dakota1126
+1|6166
I just started a new server and need traffic. If you're clan would like to play the ip is = 66.135.46.185:16570
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6747|the middle of nowhere
Info? Map/settings/IO/etc...

Last edited by Darkhelmet (2007-06-06 20:26:18)

dakota1126
+1|6166
It's mainly flying maps. 15 rounds per map. Wake, Daging, Dalian,Strike,Gulf of Oman,Dragon Valley
cyb46555
See U TV U
+2|6517|Indiana

dakota1126 wrote:

It's mainly flying maps. 15 rounds per map. Wake, Daging, Dalian,Strike,Gulf of Oman,Dragon Valley
15 rounds per map??? That would take like 3 days to get through each map. :-0
dakota1126
+1|6166
What do you suggest? This is my first server, so I do not know what to set things at.
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6483|Melbourne

Start with IO, 3 rounds a map Karkand, Sharqi & Mashy.  That should draw players.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6443|Chicago, IL

R3v4n wrote:

Start with IO, 3 rounds a map Karkand, Sharqi & Mashy.  That should draw players.
If i see one more I/O karkand, im gonna puke, these noobs are just here for the stats, ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!!

Have some fun, don't spend 500 hours of your life trying to earn a SPM of 4.98, since nobody cares anyway
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6646|Washington DC

dakota1126 wrote:

What do you suggest? This is my first server, so I do not know what to set things at.
Just curious, but why are you leasing (I assume) a server when you have no one to play on it, or no agenda?  (perhaps you've always wanted to run a server).

To answer your question, you might start it out as a 24/7 map ... I know of at least one person who keeps hoping someone will start a 24/7 Songhua server.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6754|06-01

R3v4n wrote:

sounds like GA2..

skip karkand and sharqi (lots of other servers offer those)
put in songhua, mashtuur, fushe and if possible great wall...
so its a fair mix of nice maps
just my opinion, of course...
R3v4n
+433|6483|Melbourne

If you run an IO server with out karkand you are going to have the hardest time ever populating it as 90% of the bf2 community bum the map.

And been different to others on a new server wont get it populated either.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6476|Somewhere else

S.Lythberg wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

If i see one more I/O karkand, im gonna puke
IO, kark, sharqi and mash MAY attract players, they are favorable maps, provided that you beat out the other 300 servers that offer the same damn thing.

IO is nade spam, point whore, aimbot whores IMO.

Want to try something cool?

NO Infantry only, 4 rounds per map rotation, switch teams after every round, Friendly Fire off, Unlocks ON,  kick/mutiny vote ON,

and...

the Maps

Sharqi
Dragon Valley
Mashtuur
Fu She
Jalalabad

In that order

Thats a damn good balanced map rotation.  If you don't like the map you're on, next  couple of rounds will have a map you LOVE.  plus, it alternates between Large maps to close quarters.

So, you get tired of the long drives or the planes?  next map doesnt have either.   Its a good mix!

EDIT: it also leaves out booster maps and SF.  I love booster and SF maps, but leaving those out guarantees the largest amount of players, yet is unique enough to attract a crowd sick of the IO karkand dulldrums.

Call it Shar/DValy/Mash/Fu/Jal  so when the server list pops up, anyone who sees that map list will HAVE to be interested.  I promise!

2nd EDIT:  Wake might work after Jalalabad.......

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2007-06-06 22:06:49)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6443|Chicago, IL
FF off?

Coward
RoosterCantrell
+399|6476|Somewhere else

S.Lythberg wrote:

FF off?

Coward
its about attracting players.... 
R3v4n
+433|6483|Melbourne

RoosterCantrell wrote:

To bad thats just about the whole BF2 community

Remember people are afraid of new things.

If you dont want io try this rotation:

Gulf, Kark, Wake.

Should draw alot of players.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6476|Somewhere else

R3v4n wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

To bad thats just about the whole BF2 community

Remember people are afraid of new things.

If you dont want io try this rotation:

Gulf, Kark, Wake.

Should draw alot of players.
thats pretty sweet too.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California
If you want to attract clans, put CAL & TWL Maps
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6443|Chicago, IL

RoosterCantrell wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

FF off?

Coward
its about attracting players.... 
Shitty players...
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6635|Montreal, Qc, Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

If i see one more I/O karkand, im gonna puke, these noobs are just here for the stats, ITS A GAME PEOPLE!!!

Have some fun, don't spend 500 hours of your life trying to earn a SPM of 4.98, since nobody cares anyway
Stats are life !!! dont you know that
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6324

RoosterCantrell wrote:

the Maps

Sharqi
Dragon Valley
Mashtuur
Fu She
Jalalabad

In that order

Thats a damn good balanced map rotation.  If you don't like the map you're on, next  couple of rounds will have a map you LOVE.  plus, it alternates between Large maps to close quarters.
I would have to say this is a pretty good idea for rotation. The server name should be something shorter and more concise. It should reflect what the maps will be having on it. For example: "Air/Armor/Urban Maps - 3 Rounds Each" I like the sound of this better. 

I would avoid FuShe or Dragon Valley togeather though. Only do one in the rotation. My vote would go for Zatar Wetlands or Gulf of Oman for air maps instead. These maps are both easier for the ground units to get around on then Dragon of Fushe while still having the jets. (And, no J10 n0ubs)

So in conclusion:

Sharqi
Oman
Mashtuur
Zatar
Jablahblahbad
Songua
Good ol' Karkand

Done deal!
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
RoosterCantrell
+399|6476|Somewhere else

Im_Dooomed wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

the Maps

Sharqi
Dragon Valley
Mashtuur
Fu She
Jalalabad

In that order

I would have to say this is a pretty good idea for rotation. The server name should be something shorter and more concise. It should reflect what the maps will be having on it. For example: "Air/Armor/Urban Maps - 3 Rounds Each" I like the sound of this better. 

I would avoid FuShe or Dragon Valley togeather though. Only do one in the rotation. My vote would go for Zatar Wetlands or Gulf of Oman for air maps instead. These maps are both easier for the ground units to get around on then Dragon of Fushe while still having the jets. (And, no J10 n0ubs)

So in conclusion:

Sharqi
Oman
Mashtuur
Zatar
Jablahblahbad
Songua
Good ol' Karkand

Done deal!
Hmm not bad!
hellsthunder
+0|6157
RoosterCantrell wrote:
the Maps

Sharqi
Dragon Valley
Mashtuur
Fu She
Jalalabad

In that order

This is a great idea for map rotations but i do agree keep FF on otherwise it just becomes a nade chucking fest
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6765|Human Meat Shield
FU She?! ROFL. Who in the hell plays Fu She? Oh .. wait.. planewhores.. I'd prefer Dragon Valley, Oman, Mashtuur, Sharqi, Tampa. Eff the rest.
Unreal_Gunner
Banned
+11|6127

S.Lythberg wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

LOL _1_Man_Army.17 owns those noobs^ with #1 SPM! hahaha well.. #1 besides the hacker in the #1 slot

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard