Tempelridderen
+0|6733
I just wonder, for very long distances in bf2, do u have to use the stripes below the cross? (don't know the proper terminology :p)
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6752
No... Stripes are for fun
Zanzura
Shallow and Pedantic
+2|6671|Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I haven't tried it for myself but there is supposedly bullet drop for extreme distance sniping.
s4vior6
Save's UR @$$
+1|6746|Somewhere in NYC
yes there is. but based on (limited) experience, i just use the top 2 rows, cause i dont snipe that far
Rizen_Ji
+41|6735|200m out and smiling at you.
i direct you to my sig
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6740|United States
I think, that every 400M, you need to go up 1 bar.
IlIlIlIlIl
make it funny plz
+3|6749|Netherlands
yeah im practising now with the M95 to handle the bullit drop because it got allot more bullit drop than the M24 on distance sniping
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

Yeah, weird that, because the M95 has the more powerful round and I thought would be less effected by Bullet drop. I suppose it's heavier though. Whatever, I'm a M24 convert now.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6758|MA, USA
Rizen_Ji:

In the video from your sig, there's a little x that flashed after the shot was taken...I have never seen that in the game.  Is that a setting I have not seen somewhere?
chase_mccloud
[bha] Chase
+0|6668|HERE -->USA
FOR THE LAST TIME, THERE IS BULLET DROP, GO HERE

Last edited by chase_mccloud (2006-01-30 13:58:42)

Rizen_Ji
+41|6735|200m out and smiling at you.
that just means u miss a lot then lol

nah it's automatic whenever you're firing and you get a direct hit with any weapon. (works with grenades too)
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6758|MA, USA
That's strange.  I KNOW I don't miss that much (I have over 40% accuracy with Sniper rifles), and I have NEVER seen that.  Not with any weapon.  Anyone know why I wouldn't see that?
LockerFish
+47|6705
it happens with arty to if you ever want to drop some arty and leave the command screen, flashing Xs like crazy.... maybe you have one of the settings for your HUD set to transparent or whatever. I dunno for sure though. sorry.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

whittsend wrote:

That's strange.  I KNOW I don't miss that much (I have over 40% accuracy with Sniper rifles), and I have NEVER seen that.  Not with any weapon.  Anyone know why I wouldn't see that?
next time you fire your sniper rifle, hold down left click so it'll stay in the scope view and you should be able to see it. But I don't know how you wouldn't see it when using assault rifles.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany
"though the “bullet drop” factor at longer ranges may give the M95 an edge with longer shots. While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available. "

-------------> http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/BulletDrop1.wmv

Bulletdropvideo,very educational...

I think that bulletdrop starts at around 150 meters and then gradually the point of impact drops lower and lower until you come to distances where it's nearly several millimeters drop,but all these things are just the basics,in the end you trust your gut-feeling when estimating how much drop occurs on what range.

https://x2.putfile.com/1/2923120899.jpg

Ok,the picture is not top quality but serves its purpose,to give all people who have no idea about what I'm talking about a rough idea,that + the link to the video should clarify some basic things.

In the picture we can see a magnified scope view of the SVD(Dragunov).The yellow line represents the point of impact at distances of about 100 meters or closer,hard to determine it absolutely correct,it's the feeling and experience with it.
The green line represents the point of impact at a distance of maybe 150-170 meters,at this distance I like to see the recticle as a little hat which I place on the enemies head,but again it's just the experience with it,every rifle has its own bulletdrop and feel to it.

I prefer the M24 and even the SVD over the M95,the basic sniper rifles are there to learn these things,although the M95 has a great appeal to every player(Look at my big gun!) it's more difficult to master.

Hope this little advice gets the approval of some guys with awsome sniper stats,it's my personal view and I think I have some idea about sniping,in BF1942 I was able to hit running targets with headshots at ranges close to non-visibility after extensive practice.

It takes time to learn correct aiming and estimating range in BF2 but being able to pull off "one shot,one kill"-kills on moving targets is such a rewarding feeling that it's totally worth the time of extensive practicing.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
im pretty sure i read sumwer tht there is an option on the server settings to show when you hav hit sum1, maybe it was off in the servers you wer on?
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany

FFLink13 wrote:

im pretty sure i read sumwer tht there is an option on the server settings to show when you hav hit sum1, maybe it was off in the servers you wer on?
The term you are looking for is "Hit Indicator" and yes,it was very possible that it was turned off on the server.
I've been on a server where they had no hit indicator and no different camera views(only cockpit,sucks as a chopper-gunner),maybe to enhance the realism a bit.
chase_mccloud
[bha] Chase
+0|6668|HERE -->USA
Thats crazy, How did Blindficsh get his Exposives and good conduct badge at the same time thats like impossible, I always get at least one team kill with the C-4
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

No... Stripes are for fun
lmao
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6670

chase_mccloud wrote:

Thats crazy, How did Blindficsh get his Exposives and good conduct badge at the same time thats like impossible, I always get at least one team kill with the C-4
I don't and i think its cool he got them at the same time...

mayb he planned it
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany

wrath2210 wrote:

chase_mccloud wrote:

mayb he planned it
I even made a post about this,so everyone can try to pull off the same or an even crazier move.....

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=12218

But I guess it was just insane luck.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

wrath2210 wrote:

chase_mccloud wrote:

mayb he planned it
I even made a post about this,so everyone can try to pull off the same or an even crazier move.....

Not saying this is true, but you might have accidentally been in a no FF server.. I was in one the other night.. didn't even know it til I saw two guys trying to rocket jump with C4
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

wrath2210 wrote:

mayb he planned it

Not saying this is true, but you might have accidentally been in a no FF server.. I was in one the other night.. didn't even know it til I saw two guys trying to rocket jump with C4
Nope,it was the Gamert.nl server,anybody who plays there can tell you that they always have FF on...

Are there any ranked servers without FF at all?
Would be mega-lame then,C4whoring everywhere then...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6833

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Nope,it was the Gamert.nl server,anybody who plays there can tell you that they always have FF on...

Are there any ranked servers without FF at all?
Would be mega-lame then,C4whoring everywhere then...
Oh, ok.
Lol Yes, I was in one of them. I was just laying C4 at my feet and waiting for people to walk around the corner and then BOOM xD Reall lame.. but I made sure I didn't get my Expert Explosives there.. I wanna do it with FF on.
priznat
+0|6847
Anyone remember operation flashpoint? The SVD reticule *actually worked* like the real thing, ie you could range a person and then depending on the distance aim with a different chevron to take into account bullet drop. Also the M21 had the auto-ranging system where you would zoom in/out to get the tick marks the height of a person, then you were correctly ranged.. Pow!

I wish bf2 had physics like opflash did, that game was excellent.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard