Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
Good point. Are prison guards evil? Nope. This Satan chap seems to be like a prison guard.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

znozer wrote:

Balok77 wrote:

satain was cast from heaven by st peter according to religious texts. Cant remember why tho. Satain is the root of all evil and is the physical manifest of it, so yes satain is evil...that is if you beleive in him
NO! that was NOT Satain it was Lucifer.
Ok, we need to get a thing straight. Satan is NOT a name! It is hebrew and means the enemy of God. "Satan" was an extremely high-ranking angel in heaven. But really "Satan" hated all human-beings and wanted God to see them as unloyal and dirty beings. Now comes the shit. And really Satan wanted to damage God so he would be the ruler of heaven. So yeah, he got some angels on his side. Of course God saw this and threw him down out earth or in hell. This is how I have been learned.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-07-12 10:35:16)

d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6446|Ontario, Canada
Satan use to be in heaven, he was an angel, he got greedy, disagreed with God, so God gave him the boot. I doubt Satan is an actual real person, I personally believe he's more a spirit, who can possess and influence people into doing bad things. Some people call it 'demonics'.
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6735|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

too_money2007 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

should read menock the devil..
Lol, I was going to talk about that.

Anne Rice implies that the Devil isn't evil, just one of many Devil's before him, put in "Hell" by God for a period of time. His job there is to make evil people come to a realization of their evil ways and see the light of God. The Devil isn't happy with his job, as it is the lamerz, but God has a plan.

That's a pretty good idea on what the Devil really is. Because, if the Devil was an Angel, weren't Angels created without the ability to turn on God? Aren't humans the only beings that are allowed to have free-will? So, that means an Angel wouldn't have the ability to try and defeat God and take over Heaven.

Though, I don't believe in God and a Devil, I find the idea of the Devil pretty cool. There's something about pure evil that attracts me. I guess I just want to see a real, scary movie. Not one that's all about making loud noises at quiet times.
it's a bit deeper than that!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6750|Argentina
I thought Satan was gay and married or something to Saddam.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6735|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

sergeriver wrote:

I thought Satan was gay and married or something to Saddam.
lol... yeah personally I reckon that loads of people who think they are going to heaven are in for quite a large fucking surprise!
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6448|The edge of sanity

Balok77 wrote:

satain was cast from heaven by st peter according to religious texts. Cant remember why tho. Satain is the root of all evil and is the physical manifest of it, so yes satain is evil...that is if you beleive in him
Lucifer was god most bueatiful angel and the one whom was the prossecutor in gods courts (before hell) and would help god in his judgement on lviing souls. he was banish to hell after challanging god for his throne. Damn history channel
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

IG-Calibre wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Anne Rice implies that the Devil isn't evil, just one of many Devil's before him, put in "Hell" by God for a period of time. His job there is to make evil people come to a realization of their evil ways and see the light of God. The Devil isn't happy with his job, as it is the lamerz, but God has a plan.

That's a pretty good idea on what the Devil really is. Because, if the Devil was an Angel, weren't Angels created without the ability to turn on God? Aren't humans the only beings that are allowed to have free-will? So, that means an Angel wouldn't have the ability to try and defeat God and take over Heaven.

Though, I don't believe in God and a Devil, I find the idea of the Devil pretty cool. There's something about pure evil that attracts me. I guess I just want to see a real, scary movie. Not one that's all about making loud noises at quiet times.
Well, I learn that God has created all. And by that I mean both good and evil. So yeah maybe the angels have the free choice so God can test their loyalty.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6548
Satan is as bad as God. He's also as good as God. Why? Because neither exist.
too_money2007
+145|6301|Keller, Tx

IG-Calibre wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

I know, but that's the jist of it.

But, Satan is evil in Memnoch for ripping out Lestat's eye.. that bastard.
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6537|Sverige (SWE)

stef10 wrote:

znozer wrote:

Balok77 wrote:

NO! that was NOT Satain it was Lucifer.
Ok, we need to get a thing straight. Satan is NOT a name! It is hebrew and means the enemy of God. "Satan" was an extremely high-ranking angel in heaven. But really "Satan" hated all human-beings and wanted God to see them as unloyal and dirty beings. Now comes the shit. And really Satan wanted to damage God so he would be the ruler of heaven. So yeah, he got some angels on his side. Of course God saw this and threw him down out earth or in hell. This is how I have been learned.
Yes ... But the name of the "angel" was Lucifer so don't cal him "Satain".... And by the why Lusifer and the Devil is not the same thing.. the devil has "been here" as long as God.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark
Can you really compare things that dont exist?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

stef10 wrote:

Can you really compare things that dont exist?
You most certainly can.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark
Then why is Cam saying that God and Satan are equal when it comes to goodness and badness.

damn, I have had to much philosophy in school.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-07-12 10:49:37)

weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6157|California

Balok77 wrote:

if i remember correctly, it was because he was the next power in line to god, but he wanted to be just as powerful as god so he was banned from heaven for wanting that
thats how it went, if i remember correctly
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
...the purpose of this thread was not to say, "Duhhhhhh, I don't beleeve in either of dem so I cant even imaggin if dey reeely eggzist" ...
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark
If we take after the bible is this infomation not created by God himself?

But still I believe that there are forces that are more evil than Lucifer.

Like Abaddon. Do not want to be near him.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-07-12 10:54:11)

Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6729|Salt Lake City

Heaven won't have me, and Hell's afraid I'll take over. 
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

stef10 wrote:

Then why is Cam saying that God and Satan are equal when it comes to goodness and badness.

You can debate the components of an idea without subscribing to the existance of it. You could challenge the moral composition of Santa Clause if you want.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

Kmarion wrote:

stef10 wrote:

You can debate the components of an idea without subscribing to the existance of it. You could challenge the moral composition of Santa Clause if you want.
yeah. lets stop talking about that.
Bruce-SuperNub
SuperNoob
+26|6142|Scotland

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Now, this is totally hypothetical. I'm an atheist but appreciate the religious views of others. Let's not flame people for their personal views and stick to the topic at hand. I talk about Satan here as a real being, irrespective of my personal views.

Now, Satan is the devil. Evil incarnate. Lucifer. And all sorts of other names. He runs hell as I'm sure everyone knows. But the question is this:

Can Satan REALLY be evil if he is the being that traps all the evil souls in hell? If he took good souls, THAT would be evil. But essentially he tortures the souls of evildoers, punishing them for their deeds in life. Without him doing this, would the evil sould remain on our plane of existance and wreak havoc (e.g. poulterguists)?

Discuss
There's an old saying which escapes me. But think on it this way, he tortures them, They were evil, sure, yet torturing someone is evil, So hypothetically speaking god views him as evil due to the fact he's doing evil acts, the people he does them to doesn't mean shit. two wrongs don't make a right. y'know? So thats probably one way that he's "evil"
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6642|Washington DC

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Now, Satan is the devil. Evil incarnate. Lucifer. And all sorts of other names. He runs hell as I'm sure everyone knows. But the question is this:

Can Satan REALLY be evil if he is the being that traps all the evil souls in hell? If he took good souls, THAT would be evil. But essentially he tortures the souls of evildoers, punishing them for their deeds in life. Without him doing this, would the evil sould remain on our plane of existance and wreak havoc (e.g. poulterguists)?
There are two "Satans" in the Christian religious world.

The most recognized "Satan" personality:
  • Modus Operandi:  causes everything that people relativistically perceive as being negative.  For example, it might be personal such as health problems, the fire that burned down one's house, the loss of a bunch of money, someone loved who died in an auto crash, etc.  This Satan also is viewed as responsible for global and major social ills such as wars, drug abuse, and the food at McDonalds.   He is perceived as being in charge of a "hell" where there is fire and little demons poking the ungodly dead with little pitchforks.
  • Theology:  Rooted in dualism where all things good (wealth, health, positive relationships) are from God who loves us, and all things bad (pain, suffering, loss) are from Satan who hates us.
  • Origin:  partly a narrow reading of the Bible, part social control by parents and churches that want to control behavior, and part literature and modern cartoons.
The Biblical "Satan" personality
  • Modus Operandi: opposes God and his purposes because he wants to be worshiped as God.  He seeks to destroy God and his creation, and lead creation away from God.  His primary method is to deceptively offer wonderful and attractive things (beautiful women, wealth, power, prestigious jobs) to lure people away from devotion to God and toward devotion to the things of the ungodly world ... ultimately, the things offered are a trap, lead people away from God, and ultimately death.  He masquerades sometimes as religious:  perhaps preachers, pastors, or other self-declared holy people.  Pain is sometimes used, but not always.  Satan's headquarters is actually described as either "spiritual realms" or right here on Earth ... not some underground cavern of fire (although he is described as eventually ending up in a pit of fire to be destroyed).
  • Theology:  Judeo-Christian
  • Origin:  the Bible (Old and New Testaments).

Edit:  By the way, in the Bible, God is ultimately responsible for wars, destruction, and pain ... Satan may be an agent of negative things, but Satan does nothing without permission from God.
mafropetee
+18|6136|Altamonte Springs, FL
im agnostic, but what i have been told by religious people is that satan is NOT the king of hell. when he betrayed god, his punishment was not hell, it was to be exiled to earth. god is in control of hell, and god decides what happens to the people who go to hell. thats how he can "influence" the sinners to sin. thats why we have religious people saying "dont let satan convince you of sinful things."

im not sure if this is the case or not, being agnostic. but i DID used to be a pretty faithful christian a few years back, and i went to a non-denominational church, and that is what i had been taught at that church as well as by friends.
stef10
+173|6475|Denmark

OrangeHound wrote:

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

There are two "Satans" in the Christian religious world.

The most recognized "Satan" personality:
  • Modus Operandi:  causes everything that people relativistically perceive as being negative.  For example, it might be personal such as health problems, the fire that burned down one's house, the loss of a bunch of money, someone loved who died in an auto crash, etc.  This Satan also is viewed as responsible for global and major social ills such as wars, drug abuse, and the food at McDonalds.   He is perceived as being in charge of a "hell" where there is fire and little demons poking the ungodly dead with little pitchforks.
  • Theology:  Rooted in dualism where all things good (wealth, health, positive relationships) are from God who loves us, and all things bad (pain, suffering, loss) are from Satan who hates us.
  • Origin:  partly a narrow reading of the Bible, part social control by parents and churches that want to control behavior, and part literature and modern cartoons.
The Biblical "Satan" personalityThis reminds a lot of the things I have heard Abaddon.
  • Modus Operandi: opposes God and his purposes because he wants to be worshiped as God.  He seeks to destroy God and his creation, and lead creation away from God.  His primary method is to deceptively offer wonderful and attractive things (beautiful women, wealth, power, prestigious jobs) to lure people away from devotion to God and toward devotion to the things of the ungodly world ... ultimately, the things offered are a trap, lead people away from God, and ultimately death.  He masquerades sometimes as religious:  perhaps preachers, pastors, or other self-declared holy people.  Pain is sometimes used, but not always.  Satan's headquarters is actually described as either "spiritual realms" or right here on Earth ... not some underground cavern of fire (although he is described as eventually ending up in a pit of fire to be destroyed).
  • Theology:  Judeo-Christian
  • Origin:  the Bible (Old and New Testaments).
This reminds a lot of the things I have heard Abaddon.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-07-12 10:59:45)

confused
+10|6387|British Columbia
Another view of Satan can be found in Heinlein's Job:  A Comedy of Justice.

In it God and Satan are simply trying to win people to their sides.  Heaven is a place of purity and Hell is a place of fun even though God tries to tell people it is all fire and brimstone.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard