M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6223|Escea

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

^^^ I remember Gary was moving toward with his SAW, array of bullets and I'm dead. He didn't scope or prone, just walked and killed me.

Must be some aura he has.
Its my uber h4x . I do sometimes wish that the BF2 SAW sounded like the PR SAW, god that thing sounds awesome . But practice with it against really hard bots and you'll learn how to use it effectively.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-07-15 06:36:00)

David.P
Banned
+649|6274

fatherted13 wrote:

Right, lets go through where you're wrong.
M249 Saw = The best LMG, IMHO. It spits out so much lead, accuracy really doesn't matter, just fire in short bursts
M16, Control the recoil, and fire the burst into the head, problem solved
M24, Joint best SR in the game, Accurate, not so loud
Remington, Shouldn't be outclassed by a Saiga, if you have a clue how to use the shotgun.
Mp5- actualy quite accurate, use that to your advantage
Humvee-Not as roll happy as the other 2
F35-Most stable bombing platform makes for easy bomb kills, and at stratorun, is the fastest jet in the game.
Abrams- Has the clearest HUD imho
Blackhawk-Easily the best transport helo in vanilla
Cobra-Easily the best chopper in a chopper v chopper situation, and a good gunner can be just as deadly against troops, as a mi28 can be.

Just control your fire
1. Saw is great at cqc anything over 30m it goes everywhere even on short bursts.
2. M16 does'nt recoil that much and i'm not thinking about the head when he's 5m away from me with his ak47 pointing in my direction.
3. I know it's the most accurate but fuck damn sometimes a semi auto would be better in cqc.
4. Listen at 10m and up it takes 2 shots from the m11-87 to kill an armored target, At the same range it takes 3 saiga shells.
5. It maybe accurate to some extent but most of the shots i take are at 15m any other smg(excluding pp-19) can tear me up.
6. Ya but it only takes one under barrel grenade to bring it to smoking where as the vodnik just goes into the red.
7. Yeah but it's fucken hitbox gets really annoying in jet vs jet combat.
8. Hud is good? Really then tell me why when i'm in a t-90 and i shoot better under the turret?
9. It's miniguns still rock but after the nerf they are not as good to use against apc's.
10. Thats "If" you have a good gunner in most situations anyone will jump in and start shooting everywhere in all directions. I cant tell you how many times i've shot down a cobra with ease because of the pilots cockiness.

Controlling your fire is not easy when your face to face with a guy who has a better weapon then you.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

Blehm98 wrote:

David.Podedworny wrote:

Ok so i know the M16 has that 20% damage loss per shot for each pull of the trigger(Hence why you need 3 bursts to kill an armored target)
is that a joke or something?
Yeah, that's the bit where I first got lost. Like, huh???

David.Podedworny wrote:

We have a bolt action sniper rifle instead of a semi-auto like the other 2 armies...
M24 is arguably the best gun in the game, certainly right up there with the L96A1 as the premier sniper rifle in BF2.

Especially now after playing so much SF the M24 would be my gun of choice nearly always if I could pick it as an unlock. Except for certain kinds of difficult or extreme-range shooting where the L96A1 has an edge due to its scope they're so close that it makes nearly no difference which one you're carrying; you put the right player behind it and they'll shoot equally well (quite literally).

The bolt-action v. semi-auto debate will never died down, each of them has its strengths (and weaknesses) and each has its adherents. Bottom line though is that it's the user that makes a gun shine; it's plenty easy to suck even using a great gun like the AK-101, the G36E or the Type 88.

David.Podedworny wrote:

(Where's my M14 EA?)
Screw that, where's the M82? Semi-auto .50 FTW!
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6152|Some Pub in Valletta
The balance is good.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

David.Podedworny wrote:

2. M16 does'nt recoil that much and i'm not thinking about the head when he's 5m away from me with his ak47 pointing in my direction.
And yet what does your "From:" box say?

Ironical!

David.Podedworny wrote:

4. Listen at 10m and up it takes 2 shots from the m11-87 to kill an armored target, At the same range it takes 3 saiga shells.
Bunnyhopping solves all. Besides, fast reflexes > S12K.

David.Podedworny wrote:

5. It maybe accurate to some extent but most of the shots i take are at 15m any other smg(excluding pp-19) can tear me up.
Single-shot solves all accuracy problems. Besides, that's why you have the SRAW.

David.Podedworny wrote:

6. Ya but it only takes one under barrel grenade to bring it to smoking where as the vodnik just goes into the red.
Smoking is better than red, I hope you know.

David.Podedworny wrote:

8. Hud is good? Really then tell me why when i'm in a t-90 and i shoot better under the turret?
Because the M1's HUD has the dot in the center. Also, everyone favors different things.

David.Podeworny wrote:

9. It's miniguns still rock but after the nerf they are not as good to use against apc's.
It still works against them.

David.Podedworny wrote:

10. Thats "If" you have a good gunner in most situations anyone will jump in and start shooting everywhere in all directions. I cant tell you how many times i've shot down a cobra with ease because of the pilots cockiness.
So? With practice, everyone can be a good gunner. It's just that usually, some people tell them to get out, not giving them a chance to learn the ropes. And don't say practice on singleplayer, because those pilots don't do anything for you.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Controlling your fire is not easy when your face to face with a guy who has a better weapon then you.
With the SAW, you don't have to control your fire when you come face to face with a guy (just ask fatherted and how he ripped me [and Orangehound] a new asshole when I [and Orangehound!] charged him with shock paddles). Actually, I find the SAW better scoped, but, to each his own.

With the M16, just keep clicking. If you're at close enough range, the deviation and "20% less damage" doesn't mean anything, really. Chance are, one of the shot will hit the head, anyway.

With the M24, you shouldn't be rushing down halls alone anyway. Just stay back and cover your squad if covering fire is that important.

With the M11-87, just make sure that you aim for the torso. Don't forget to bunnyhop!

With the MP5, only let loose on full auto at short or very-short ranges. Single-shot for medium, and (if you're feeling ballsy) long-range. Otherwise, save the SRAW for long range engagements.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6366
Basically, the USMC has guns that are a little harder to master/use. Once you do, they are pretty good.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6366

David.Podedworny wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

M249 Saw = The best LMG, IMHO. It spits out so much lead, accuracy really doesn't matter, just fire in short bursts
Remington, Shouldn't be outclassed by a Saiga, if you have a clue how to use the shotgun.
F35-Most stable bombing platform makes for easy bomb kills, and at stratorun, is the fastest jet in the game.
Cobra-Easily the best chopper in a chopper v chopper situation, and a good gunner can be just as deadly against troops, as a mi28 can be.

Just control your fire
1. Saw is great at cqc anything over 30m it goes everywhere even on short bursts.
3. I know it's the most accurate but fuck damn sometimes a semi auto would be better in cqc.

Controlling your fire is not easy when you are as bad as you.
Arnie_Ze_Austrian
+55|6142
All of the disadvantages are insignificant compared to the F-35B problems.  I've never liked the M16, though.  I generally use the stock MEC/PLA medic guns and unlocks when USMC.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Controlling your fire is not easy when you are as bad as you.
Bad? Really? Have you ever played with me? Have you ever taken down 5 enemy snipers on convoy with G3 headshots? Have you ever blown a blackhawk out of the sky with a GP-30? Or have you ever taken out 3 guys with the g36k's 3 round burst as they were capping upper north? I'm alot better then I sound i like to use things noone else uses, Why do you think Assault is my most used kit? F2000 and G3 are my favorite guns and least used by almost everyone.

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Check the wiki.

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Even i think that would ruin the game.

@Snake I'm talking about vanilla, I rarely play vanilla anyways since PR is better, And when I do play regular BF2 it's most of the time it's SF since it is more balanced.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6366
Um, ok so you use unlocks. Gj there captain. But if you cant take down someone with an m16 in less than 3 bursts, theres a problem and its not the game.
RECONDO67
+60|6637|miami FL
why EA thinks with their butt?

Tampa map has way too much space and no helos and the fighters are not needed I want to continue but who gives a damn
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Um, ok so you use unlocks. Gj there captain. But if you cant take down someone with an m16 in less than 3 bursts, theres a problem and its not the game.
Did you even read the wiki? Ok look 20% damage per every shot fired in succession at the pull of the trigger. So lets do the math.

30/5=6|30-6=24
24/5=4.8|24-4.8=19.2
30+24+19.2= 73.2

Soft target health= 100
Hard target health= 150

Do the math. It will take 3 bursts from the m16 to take down a hard target, And 2 to take down a soft target.

The g36e does'nt suffer from the damage penalty thats why it is so much better then the m16.

Thats why in a close quarter combat situation the g36e will win most of them unless the other guy shoots first with his burst weapon.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
M16 is a little underpowered but still a totally useable gun imo.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

David.Podedworny wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

Just control your fire

1.Right, again, you're wrong. The Saw is as accurate as you use it, ie pray and spray at long range, and you will fail. Again, ask cowami, the saw is a beast in the hands of someone who knows how to USE it.
2.Well start to think about going for his head, otherwise you will keep dying.
3.A true SR wouldn't be used in CQC, get over it. If you wana play like that, use a SAW
4.Pop and hop.
5.If you're aware of your surroundings, a pp19 should be no match for you. Or play it cheap, use the SRAW
6.No
7.Learn how to play with its weaknesses, you cant act like a j10, so dont fly like one.
8.Because you suck
9.Its a Blackhawk.It used to be kickass, but now its just the easiest transport helo in the game, dont go on the offensive with it, thats what a Cobras for
10. Same shit can apply to any chopper, just because your gunner may suck, you shouldnt have to. The cobra has the tightest firing pattern of all the AH's, so makes it the best for pilot>pilot engagements.

No weapon is better than anyother, in the hands of a noob, a AK101 becomes useless.In the hands of a pro, even the PP19 can be devastating.

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-07-15 09:25:59)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
JetSniper
R.I.P [EPIC]Pfcguinn
+113|6337
saw is good, only in short burst

m16 works SOME times

m4 is one of the best guns in the game (stock guns)

m4 is one of my fav sniper rifles (except sometimes it doesnt hit for no reason)

shot gun is the best

mp5... works some times.

i really think all the weapons go threw a cycle of working.

one night the m16 can kill ppl with 1 - 2 burst the next night a full clip into the guy and he can kill me with a pistol lol
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

David.Podedworny wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Check the wiki.
Uh, dude, I've gone through the data more times than I care to remember, like here, and nowhere did I see a mention of damage going down with successive shots. Nowhere.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Do the math. It will take 3 bursts from the m16 to take down a hard target, And 2 to take down a soft target.
LOL

As I thought, you're looking at one of the figures and thinking it's something it's not buddy. Two bullets is enough to kill anyone if they're headshots, two bursts to kill any class... see last column: 6 shots to kill armoured, 4 for non-armoured.

This is assuming all bullets hit and register of course.

David.Podedworny wrote:

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Even i think that would ruin the game.
LOL

One of Barrett's semi-autos was originally intended to be included.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Basically, the USMC has guns that are a little harder to master/use. Once you do, they are pretty good.
Except for the M24, which is simplicity itself to use well, even without knowing the game's mechanics in detail.

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Um, ok so you use unlocks. Gj there captain.
Oh please not another 'unlocks are for noobs' comment

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

But if you cant take down someone with an m16 in less than 3 bursts, theres a problem and its not the game.
Yeah, hit detection and packet loss I once unloaded a PKM until it cut out due to heat and didn't kill the guy I was aiming at; this was at about 1.5m so don't tell me I missed, I 'missed'.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

fatherted13 wrote:

1.Right, again, you're wrong. The Saw is as accurate as you use it, ie pray and spray at long range, and you will fail. Again, ask cowami, the saw is a beast in the hands of someone who knows how to USE it.
3.A true SR wouldn't be used in CQC, get over it. If you wana play like that, use a SAW
4.Pop and hop.
5.If you're aware of your surroundings, a pp19 should be no match for you. Or play it cheap, use the SRAW
6.No
7.Learn how to play with its weaknesses, you cant act like a j10, so dont fly like one.
8.Because you suck
9.Its a Blackhawk.It used to be kickass, but now its just the easiest transport helo in the game, dont go on the offensive with it, thats what a Cobras for
10. Same shit can apply to any chopper, just because your gunner may suck, you shouldnt have to. The cobra has the tightest firing pattern of all the AH's, so makes it the best for pilot>pilot engagements.

No weapon is better than anyother, in the hands of a noob, a AK101 becomes useless.In the hands of a pro, even the PP19 can be devastating.
1. Tell me then why is the rpk close to a sniper rifle?
2. There's saying then there's doing.
3. And a true SR would'nt clay spam now would they?
4. Bunny hopping is cheap.
5. I prefer the p90.
6. Yes.
7. What are its advantages? And dont say bombing most people who use the fighters for bombing are experts.
8. Ever fight see me fight in a t-90? Thought not. Until that time dont try telling me i suck at something.
9. What if you got an enemy apc shooting at you?
10. I'm glad they did'nt nerf the cobra yet, I suck at piloting i admit that, But i'm good at taking out choppers from the ground.

Wrong! All weapons are different, It matters very little if your a noob or not, Anybody can get a g36e and get easy kills, And dont start with the ak101 shit. I kicked the spets ass on ghosttown with my F2000. https://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/dvdpiddy/BF22007-07-1512-31-10-06.jpg
Funny with all the bashing going on about it's accuracy and shit i managed to snipe 3 snipers at convoy from hotel.

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Uh, dude, I've gone through the data more times than I care to remember, like here, and nowhere did I see a mention of damage going down with successive shots. Nowhere.
here

Todd_Angelo wrote:

As I thought, you're looking at one of the figures and thinking it's something it's not buddy. Two bullets is enough to kill anyone if they're headshots, two bursts to kill any class... see last column: 6 shots to kill armoured, 4 for non-armoured.

This is assuming all bullets hit and register of course.
You're point blank need i say more?

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-15 12:44:33)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

David.Podedworny wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

4.Pop and hop.
6.No
8.Because you suck

1. Tell me then why is the rpk close to a sniper rifle?
2. There's saying then there's doing.
3. And a true SR would'nt clay spam now would they?
4. Bunny hopping is cheap.
5. I prefer the p90.
6. Yes.
7. What are its advantages? And dont say bombing most people who use the fighters for bombing are experts.
8. Ever fight see me fight in a t-90? Thought not. Until that time dont try telling me i suck at something.
9. What if you got an enemy apc shooting at you?
10. I'm glad they did'nt nerf the cobra yet, I suck at piloting i admit that, But i'm good at taking out choppers from the ground.

Wrong! All weapons are different, It matters very little if your a noob or not, Anybody can get a g36e and get easy kills, And dont start with the ak101 shit. I kicked the spets ass on ghosttown with my F2000.
O ffs

1.The RPK is'nt close to a SR
2.Theres just being crap
3.Explain how a SR spams clays, being a inanimate object
4.Fortunatly, this is a game, and anything goes. A win is a win, cheap or not
5.So use the p90...
6.No
7.It can physically outrun missles, is very controlable.Fly high, find a jet, drop down, MG jet, fly high. Rinse and repeat
8.Jesus...
9.Fly away, leave the big bad scary APC to the real flyboys
10.Ok...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

fatherted13 wrote:

O ffs

2.Theres just being crap
5.So use the p90...
6.No
7.It can physically outrun missles, is very controlable.Fly high, find a jet, drop down, MG jet, fly high. Rinse and repeat
8.Jesus...
10.Ok...
*Asshole time*

1. Ok then marksmen rifle maybe.
2. And theres also being skilled(Which i am with my F2000)
3.For explosives badge in kark.
4.Fine then i'll start bunny hopping from now on.
5.Cant always in SF.
6.Yes. I took down a humvee with one GP-30 round.
7.Maybe but still the j-10 and mig-29 run circles around it.
8.Muhammed... Any other random prophets you would like to call out?
9.Not if the map has no attack choppers. Aka tampa(And dont start with the jets they are too busy hunting us transport helis to give a damn about helping us cap flags)
10. Agreed.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-15 10:57:48)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

David.Podedworny wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

O ffs

2.Theres just being crap
5.So use the p90...
6.No
8.Jesus...
10.Ok...
*Asshole time*

1. Ok then marksmen rifle maybe.
2. And theres also being skilled(Which i am with my F2000)
3.For explosives badge in kark.
4.Fine then i'll start bunny hopping from now on.
5.Cant always in SF.
6.Yes. I took down a humvee with one GP-30 round.
7.Maybe but still the j-10 and mig-29 run circles around it.
8.Muhammed... Any other random prophets you would like to call out?
9.Not if the map has no attack choppers. Aka tampa(And dont start with the jets they are too busy hunting us transport helis to give a damn about helping us cap flags)
10. Agreed.
1.Still no
2.Good for you.
3. SR stands for Sniper Rifle. GJ
4.Good
5.So use the MP5
6.No
7.Which is why you dont spend your time flying at their level
8.Haha /sarcasm
9.So leave it to the Armour boys, its not your job
10. ...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
zeitlos.revo
+0|6132
wow wat a pro score on screen. But isent f2000 for little noobies.
M16 is da best weapon in the game imo.
David.P
Banned
+649|6274

fatherted13 wrote:

1.Still no
2.Good for you.
4.Good
5.So use the MP5
6.No
8.Haha /sarcasm
10. ...
1.Yes
2.Great for me.
3.Duh! You think i'm retarded?
4.Excellent.
5.I dont like the Mp5 on most sf maps.
6.Uh yes. Let me get a screenie to prove it brb.
7.I dont fly period unless i feel like smacktarding the enemy team.
8./Serious
9.What if they are not around?
10. ...

zeitlos.revo wrote:

wow wat a pro score on screen. But isent f2000 for little noobies.
M16 is da best weapon in the game imo.
Spellcheck.

Last edited by David.Podedworny (2007-07-15 11:08:36)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!
This thread's going places fast
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6501|so randum

David.Podedworny wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

1.Still no
2.Good for you.
4.Good
5.So use the MP5
6.No
8.Haha /sarcasm
10. ...
1.Yes
2.Great for me.
3.Duh! You think i'm retarded?
4.Excellent.
5.I dont like the Mp5 on most sf maps.
6.Uh yes. Let me get a screenie to prove it brb.
7.I dont fly period unless i feel like smacktarding the enemy team.
8./Serious
9.What if they are not around?
10. ...
1.No
2.Right.
3.So how can a Sniper Rifle spam clays?
5.Adapt
6.How do you know the HVee wasnt already damaged?
7.ok
8.Still not funny
9.Leave, there's not much you can do.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard