Javelin44
+0|6122
First let me say.... This is my first post, but more importantly.....What a great topic, it is very interesting if not refreshing to read, especially since the stat issue is going on.  And to those who have served, you should be proud and thank you.

US Army 1984-1987 OH-58 mechanic (MOS 67V), Conn Barracks Schweinfurt, (West) Germany
USAR 1987-1989 worked in a damn supply company (hated it), Kings Mills, OH
USAR 1990-1993 Aero Scout Observer (MOS 93B), Ft. Knox, KY

Currenty Police Officer (Canine Unit) in small town in S. W. Ohio
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

Corporal, NBC. Latvian armed forces from 1. September 2003. Currently getting up education to bachelors degree and maybe on autumn I will get lieutenant rank

Short and clear
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6270
Sgt Randall.
I Served in the D-day landings.
BOURBON-USMC-
Eff nuggets!!!
+6|6357
Sgt, USMC 2002-present...
icecreamgod
+13|6136
I don't know if this necessarily the right place to be asking for this type of advice, but I was wondering if any of you recommend joining the CORP? My friend that I recently made (while attending college as a freshman this year) was an ex-marine staff sergeant and he says he recommends the bootcamp to anyone. However, he always gives the beware if you are not ready speech. I was planning on joining after I am done with college so I may enlist for officer training, and I have been doing my homework about it. But I am not gonna lie, I am slightly worried about drill sergeants and being shot at in combat. Anyone have any advice about joining or preparing before bootcamp, or just becoming a military-man in general?
RaiD
+5|6582|Canada
I tried to get into the armed forces but fucked up my math part of the testing then they told me I couldn't try again for a year.

Second time I tried I couldn't pass the running test, I had to be able to run 2.4 KM in under 11:00 mins, I had around 12:50 ish but at the time I was a huge meat head and was into body building so it was hard running around at 240 lbs solid (almost ripped) pics to prove it too   ..with shin splints but I still got under 13 mins though ... requirements are fucking ridiculous .... you'd think I was joining some fucking special commando unit lol

funny how some countrys make you join no matter what and just about take anyone, then here I am "trying" to get in .... twice !

picky!!!!

Last edited by RaiD (2007-06-25 12:11:00)

Private_Adam
Medic since 1942
+245|6622|United States
After I graduate from high school I will be going to college and then I will become 2nd lieutenant in the USMC.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Private_Adam wrote:

After I graduate from high school I will be going to college and then I will become 2nd lieutenant in the USMC.
lol, ROTC

I have thoughts of joining, Im currently in the D.E.P, but other things are happening that seem more interesting and career advancing than the Corps. I also have a partial scholarship to V.M.I that I might take advantage of.
ZamoII
+11|6190

Private_Adam wrote:

you think its that easy huh? your mistaken.... you are truely what i can call a noob. im in the Teath arms of the British Army, beat that bitch
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

ZamoII wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

you think its that easy huh? your mistaken.... you are truely what i can call a noob. im in the Teath arms of the British Army, beat that bitch
Actually, kind of yes. If you graduate ROTC, you are a 2nd Lt. by default. Which is why its called Reserve Officer Training Corps. Officer being the key word
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6365|The Gem Saloon

stryyker wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

Actually, kind of yes. If you graduate ROTC, you are a 2nd Lt. by default. Which is why its called Reserve Officer Training Corps. Officer being the key word
you just have to prove yourself to everyone who didnt graduate ROTC.
ZamoII
+11|6190

stryyker wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

Private_Adam wrote:

he thinks its that east to pass officer training? lol, what do they do in the american army?! they do a kiddies assault course?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

ZamoII wrote:

stryyker wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

he thinks its that east to pass officer training? lol, what do they do in the american army?! they do a kiddies assault course?
Maybe it will be easy for him? Perhaps he is a natural leader? Who knows.

Oh, and its not the Army, its the Marines. Huge difference.
Parker
isteal

ZamoII wrote:

stryyker wrote:

ZamoII wrote:

i think you might be missing the point of ROTC......
ZamoII
+11|6190
hmm sure..... i think the total of Friendlt fire kills totals more than actual enemy kills... u might want to tell your national guard air force to look at the targets IFF first before it blows the hell out of british forces.... stupid cunts
Parker
isteal

ZamoII wrote:

hmm sure..... i think the total of Friendlt fire kills totals more than actual enemy kills... u might want to tell your national guard air force to look at the targets IFF first before it blows the hell out of british forces.... stupid cunts
how did i know you were going to start with this shit?

and who are you calling stupid cunts?
fitz8402
+10|6581|The Halls of Montezuma
I did 6 years in the U.S.  Marine Corps.  Currently I am on the flight test team thats building Americas finest next gen fighter.  Not a bad job for a student if I do say so myself.  I am also in school full time in hopes of returning to the Corps as an officer.
ZamoII
+11|6190
im kidding guys, but you yanks are renowned for friendly fire lol
Parker
isteal

ZamoII wrote:

im kidding guys, but you yanks are renowned for friendly fire lol
seems we kept it in the right direction when it mattered............im kidding
Fester53D&E
+3|6400|Los Angeles, CA
I did 9 years in the USMC (1996-2005).  Finished up as a Captain.  I was a CH53D and CH53E pilot and instructor.

GOOD FUN!
xXCortoMalteseXx
+11|6121|Some Pub in Valletta
Sgt. in the Finnish Navy Coastrangers (green berrets).
MeanMachine77
+25|6250
[opsec] 1st Lt. Reconnaissance. Austrian Army.

No more Infos. [/opsec] 

Gonna post a pic if a find a decent one...
Here we go...

https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1319/634312776_9c652596d4.jpg?v=0

Last edited by MeanMachine77 (2007-06-26 14:01:28)

ReTox
+100|6469|State of RETOXification
Canadian regular forces "Nitwit" (Naval Weapons Tech) until I totally trashed my right knee, got a medical release in '95.  Unfortunately I didn't get too far in my career.  My father spent 34 years in Artillery though so I get "it".

I have a lot of respect for those that serve and I'd like to say thanks to all those here who have.  Doesn't matter where you're from, the character of a person willing to offer their life to protect their home and heartland is a currency I wish politicians were not so wiling to spend.
icecreamgod
+13|6136
HOLD UP!!! I NEED CLARIFICATION!! ok... so.. I am extremely interested in becoming a 2nd Lt. Officer in the Marine CORPS. Now I have been told that I MUST attend those summer sessions while I am a freshman, sophmore, and junior in college. And my senior year I am off to some other thing. I am currently entering my sophmore year in college. And here it says on the Marine CORPS website for Officer Training.

--PLC (for college freshmen and sophomores) consists of two six-week training sessions between school years at Officer Candidates School. For college juniors, PLC is one 10-week training session at the end of the junior year.

--Seniors and college graduates go through OCC, a 10-week session at Officer Candidates School. For both PLC and OCC, you are paid for your time in spent training.

Now I was under the impression, that it is either of those 2 bulleted options, not both. Am I allowed to wait until I finish college without going to those summer sessions, do the 10 week program (OCC) all in one shot with my BA, graduate the OCC then proceed to The Basic School? Correct?

Last edited by icecreamgod (2007-06-28 11:10:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard