Bill Clinton8%8% - 10
George W. Bush42%42% - 49
Total: 114
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

CommieChipmunk wrote:

LBJ.

The fucker escalated the Vietnam War right after Kennedy was murdered.  Convenient how Kennedy was trying to pull out and no one liked it so he got assassinated.

Bush isn't too far behind though
C'mon everybody knows that Kennedy was killed because of his restraint in Cuba. The CIA had set him up with a planned failure, "The Bay of Bigs", hoping to force his hand into full military action in Cuba....thus leading to confrontation with the Soviets (since they would have inevitably taken Berlin in response). Sheesh why do we even have a Freedom of Information act, read the declassified documents

Signed, Art Bell
Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6650
Hillary Clinton
mafropetee
+18|6150|Altamonte Springs, FL
shit... i slected clinton without reading what this was about... clinton was (at least one of) the best IMO. w. bush is definately the worst IMO.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6656|Washington DC

mafropetee wrote:

shit... i slected clinton without reading what this was about... clinton was (at least one of) the best IMO. w. bush is definately the worst IMO.
Ahhhh youth and inexperience ... every President anymore is the "worst" while they are in office (I remember everyone thinking that of Clinton, and he has emerged in just a few years to get a sub-mediocre status).  In the end, Clinton will be an above average President.  Bush?  Too early to tell.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6462|The edge of sanity
WTF wheres woodrow wilson? or taft? or hoover?
those guys sucked supremly
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

Toss up between Nixon and Carter. Nixon because his buffoonery led to the inherent distrust the media has of anyone in the Republican Party and thus our ridiculously slanted media coverage in this country (can't speak for elsewhere). Carter because his foreign policy failures and appeasement (mentioned earlier) has come home to roost in Al-Qaeda, Iran, and other Islamic fundamentalism (Wahhabism).

Dubya's biggest fault is loyalty. He has remained loyal to those around him--those who got him to the Presidency. They are a bunch of flaming morons who have bent this country over and buttsexed us to the point where we are now. Dubya is too loyal to them to clean house and bring in some competent advisors. Meanwhile, we get the kind of BS that's in these forums about how America is evil, overbearing, blah blah blah. America isn't...our unelected officials (political appointees) are.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States
Andrew Johnson, he basically did shit after the civil war and was an ineffective president.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

Masterstyle wrote:

Andrew Johnson, he basically did shit after the civil war and was an ineffective president.
Agreed, but we're talking about the last 10 presidents, nothing more.
eMarine
Gorgonnash PVP
+119|6850|Sacramento, Cal
LBJ. Vietnam=fail
Bush=ubar fail
Master*
Banned
+416|6501|United States

Turquoise wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

Oh then I would say Reagan, his "peace through strength" approach to the Cold War killed the Détente that was present between the US and the Soviets since the Cuban missile crisis and would of made things worse if the Soviet Union didn't collapse in 1990.

Also he created a massive national debt by overspending on military, his Star Wars program for intercepting Nuclear Missiles was a waste.
Turquoise
O Canada

Masterstyle wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

Oh then I would say Reagan, his "peace through strength" approach to the Cold War killed the Détente that was present between the US and the Soviets since the Cuban missile crisis and would of made things worse if the Soviet Union didn't collapse in 1990.

Also he created a massive national debt by overspending on military, his Star Wars program for intercepting Nuclear Missiles was a waste.
I never cared for Reagan either, but I wouldn't say he was the worst of the last 10.  If we ranked all presidents we've had, I'd put him closer to the bottom than the top, but sadly, we've had a lot of really shitty presidents.  Even in recent history, I can think of quite a few worse than Reagan.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Wow Reagan Bashers.
Whats worse, increasing defense spending or going to Nuclear War? He showed strength and resolve in the face of an intense standoff with the Soviets. Had a lesser President been in office cold would have went to hot. Also, people are quick to forget the significance Reagan had in reducing arms and nuclear proliferation. Given the current state of the world I would have figured more people would have noted that.

RONALD REAGAN wrote:

But through it all, the alliance held firm. And I invite those who protested then-- I invite those who protest today--to mark this fact: Because we remained strong, the Soviets came back to the table. And because we remained strong, today we have within reach the possibility, not merely of limiting the growth of arms, but of eliminating, for the first time, an entire class of nuclear weapons from the face of the earth.

His negotiations with Gorbachev brought a peaceful end to the cold war.

Say what you will about the man but I guarantee you avoiding Armageddon trumps it. Peace through strength.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6774
George W Bush - Way out of his depth as a president. Too focused on international policy and not enough on his own people.
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmarion wrote:

Wow Reagan Bashers.
Whats worse, increasing defense spending or going to Nuclear War? He showed strength and resolve in the face of an intense standoff with the Soviets. Had a lesser President been in office cold would have went to hot. Also, people are quick to forget the significance Reagan had in reducing arms and nuclear proliferation. Given the current state of the world I would have figured more people would have noted that.

RONALD REAGAN wrote:

But through it all, the alliance held firm. And I invite those who protested then-- I invite those who protest today--to mark this fact: Because we remained strong, the Soviets came back to the table. And because we remained strong, today we have within reach the possibility, not merely of limiting the growth of arms, but of eliminating, for the first time, an entire class of nuclear weapons from the face of the earth.

His negotiations with Gorbachev brought a peaceful end to the cold war.

Say what you will about the man but I guarantee you avoiding Armageddon trumps it. Peace through strength.
My beefs with Reagan were mostly economic.  He did manage to get the economy going again, but he did it with a flair for the rich, not the working class.  He basically started a new economic trend that is wildly popular among the corporate powers that be, but it leaves much to be desired in terms of wealth disparity.

He also helped set in motion an economy where most industries are dominated by corporations and small businesses barely survive.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Carter.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6764|Argentina
Ok, I don't think it's fair voting for Carter.  He did good things in foreign policy and he cared about people.  Maybe he was at the office at the wrong time, I mean the Iran hostages situation did not help him at all.  I think it's a close race between GWB, LBJ and Nixon.  But if I have to pick one, Dubya is the winner.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6189|Ireland

CameronPoe wrote:

George W. Bush - managed to turn a global sea of sympathy into a massive mountain of global anger, distrust, derision and resentment.
Not his fault that the Europeans were addicted to Oil contracts in Iraq.  And that is all America could ever expect from Europe, sympathy.  The Europeans are pretty damn useless, I cite WW1, WW2, and the Cold war as my evidence. 

But hey, what do I know, I am just another Irishman commenting on a US president.
GATOR591957
+84|6633

m3thod wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

George W. Bush - managed to turn a global sea of sympathy into a massive mountain of global anger, distrust, derision and resentment.
True, but I'd still rank them as follows:

Worst - Nixon
2. LBJ
3. Dubya
4. Carter
5. Ford
6. Reagan
7. Kennedy
8. George H. W. Bush
9. Clinton
Best - Eisenhower

Iraq has been bad, but Vietnam was even worse.
Nixon cos he lied?
LBJ cos of vietnam?
Funny, you think GW hasn't lied to you?  How was Vietnam worse than Iraq.
Nintendogamer
+72|6593|Chelmsford, UK
Bush, he is incredibly thick, embarreses himself at every conference/meeting etc.
he has his own word in the dictionary for chrissakes, "bushism".
he has music CDs about him (rock against Bush Vol 1+2)
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6417|'Murka

How can anyone bash Reagan's economic policy? It was his policy, executed through Alan Greenspan (remember that guy?), that has made the American economy what it is today...pulled from the ashes of the Ford/Carter recession.

It will be a while before we can fully judge how Dubya has done as President. Right now, doesn't look so hot, but then again, neither did Reagan. It takes years for a lot of these policies to be noticeable/fully effective, for good (Reagan) or bad (Carter...see my earlier post).

The thing we have to remember when passing our oh so well-informed judgment here is this: The right thing is not always popular and the popular thing is not always right.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6669|USA
Out of that list if you chose Bill Clinton your either under 16 or legally retarded.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6835|Grapevine, TX

lowing wrote:

Jimmy Carter is the worst, He marks the beginning of the pussification of America and the modern liberal appeasement movement.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6691|United States of America

GATOR591957 wrote:

How was Vietnam worse than Iraq.
About 55,000 more deaths worse.
Turquoise
O Canada

DesertFox- wrote:

GATOR591957 wrote:

How was Vietnam worse than Iraq.
About 55,000 more deaths worse.
Yep...
Turquoise
O Canada

FEOS wrote:

How can anyone bash Reagan's economic policy? It was his policy, executed through Alan Greenspan (remember that guy?), that has made the American economy what it is today...pulled from the ashes of the Ford/Carter recession.
The initial changes were good, but wealth disparity multiplied.  The economy we have today is very plutocratic.

FEOS wrote:

It will be a while before we can fully judge how Dubya has done as President. Right now, doesn't look so hot, but then again, neither did Reagan. It takes years for a lot of these policies to be noticeable/fully effective, for good (Reagan) or bad (Carter...see my earlier post).
I agree with the principle you're saying, but Reagan never looked as bad as Bush.  He screwed some things up for sure, but Bush's messes are bad enough to draw comparisons with LBJ and Nixon.  I think Bush's handling of Afghanistan will be remembered fondly, but everything from the invasion of Iraq onward looks pretty grim.

FEOS wrote:

The thing we have to remember when passing our oh so well-informed judgment here is this: The right thing is not always popular and the popular thing is not always right.
Agreed.... Truman lived by that principle quite consistently.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard