Revelation_Space
+3|6278
Yesterday I was playing on Mashtuur. I was at the Power Plant flag, capping it with my squad mate. I had my back up against the fence (right in the corner, away from the entrances), when I saw a black flash go past my vision, from top to bottom. 'Wtf, that looked like C4... nah, couldn't have been'. BOOM. 2 C4 kills.

Later on, the same thing happened again at a different flag, and my brother (who was my squad mate) says he saw a player throwing C4 over walls etc.

Now, being able to throw C4 over fences, off roofs onto tanks etc was one of the abilities that made the Spec-Ops class worth playing back in the day. If you try to throw C4 off a roof onto a tank now, it's going to land at your feet, no matter how you try it. I wasn't one of those tools who used to use it as a primary weapon, throwing it at every enemy they saw (I'm assuming they're the reason it got nerfed in the first place).

Anyway, I'm now wondering, is there some secret way to still throw the C4, because I tried everything I could think of after that ability was removed, and I never came up with anything.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast

wtf 
this 1.41?
maybe some sort of hack

Last edited by henno13 (2007-07-20 04:21:47)

TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6650|can
Yes you can.
Revelation_Space
+3|6278

henno13 wrote:

wtf 
this 1.41?
maybe some sort of hack
Yup, 1.41

Could've been a hack I suppose. Strange hack to choose if you're willing to cheat I thought.

TrashBlinD wrote:

Yes you can.
How?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6657|Norway
Click mouse button -> jump.
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6344
It's not hard... you just have to time it right, clicking the button to throw it about a milli second before you press jump. It takes some practice, but it works.

I've done it exactly how you explained- people capping Power Plant on Mashtuur, I lobbed a C4 over and boom they were dead. Useful as all enterances were claymored. This was in 1.41.

Basically, it's the same as jumping and lobbing nades to make them go further. But with C4.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6531|the Netherlands

Fredrik wrote:

yep
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6471|A W S M F O X
Yep, jump+ throw, easy.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6629|Gold coast, Aus.
You can still do it, just the same method as 1.3 C4 chucking, you just can't throw it as far. Only over small objects really.
Revelation_Space
+3|6278
Well, I just tried it, and you're right it can be done.

I can't believe that yesterday was the first time since 1.3 that I've seen someone doing it.

Thanks very much for the enlightenment.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6278
Wow so you can .

Going to completely change how i look at the spec ops kit.

Before this thread i thought it had become pretty crap. But now i know different.

Edit: I wonder if it works with AT mines too. *goes to check*

Edit: No, i dont think you can.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2007-07-20 05:30:38)

Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6310
With macros anything is possible.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
Wow, i didnt know about that, how far can you throw a pack of c4?
FlemishHCmaniac
+147|6420|Belgium
Not very far, but the fact that you can jump throw it allows you to get it over fences. Always fun around the Mosque area on Jalalabad. If the Mec are down to that flag and their two tanks are fiercely camping it from the inside. Lob a few C4s over the fence, easy kills

BTW, I'm surprised so many of you didn't know this...
psH
Banned
+217|6391|Sydney

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

Over one of the aluminium fences that are on karkand...and well i think every map in the game.
Revelation_Space
+3|6278

You can throw it up to where the first flag on Karkand is from the ground, which is a decent height.

Basically it's the same as it used to be, but without the added height of throwing it from the top of a jump.

Distance wise it isn't that far, maybe 6 feet or so?

Last edited by Revelation_Space (2007-07-20 05:41:57)

~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6330|Orrstrayleea
Wow.....I need to try this
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6539
Its still somewhat possible thats how I got my expert explosives. However you may encounter a bug that if you try to detonate too quickly instead of detonating it will drop another one.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6156|San Antonio, Texas

Revelation_Space wrote:

You can throw it up to where the first flag on Karkand is from the ground, which is a decent height.

Basically it's the same as it used to be, but without the added height of throwing it from the top of a jump.

Distance wise it isn't that far, maybe 6 feet or so?
Whilst playing Tampa, I was on one of the Gas Station's roofs. I saw an AT climbing the ladder to my roof, so I sprinted to the guy, C4 in hand, he wa already at the top nearly, so I was in the middle of the roof. Left click, C4 on landing right where the ladder is, the guy prones it, right click. Poor sap had no chance. Hopefully I caught it on tape with BattleRecorder.
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6237|NSW, Australia

Bull3t wrote:

can macros go get me a beer?
1s1k_hellspawn
+5|6208|in the woods of maine

Nappy wrote:

Bull3t wrote:

can macros go get me a beer?
if it can make it 2
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6356|Belfast
nice
i take that hack thing back

EXPLOSIVES BADGES HERE I COME
Icleos
+101|6750
Where the F*ck have you been!?
It was never fixed same for dolphin diving.  Both just require more skill to do it.
Double tap prown in the air and you can dolphin dive.
Prown to crouch doesn't have a time delay.  Only from Prown to Stand.
Jump and throw at the same time can be done with C4, same with the instant detonation trick.

Last edited by Icleos (2007-07-20 08:06:57)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6629|Gold coast, Aus.
Guys, before getting all excited, the throw distance is completely useless now... It lands so close to your feet that it still takes more then half health off most of the time.... Its only useful for getting extra height over walls ect.
Adamshannon8
+94|6193

Tjasso wrote:

Fredrik wrote:

yep
100% true

i did it yesterday.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard