Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6349
they also said there bringing the g36e with zoom to 2142
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6724|Canberra, AUS
I don't think it'll be that bad. The things that made karkand so unbearable was the fact that it fitted the following groups perfectly (and therefore almost everyone on the server was one of them)

Nade spammersArmor whores'36E whores

Fourtunately, grenades are much harder to spam, armor is definitely dumbed down (although the walker is a pain at times) and there is no weapon anywhere near the equivalent of the 'E. Sure, the voss is similar in type and usage, but a Krylov vs. Voss match will be dependant on the player, while a 'E vs. other weapon or 101 vs. any other weapon, the 'E or 101 would win easily.

Last edited by Spark (2007-06-12 03:15:03)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6606|Brisbane, Aus

Two words, Assault.. Rockets
Spark
+874|6724|Canberra, AUS

Fenix14 wrote:

Two words, Assault.. Rockets
In karkand? Not that big a problem - how are you going to use rockets in those goddamned alleys?

I would actually think this would make for a quite interesting map. Much more suited to 2142 than BF2 IMO.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6606|Brisbane, Aus

Spark wrote:

In karkand? Not that big a problem - how are you going to use rockets in those goddamned alleys?

I would actually think this would make for a quite interesting map. Much more suited to 2142 than BF2 IMO.
It'd be pretty easy to get 6-9 kills in half a second really

pull out the rockets
look at the ground in the alley where you want to target
Zoom, which locks the distance in

Let loose
Spark
+874|6724|Canberra, AUS

Fenix14 wrote:

Spark wrote:

It'd be pretty easy to get 6-9 kills in half a second really

pull out the rockets
look at the ground in the alley where you want to target
Zoom, which locks the distance in

Let loose
What, you mean aiming above the guys when you're up on the hill?

Just make the buildings taller so you can't do it then.

I seriously doubt the buildings would be the same, the general layout, maybe.
~ Richard Feynman
Slickfish
+24|6673
Im not going to object or moan about any free map!!!.
Magius5.0
+106|6431|UMass Amherst
2142 Karkand...I could imagine it.  Massive city (think Belgrade but bigger, and more confined spaces) where alleys are treated with caution by all but the mightest of walker pilots.  Close-quarters combat, and a huge destructible bridge in the middle of the map that shall inspire the mightiest of battles...yes, they must bring back destructible bridges, it adds such a huge tactical element!!!
jsnipy
+3,276|6572|...

Slickfish wrote:

Im not going to object or moan about any free map!!!.
armin
+0|6805| Bosnia & Herzegovina
It's not official... just a community map
kptk92
u
+972|6457|tc_london
I'll only like it if its Titan Mode compatible - another City Titan Map would be awsome!
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6364
great karland 2142...more noobs spawnkilling, tking, and medic/ support whoring... and finally point farming..

i ran away from bf2 because 50-75% of the servers out there have karland in their map rotations at least 3 -10 times.

we got a karkland map already: its called fall of berlin.
kptk92
u
+972|6457|tc_london

thebestshooter wrote:

great Karkand 2142...more noobs spawnkilling, tking, and medic/ support whoring... and finally point farming..

i ran away from bf2 because 50-75% of the servers out there have Karkand in their map rotations at least 3 -10 times.

we got a Karkand map already: its called fall of berlin.
Edit: Sorry, just helping you there!!

Last edited by kptk92 (2007-06-12 11:04:20)

kachunkachunk
+8|6439|Ontario
Cool, I'd like to see what time did to the map! Color me a comfortable shade of excited!
NZDeathBoy
+20|6749|Chch, New Zealand

thebestshooter wrote:

great karland 2142...more noobs spawnkilling, tking, and medic/ support whoring... and finally point farming..

i ran away from bf2 because 50-75% of the servers out there have karland in their map rotations at least 3 -10 times.

we got a karkland map already: its called fall of berlin.
Not exactly. Berlin is a hell rape map if no-one works as a team. Where as Kark. One person can sneak parts the front line. As the apcs in bf2 don't have massive spash damage.

I think In 2142 It would be really cool. As you could pod onto roofs, that arn't that high and snipe, lay traps for walker. If would be better than berlin. As  roof camping wouldn't be a pain. It would make it more challanging.

I say bring on 2142 Kark
Spark
+874|6724|Canberra, AUS
I think it would be (almost?) better than Gibaltrar - but I don't think it'll challenge Cerbere for pure, untainted fun.
~ Richard Feynman
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6319
I dont care what anyone says, i like IO Karkand. Its my number 1 played map for a reason. No constant deaths from planes/helo's. No (almost literally) constant deaths from arty, no constant instant deaths from armour in alleyways.

Yes, you do get people spamming the grenades and yes, it is incredibly annoying, but just shoot them and they stop. I prefer IO because its much fairer. Its not just 'the guy in the plane' or 'the guy in the tank' that can get kills. Its all about skills and 1 vs 1 encounters where anyone has a chance.

Also, its almost constant action. Very few long boring slogs to the next flag (i'm looking at you, Highway Tampa..). Its fun with vehicles too but the arty recharges waaaaaaaaaaaay too fast.

So yeah, 2142 Karkand wouldn't go amiss.
Commando
+8|6651
Doesnt it say on the ticker in BF2142 "There are reports of a conflict in the Arabian Peninsula" or something like that? Whether they are bring out a Karkand replica or a map to that extent, bring it on. The current maps are getting boring!
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6626|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

Backupwayback wrote:

Its already there with 10 more bullet and an automatic mode...some people call it  THE VOSS!

Fuck i hate that gun way more than the g36e
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6527|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Wow, was thinking of going back to 2142.  Thanks for changing my mind.  Thanks for wrecking a good game Dice....
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6272|Escea

Didn't want to make a seperate thread for this so here it is.
Found it on TBF2

The DICE Live team is responsible for dealing with everything to do with Battlefield games once they're out such as releasing new maps and updates. We wanted to let you all know about some recent changes to the team. Colin and Gordon are moving on to developing exciting new things in the studio. Our new Community Manager will be Pete, also known as Sentience from the EA UK forum. Pete will be working with fansites and EA community teams worldwide to keep you up to date on the latest from the DICE Live team and Battlefield.

Melissa and Barrie round out the new additions to the team. Melissa will be focusing on the upcoming Battlefield: Bad Company while Barrie will be working on updating the existing games, such as Battlefield 2 and Battlefield 2142. We also have a masters thesis student working for us, John-Philip. Some of you will have already seen the announcement of the survey he has released as part of his studies, it’s about game broadcasts as entertainment and if you’re interested you can take part here.

You'll also get the chance to take these new guys on, as well as many other members of the DICE team, in future Battlefield online events. Keep an eye out for further news on that front.

Your Dice Live team
Dolf86
+3|6206|shitney- australia
i got my basic knife combat on karkand, it was hell funny, i was in a full squad, last flag (one at back across river) they were all pinned down fighting across the bridge, other team was sniper whoring to the max, i sneak across river far side, come up behind them (they were all on the wall at gatehouse) standing, i sneak behind, knifed 8 of them one after another in line... got my badge... and my whole team just LOL'd cause they were sniping and saw it from the train wreck...

best moment ever never to be repeated.. sheer luck on my part... they were my only kills the whole server too.. i spent it all trying to sneak around behind enemy positions
UberReaper
+1|6537|Ohio
I'd like to see the walkers in it...

And true, the nade whores are annoying noobs. But that just leaves the real killing up to experienced players.

Plus they could add snow-you can never go wrong with more snow lolz
KraYz13
+0|6229|New Jersey
That would prolly b tha only map i would play but for now Camp Gibraltar is the substitute

Last edited by KraYz13 (2007-07-01 12:15:08)

Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6349

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Backupwayback wrote:

Its already there with 10 more bullet and an automatic mode...some people call it  THE VOSS!

Fuck i hate that gun way more than the g36e
i say closest thing to g36 is the krylov

EDIT   i hate camp gibraltor how do u play it so much?

Last edited by Backupwayback (2007-07-01 12:22:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard