Magius5.0
+106|6389|UMass Amherst
And I thought nothing in BF 2142 could bother me.  Lately the amount of RDX chuckers on FF-off servers is ticking me off.  All they do is rush up to you, bunny hop, drop RDX packs all over the place and blow everything up.  No skill, just pure n00bishness.  Before you guys say 'just go to an FF-on server' I'll counter by saying that some of my favorite servers are FF-off...hence my dilemma.  Though just how long they stay my favorites, that remains to be seen, considering this is becoming a serious problem all over the place.
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6663|UK
lol yer that and pricks that bail out of transporters to hit walkers and such, we run a server with FF on but vehcial damage off, seems to work ok
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6697|London, UK
On my clan server we just hate it when they use em to get on the roofs so we warn then kick cause its pretty annoying...
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6396|Scotland
BUT it is fun to do
weasel_thingo
+74|6334

Magius5.0 wrote:

And I thought nothing in BF 2142 could bother me.  Lately the amount of RDX chuckers on FF-off servers is ticking me off.  All they do is rush up to you, bunny hop, drop RDX packs all over the place and blow everything up.  No skill, just pure n00bishness.  Before you guys say 'just go to an FF-on server' I'll counter by saying that some of my favorite servers are FF-off...hence my dilemma.  Though just how long they stay my favorites, that remains to be seen, considering this is becoming a serious problem all over the place.
shoot them before they get close??
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6626|InGerLand

bullit wrote:

On my clan server we just hate it when they use em to get on the roofs so we warn then kick cause its pretty annoying...
but getting on roofs with it is awesome, and for the following reasons:
1) it's fun to fly 40 ft in the air
2) it's fun to see noobs call you hackers
3) it gives a different style of play, because yes whilst on the roof it is easier to get more kills, your a sitting duck for any half decent snipers and your completely open to orbital strikes.
4) only recon can get up on the roof (unless they are SL with the beacon) which means that sooner or later they will run out of ammo and have to get down anyway, and if you have done it, you will appreciate how hard it is to find a support soldier thats quick on the ammo dispensing, not to mention that you are running round with only your pistol and likely to get killed soon enough.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6702|Ireland
I used to be ranked #3 with the RDX in teh worldzor
imortal
+240|6673|Austin, TX
Since you can get on rooftops with the squad leader beacon, I do not mind the RDX boost too much.  Although if the squad was smart, would not take much to boost a support guy up there WITH you...

I do get upset at players who use RDX as a close quarters weapon.  THe ONLY way that will work is on FF-off servers, and is pretty flawed as a tactic.  And no, it does not take much skill.  I wonder how many people who do this have a big red "2" hanging in front of their name?
kptk92
u
+972|6416|tc_london
We have FF Off on our clan server and I am ashamed to say that some of our guys DO RDX Spam (not me, I'm Support-whore all teh way!). However, if we had FF On, our clan have such a short temper that they will TK a majority of our on team. You just can't win with FF On or Off :S
KraYz13
+0|6188|New Jersey

Magius5.0 wrote:

i didnt even bother unlockin them yet bcuz ur lucky if u qet to drop em nd hop away bcuz they glitch regularly when i try usin em
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6308
u can usually can c rdx guys comeing at you and you just shoot them not that hard.  They have to drop switch and click while u just need to kill them.  Ive nevr been spammed by an rdx guy they jsut die trying
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6740|Germany, near Koblenz
Bunny hopping is ridiculous, whether with or without RDX, and shouldn't be possible by coding.

My opinion although I really like to play Spec Ops.

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-07-03 16:38:58)

Someone025
Cooler Member
+31|6521

Magius5.0 wrote:

Before you guys say 'just go to an FF-on server' I'll counter by saying that some of my favorite servers are FF-off...hence my dilemma.
Then get new favorite servers that are FF-OFF
Cursed You
+64|6595|Idaho
C-C-Clark bait.
shoot2kill500
+0|6151|canada
i actully love rdx throwers...they are basicly a free kill. only time they becoome trouble is on the titans, but thats when u fight fire with fire...and by fire i mean i load up the clark and let lose.
trentnorris
Scar 11 whore
+22|6663
hah i bitch rdx whores for a living then tea bag em after that.
Backupwayback
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+73|6308

shoot2kill500 wrote:

i actully love rdx throwers...they are basicly a free kill. only time they becoome trouble is on the titans, but thats when u fight fire with fire...and by fire i mean i load up the clark and let lose.
vouche that

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard