namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6299
Can someone please explain..what is that guy talking about at the end of half life 2..why does it end that way..
Sorry but i just dont understand it..
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6299
help anyone?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85

Did you play HL1? Did you pay attention at the beginning of HL2?
Kommander_Kale
Genetically Modified
+19|6415|Melbourne, Australia
http://members.shaw.ca/halflifestory/timeline.htm

I didn't even play HL2, i just play cs but i know the story line pretty in depth because of this site.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

buy Episode 1 for further guessing
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6774|Noizyland

You're talking about at the end where the Citidel is blowing up whe the G-man pauses the action and talks to Gordon right?

Just know that the G-man is this weird manipulative entity who more or less 'owns' Gordon. In Episode One though the G-man apparently 'looses control' of Gordon, the teasers for Episode Two suggest he instead goes for Alyx.
At the end of Half-Life 1 the G-man offered a proposal to Gordon - become his 'employee' or be killed. No-one knows what his plan is, I'm sure it will be revealed in good time.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Hopefully it will be all spelled out in Episode 2
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6299

Ty wrote:

You're talking about at the end where the Citidel is blowing up whe the G-man pauses the action and talks to Gordon right?

Just know that the G-man is this weird manipulative entity who more or less 'owns' Gordon. In Episode One though the G-man apparently 'looses control' of Gordon, the teasers for Episode Two suggest he instead goes for Alyx.
At the end of Half-Life 1 the G-man offered a proposal to Gordon - become his 'employee' or be killed. No-one knows what his plan is, I'm sure it will be revealed in good time.
alright yeha so what was he talking about in the end?
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6233|Albion
"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that...time... again? It seems as if you've only just arrived. You've done a great deal in a small time...span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily I wouldn't contemplate them but, these are extraordinary times, hm? Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you if and when your time comes around again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Doctor Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of...well...I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime, this is where I get off."

given his seemingly obsessive attachment to the word time, and the fact that the characters have discovered a slow teleport, (moving through time and space.), that "in the course of...." should end in time (listening to the pacing of the speech, it sounds like he should be saying time), that he stops time for the purposes of the conversation, my guess is that he is hinting at the existence of time travel and that he is a time traveller himself.

Last edited by Vernedead (2007-06-26 07:16:35)

Sniper-UK-Ghost
Ice Lolly Maniac
+30|6235|Bristol

Vernedead wrote:

"Time, Doctor Freeman? Is it really that...time... again? It seems as if you've only just arrived. You've done a great deal in a small time...span. You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily I wouldn't contemplate them but, these are extraordinary times, hm? Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you if and when your time comes around again. I do apologize for what must seem to you an arbitrary imposition, Doctor Freeman. I trust it will all make sense to you in the course of...well...I'm really not at liberty to say. In the meantime, this is where I get off."

given his seemingly obsessive attachment to the word time, and the fact that the characters have discovered a slow teleport, (moving through time and space.), that "in the course of...." should end in time (listening to the pacing of the speech, it sounds like he should be saying time), that he stops time for the purposes of the conversation, my guess is that he is hinting at the existence of time travel and that he is a time traveller himself.
ooo detective
stef10
+173|6482|Denmark
My guess is he is a brilliant scientist that worked at Black Mesa. In doctor KleinerĀ“ lab there is a photo of the entire research-team. You see some
unknown characters but luckily you see Eli and Kleiner and of course a mysterious figure which head has been scrapped off. It could look a great deal like G-man. So really he may be a brilliant scientist that may have worked his way up to some pretty awful places with those skills he has.
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6233|Albion
thats doctor breen
stef10
+173|6482|Denmark

Vernedead wrote:

thats doctor breen
Nope, I dont think Breen was a doctor at that time. He was only the administrator.

?
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6233|Albion
its breen, kliener has no reason to strike out the g-man from the photo, in opposing force we see the g-man outside the confines of black mesa cooperating with the soldiers so if he has a job in black mesa at all its clearly not on the science team, added to which at the end of HL 1, he says "gordon freeman, in the flesh" implying that it is their first meeting.

breen on the other hand i believe appears as a holographic talking head in half life opposing force to discuss an alien specimen, thought its been a while since i played so i could be wrong.
stef10
+173|6482|Denmark
Well, as above maybe G-man worked there before but got a better job. And of course they just meet each other now because it was GordonĀ“s first day.

Last edited by stef10 (2007-06-26 09:07:55)

Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6233|Albion
so why is gordon in the photo if it was his first day? why does alyx say that gordon and barney used to race through the air ducts? how did gordon win employee of the year (op for)?

Last edited by Vernedead (2007-06-26 10:26:22)

ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6531
Gordon worked there long before the incident. And the site Kale pointed out should explain everything.
stef10
+173|6482|Denmark
WTF, it was explained it was his first day on this work and unluckily all this shit happent.

investigation FTW!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6720|California

stef10 wrote:

WTF, it was explained it was his first day on this work and unluckily all this shit happent.

investigation FTW!!
It wasn't his first day at Black Mesa! (HL1). He had been working there some time. Enough to have most of the scientists know his name, and enough for Barney to have owed him a beer.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA

Vernedead wrote:

It's better to actually see it

I actually just beat that game for the first time last saturday.  Interesting this topic should come up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard