MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6608
Yea.  Fuck them.

I ordered my computer from them last sunday (June 17th) and I paid extra for them to finish the fucking build within 3 business days, which means it should have been shipped out to me last Thrusday.  But, my credit card didn't get processed until the fucking 19th.  So I was like, okay I Should get it by Monday or Tuesday (I ordered 3 Day air and they still mail on Saturdays).  It's wednesday and I've grown quite impatient with the bastards so I decided to call them.

I called the company and the dude puts me on hold after asking for my order confirmation number and I have to sit and listen to a fucking cacophany of music for 10 minutes only to have the guy come back and fucking tell me that the case I ordered was out of stock until July 4th.  He then had the balls to tell me that I can wait, I was like well that would have been fucking great to know when I fucking ordered it!  He said "Well, ok...I'll get you a better case free of charge!"  Which is funny because I picked the best case they had.  He better get me a fucking antec 900 or I'll be mad pissed.

Fuck them.  Fuck all of their empty promises.  I paid extra to have it sooner but it turns out that I'm getting it later.

FUCK!

[/rant]
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
Hmmm, I distinctly remember telling at least three people on the forum who were considering buying from them....to buy from someone else.

It's reasons like this why I was saying stuff like that.  Google "ibuypower reviews" or something...and you'll see that like 90% of all their reviews are terrible.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
Right, this is the perfect time for me to suggest you suicide bomb their headquarters.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6608

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Hmmm, I distinctly remember telling at least three people on the forum who were considering buying from them....to buy from someone else.

It's reasons like this why I was saying stuff like that.  Google "ibuypower reviews" or something...and you'll see that like 90% of all their reviews are terrible.
Too bad I wasn't one of them.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6635|Camp XRay

ha ha

sorry, just cancel it on your credit card.
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png
too_money2007
+145|6320|Keller, Tx
People say Alienware sucks... but, sadly, I ordered from them, and never have had a problem. A stick of ram went bad and I had the replacement within 1 week. Other than that, smooth sailing.

And don't hate on me for having AW, it was a better to buy it then than to save up for 2 years and buy parts that I know I'd fuck up when installing and waste all that money.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

too_money2007 wrote:

People say Alienware sucks... but, sadly, I ordered from them, and never have had a problem. A stick of ram went bad and I had the replacement within 1 week. Other than that, smooth sailing.

And don't hate on me for having AW, it was a better to buy it then than to save up for 2 years and buy parts that I know I'd fuck up when installing and waste all that money.
OCuk replaced my RAM in 2 days. Literally. I sent it at 9am one day and got it the next. Amazing service. Great bunch of guys, too bad they fail at testing a computer before sending it away.
too_money2007
+145|6320|Keller, Tx

Zimmer wrote:

too_money2007 wrote:

OCuk replaced my RAM in 2 days. Literally. I sent it at 9am one day and got it the next. Amazing service. Great bunch of guys, too bad they fail at testing a computer before sending it away.
I coould've got my ram that fast, but it was either wait for a fedex package, send my defective ram to them and get a new one back, or give them $300 or something and immediately get the ram the next day and then a refund of my money once the defective piece was received on their end.

I took the sane route and didn't put my money in the hands of idiots.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6658|Peoria
I only use newegg and tigerdirect. Period.
link52787
+29|6533
Another example why you should always build your own damn system.

and don't give me the "I don't want to mess it up" crap. 

Its easy, hell, easier than putting together a damn jigsaw puzzle
agent146
+127|6398|Jesus Land aka Canada

too_money2007 wrote:

only thing i don't like about alienware ....is that its an alien and aliens seriously scare me.
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6557
Newegg FTW.
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6728
Newegg has a New Jersey location... I would have bought from them... Good to know about Ibuypower though...
Love is the answer
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6583|USA

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Newegg has a New Jersey location... I would have bought from them... Good to know about Ibuypower though...
its only a small warehouse. most of the goods are in california i believe.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6574|British Columbia, Canada
I bought my computer from a place called A-Power. Got it within a few days, but then again, I also picked it up from their shop cause I lived within like 30 minutes of their warehouse..  I hate dealing with shipping, especially something as large as a PC.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6457|Queens, NYC
I got a Dell, that probably makes me an outcast. LOL!
bf2gammer
+14|6232

link52787 wrote:

Another example why you should always build your own damn system.

and don't give me the "I don't want to mess it up" crap. 

Its easy, hell, easier than putting together a damn jigsaw puzzle
very, very true
CodePhoeniX
+13|6227|USA
One word Newegg...

Or two words, yah one word it is.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6468|The edge of sanity
Ibuypower just wants to rape you
Newegg wants to make sweet love, cudle, and make you breakfast the next morning.
Caxcal
+6|6460
on a positive note at least that guy tried to help you no need to yell at him.

boo ibuypower.com hooray nice customer service guy.
lagerfool
+23|6776|SE Virgina
Bought from them two years ago, only issue was a bad power supply.  I called told them and it was on my front porch the next morning.  I will buy from them again.

In fact I have referred them to a few friends (who previously built their own, but wanted the safety of a warranty) none of them had any issues at all.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
I don't see why everyone hates on Dells. If i had alot of cash, i'd just buy that XPS 720 PC with all the fancy crap. It looks well solid.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6768|Scotland

Mekstizzle wrote:

I don't see why everyone hates on Dells. If i had alot of cash, i'd just buy that XPS 720 PC with all the fancy crap. It looks well solid.
Or you could buy seperate parts, make the computer much better and spend much less.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6400|New York

Zimmer wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Or you could buy seperate parts, make the computer much better and spend much less.
QFT.

Plus, it's tons more rewarding to finish a build and find that it works, and that you did it. I love the feeling I get when all the time and effort spent researching finally pays off.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard