Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

...i suggest that you don't use unlocks. people will respect you a lot more if you use the standard guns...
Politer than most posts of this type so kudos, but it's still a bit of a silly point. Personally I think scoring points and killing more than you die are what's important in the game, not which gun you do it with.

=]-[f= ig88 wrote:

...and it will make you a much better player.
Using the best gun (for you) in a given class will maximise your potential; forcing yourself to use a stock gun for an artificial reason (particularly someone else's artificial reason) is doing yourself a disservice. Fine, if you have to use stocks for competitive play you must practice with them but most people play for fun, and more guns = more fun.

Blizzard36 wrote:

The L85A1 actually has the worst single shot accuracy of any rifle.
Does it? Let's do the math...

[ (base deviation * stance modifier) + added shot ] * zoom modifier + [ recoil * recoil zoom modifier ]

L85A1
base deviation 0.3
dev. s/c/p 1.5/1.3/1.2
deviation added per shot 0.3 (2.5)
dev. zoom 0.8
recoil 0.3-0.5
rec. zoom 0.6

AK-101
base deviation 0.45
dev. s/c/p 1.3/1.2/1
deviation added per shot 0.2 (2)
dev. zoom 0.8
recoil 0.4-0.6
rec. zoom 0.8

Standing, one shot, not zoomed
L85A1 [ (0.3 * 1.5) + (0) ] * (1) + [0 * 1] = 0.45 deviation
AK-101 [ (0.45 * 1.3) + (0) ] * (1) + [0 * 1] = 0.585 Deviation

Standing, two shots, not zoomed
L85A1 [ (0.3 * 1.5) + (0.3) ] * (1) + [0.3 * 1] = 1.05 deviation on second shot (minimum)
AK-101 [ (0.45 * 1.3) + (0.4) ] * (1) + [0.4 * 1] = 1.385 deviation on second shot (minimum)

Prone, one shot, zoomed
L85A1 [ (0.3 * 1.2) + (0) ] * (0.8) + [0 * 0.8] = 0.288 deviation
AK-101 [ (0.45 * 1.0) + (0) ] * (0.8) + [0 * 0.8] = 0.36 deviation

Prone, two shots, zoomed
L85A1 [ (0.3 * 1.2) + (0.3) ] * (0.8) + [0.3 * 0.6] = 0.708 deviation on second shot (minimum)
AK-101 [ (0.45 * 1.0) + (0.2) ] * (0.8) + [0.4 * 0.8] = 0.84 deviation on second shot (minimum)

I think I did that all correctly, but by all means check.

TrashBlinD wrote:

...stock guns... as good as unlocks...
*sigh* some are, some aren't.

TrashBlinD wrote:

...they just take more skill and pratice to use.
AK-101 and AK-47, up close, are perhaps the best assault rifles in the game. Doesn't take more skill to use them to mow someone down if they're right in front of you since they're full auto, more than accurate enough and quite powerful.

TrashBlinD wrote:

Negative. You don't need to play 50 hours with the M16 to get good with it, You just need to have a decent accuracy and you will become very accuracte with it.
Roger that, but that's because the M16A2 is very accurate in this game (check the Wiki's accuracy calculations, which include this, compare the numbers with the examples above).

-

This whole "unlocks are for n00bs" thing is ridiculous if you look at it... even if you just check the disparity in the weapons in the same class among the stocks.

If we take the sniper class the SVD and Type 88 are good for medium ranges and less, if you're the right kind of player, but even at those ranges the better zoom and superior power of the M24 is usually a definite advantage (for numerous obvious reasons). Speaking for myself I can't recall more than a handful of games in maybe the last 300-400 hours of sniping where a semi-auto user has come out top sniper, unless he claymore whored. And sure as hell I'm not outsniped by one on a regular basis.

There are many map examples one could give but let's assume Wake, there are literally dozens of common situations (that anyone familiar with the map can imagine) where if you're forced to use stock guns a USMC sniper would be at a distinct advantage over his PLA counterpart (even just artie island to the sandbags at the north and south tips). But if the PLA player can select the L96A1 then it levels the playing field, which is ideally what unlocks are for. Plus when you factor in non-sniper opponents the advantage to the USMC player is magnified.

Even on maps with restricted visibility like Warlord, Karkand or Ghost Town the bolt-action shooter is practically destined to win.
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6537|Grand Forks, ND
When I unlocked it the charts said it was the worst, I haven't checked them since and it has been quite a while so they may have changed it.  All I know is that in use I tend to hit with the first shot more often with the AK-101, but the scope still provides a great tactical advantage for the L85A1.  In my opinion it's a tossup between those two, but I'd use the L85A1 over the other rifles.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6585|Seattle
Sorry to say it, but unlocks aren't going to make much of a difference.

If you want help improving, read my infantry guide: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55088
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6639|Montreal, Qc, Canada
of course you should know that the G36E is good !! the l85a1 is good 2 and like they sayd the g36c is good 2 nd if you want something VERY powerfull go with the g3... do not unlock the third of support keep it for the end
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6519|Adelaide, South Australia

Andoura wrote:

of course you should know that the G36E is good !! the l85a1 is good 2 and like they sayd the g36c is good 2 nd if you want something VERY powerfull go with the g3... do not unlock the third of support keep it for the end
Spelling and Grammar fix, please?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker

ozghost wrote:

depending on the user, all the guns are good though choosing a specific unlock over another will be dependant on ur frame rate, what you do in game.

PKM is a support weapon, rarely will u shoot it without proning or kneeling.  Shoot it in spurts not spray and pray.

the g3 (assualt unlock) only has 20 bullets in a round but isincredibally accurate over shot to mid distances, ussually 3 shots will put them down, it also has the smoke grenade which is bloody handy when used correctly.

The Dao 12 is also a deadly weapon more over the short distances, its powerful and u have 12 bullets, so taking 4 or 5 guys out with it is not uncommon . . .
regards
Good advice.  G36E medic is awesome whether standing, crouching or prone.  F2000 is next best in line and has full auto when needed.  I do not like the L85A1, personal preference.  Don't like the sight picture through the scope.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard