible to get this in an incremental form because having to download this all over again is like fail and stuff.
zeidmaan
+234|6410|Vienna

C_J its all in the guide

PRguide wrote:

You can only be granted a limited kit once every 3 minutes. Also, if you switch squads mid-game you must wait 2 minutes before being able to access limited kits (to discourage you from joining a squad just to be able to get a kit).

Kits that were in use return to the request pool again after 30 seconds with a few expections: Sniper, Heavy AT and AA kits take 5 minutes to return! It is therefore extremely important to pick up these strategically important kits from fallen teammates or your team will be lacking them for a long time!
r2zoo its also in the guide

PRguide wrote:

Infantry kits:

* Main base (less than 50m from a flag)
    * Your squad's rally point (except heavy AT and AA)
    * APC's
    * 0.6: Bunkers and firebases
    * Supply crates

Vehicle kits:

* Pilot: Aircraft less than 100m from friendly flag or aircraft that had a pilot for less than one minute
    * Crewman: Tank, APC or mobile AA vehicle less than 100m from friendly flag or at one of these vehicles that had a driver for less than one minute

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Is it possible to get this in an incremental form because having to download this all over again is like fail and stuff.
no incremental

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-07-23 10:51:42)

C-J...
+1|6147
I hate to be a dick, but my first 2 hours playing this mod was a huge let-down. I was very dissapointed.
It was choppy, laggy, praphics were far worse than Vanilla, vehicles handeled pretty badly and I never got the feeling of excitement I do from solid games/mods. There was no heat, intensity or momentum in the game - The character moved in a jerky unrealistic way, even getting through doorways was a hazzle.

On top of this, on the 4 servers I tried, teamplay was at a minimum. I went around fixing people and vehicles up, but when the time came that I needed help, noone cared. As if this wasn´t enough I stumbled upon some real internet-idiots who found pleasure in tk:ing everyone around just for the hell of it, stealing kits I just requested while others popped smoke and flashed in teammates faces and acted like retards in the voice-com.

Damnit... really thought this mod would do it. I love realistic games, that´s why I cant stand BF2 vanilla, but even if the idea of PR is awsome, I´m sorry to say it came up short.

Dare I say, it´s TO realistic, to much realism, that it´s only unrealistic in the wrong way.

I mean.. any educated and fully trained grunt in the army can man the 50 cal on a tank if he had to.

And what´s with the rule that you have to take "flags" in a certain order? A big part of being successful in a war is that you need to be unpredictible. Perhaps Iraq and USA should´ve made the rumes up before the war, the states need to invade Fallujah and Baghdad before they can turn towards Tikrit....sort of?

The mod becomes predictible and boring.

And once again, I dont mean to be a jerk, just giving you my point of view.

Last edited by C-J... (2007-07-23 12:40:38)

firebolt5
+114|6151

C-J... wrote:

I hate to be a dick, but my first 2 hours playing this mod was a huge let-down. I was very dissapointed.
It was choppy, laggy, praphics were far worse than Vanilla, vehicles handeled pretty badly and I never got the feeling of excitement I do from solid games/mods. There was no heat, intensity or momentum in the game - The character moved in a jerky unrealistic way, even getting through doorways was a hazzle.
Must be your computer, most mods in particular PR needs better hardware specs than vBF2.

C-J... wrote:

On top of this, on the 4 servers I tried, teamplay was at a minimum. I went around fixing people and vehicles up, but when the time came that I needed help, noone cared. As if this wasn´t enough I stumbled upon some real internet-idiots who found pleasure in tk:ing everyone around just for the hell of it, stealing kits I just requested while others popped smoke and flashed in teammates faces and acted like retards in the voice-com.
That must be the new players playing the mod.  Give it some time until the new players either quit the mod or get used to it and get better at it.  Join good squad leaders that have a microphone and you should be fine.

C-J... wrote:

And what´s with the rule that you have to take "flags" in a certain order? A big part of being successful in a war is that you need to be unpredictible. Perhaps Iraq and USA should´ve made the rumes up before the war, the states need to invade Fallujah and Baghdad before they can turn towards Tikrit....sort of?
AASv2 is way better than conquest mod in vBF2.  Flag hopping is the biggest reason why vBF2's gameply is horrible.  I just cant' stand conquest mode anymore.

Last edited by firebolt5 (2007-07-23 14:25:54)

zeidmaan
+234|6410|Vienna

C-J give it more time. What Firebolt said, it takes time after new release for people to learn the game.
Also post your specs and settings and we will tell you why you graphics look so bad and why its jerky (because its not supposed to be like that).

And give some more though about realism of assault lines and its impact on gameplay. Were you bothered in vBF2 about the fact that on big maps flags can change ownership 20 times in one round? Or that on some maps you were supposed to defend 8 flags at the same time with maximum of 32 players?
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6592|Michigan, USA

PRguide wrote:

Infantry kits:

* Your squad's rally point (except heavy AT and AA)
    * APC's
    * 0.6: Bunkers and firebases
    * Supply crates

Vehicle kits:

* Pilot: Aircraft less than 100m from friendly flag or aircraft that had a pilot for less than one minute
    * Crewman: Tank, APC or mobile AA vehicle less than 100m from friendly flag or at one of these vehicles that had a driver for less than one minute
Well that makes sense, because I never saw a supply crate or the bunkers/firebases built in any game I was in, and generally when I was near an APC I was driving it
Zukabazuka
+23|6681
Not so happy about that MEC team get the G3 weapon and the riflekit get a scope equal a sniper. So on all city map it sucks to go from one flag to another because your shitty M16 has a huge iron sight and doesn't give a good aim at the enemy. Then ofcourse they can hide where they want and they are pretty hard to se. Some maps are just to huge and vechiles that can transport people should spawn a bit faster. Then respawning can be pain in the ass, they say to be careful but with all the APC tanks and grenades in the game its really hard to survive and then ofcourse you die really easy to.
Longbow
+163|6642|Odessa, Ukraine

Zukabazuka wrote:

Some maps are just to huge and vechiles that can transport people should spawn a bit faster. Then respawning can be pain in the ass, they say to be careful but with all the APC tanks and grenades in the game its really hard to survive and then ofcourse you die really easy to.
Yeah , I agree - not that I die too fast - but those huge maps with vehicles are just a complete failure . PR was wonderful when all maps where infantry based . Now they did a wrong step with all those Kashan Deserts , Al Kufrah , Zatar Wetlands and some others .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard