Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6559|Las Vegas
Gotcha! Not another one of those threads!

I am curious Who else out there don't give a whoot about the stats?!?!?
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6557
I honestly care a lot
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6773|Chicago.
I saw the title and was pissed off.... What a plesant suprise.

I could care less about stats. EA will figure it out soon enough.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6652|Washington, DC

They do matter to me. BF2's a fine game and all, but me and Undetected_Killer came to this conclusion today:

BF2 without ranking is like masturbation without orgasming. Sure it's fun, but you never get to the final satiation or final result.
t0mhank5
+319|6734|Surge

Hurricane wrote:

They do matter to me. BF2's a fine game and all, but me and Undetected_Killer came to this conclusion today:

BF2 without ranking is like masturbation without orgasming. Sure it's fun, but you never get to the final satiation or final result.
thats a good point.. and i certainly like the analogy.
I dont mind playing without stats, though it doesnt mean that i totally stop caring about how i do, because im still not sure if the rounds are being recorded and not updated, or not being recorded at all. and dying a lot pisses me off, ranked or not.
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6559|Las Vegas

AdamBenson wrote:

I honestly care a lot
Why? How do they effect game play?
indiandas
+1|6387

Snipingruven wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

I honestly care a lot
It proves to people what you are capable of, in case they wanna see some evidence. I also like to think that it something to strive for, and to help make you a better player. Since there aren't really any "missions" or "quests" in this game, and since higher rankings can take forever to get to, it gives you something to do in between. I think they're one of the best things about BF2, personally.
Djbrown
+129|6518|Adelaide, Aussieland

Snipingruven wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

I honestly care a lot

Snipingruven wrote:

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

LOOK AT YOUR SIG HAHAHAHA

nah, you dont care about stats

Last edited by Djbrown (2007-06-19 23:44:45)

Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6500| Texas
i think this is probably one of the biggest attractors in games that we've ever seen. think about it-would BF2 really be successfull without stats? a large majority of people play this game for huge amounts of time soley for that reason. at a point where most people would have quit, a lot keep going for that "next 100 hours" just so they could get that award. it doesnt get people to buy the game, it just keeps them hooked on playing it.
David.P
Banned
+649|6296

Hurricane wrote:

No truer words have ever been spoken.

Darkfire wrote:

i think this is probably one of the biggest attractors in games that we've ever seen. think about it-would BF2 really be successfull without stats? a large majority of people play this game for huge amounts of time soley for that reason. at a point where most people would have quit, a lot keep going for that "next 100 hours" just so they could get that award. it doesnt get people to buy the game, it just keeps them hooked on playing it.
Yeah thats true i mean we put up with alot of shit from EA just so we could say were better then someone else. And it does rock Especially when you go into a non ranked game and tear it up with the worst weapon, Then they all accuse you of hacking and you just point them to your stats and it shuts them up. T

heres one good thing about bf2 though! It does'nt charge a monthly fee like other MMO's. I mean if you had to pay even 1 dollar per month for a game you already payed for would you? Unless your addicted then... That brings me to my next point. WoW and it's players, Why do so many people pay 15$ a month to be able to slay monsters? Are they trying to live out some childhood dream of Knights and Castle's and such? It makes no sense to me, But i wont bother them if they want to play then fine let them, I have my preferences they have theirs. I learned not to start with that topic. See if they dont bother you dont bother them, Also i have another question. Why did Blizzard charge 40$ for The Burning Crusade? Why could'nt they just give it out for free? I know they have to make money but sometimes you go too far.(Like EA sometimes does) Why does blizzard(which is rolling in dough)charge their users for the ability to gain 10 levels? And why do most MMO rpg players act like snobs to none players? Especially the Final Fantasy ones. Come to think of it why did they treat me like shit after i told them i was an Fps'er? I never said i hated their game or the franchise, I said i did'nt like rpg's because i like fast paced action and teamwork, So what if you have guilds and clans i really dont care about that i wanna be able to join a server meet up with random people and have a fraggin good time. Not wait for everyone to get there so we can go on a quest.

Thats why i dont see the attraction to MMO's people have. I mean sure it's an rpg and sure you can level up. But so what does having a few different items then anyone else really mean? Seriously so what if you can defeat a guy with Magic because it is his weakness, In BF2 nothing is set it's almost all random. A guy with a freakin pistol can take down a squad if he's good enough, Or an AT gunner can destroy an entire tank column(Believe me i've seen it done) with just his 6 rockets. Bf2 is always changing WoW is not, What will an RPG give you that you can use in real life? Ability to "Caste Spells" or "Summon Sprites?" Oh please. BF2 and practically any other shooter game will give you better reflexes and Hand-Eye co-ordination.(Which many doctors need) The only difference is Bf2 will help you co-ordinate all the variables better, The guns act almost like their real life counter-parts, Bullet drop, Recoil, Damage, etc etc all come into effect. It's not like CoD2 or CS:S where it's 100% accuracy or one shot kills with handguns from 50m.

Sorry for the long and de-railing post but i'm tired and when i'm tired i think clearly(ADD stops, Why do you think i'm so good with assault rifles on single and burst? It's because i can click faster then a guy with a macro when i'm really hyper)
Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6559|Las Vegas

Djbrown wrote:

Snipingruven wrote:

AdamBenson wrote:

I honestly care a lot

Snipingruven wrote:

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL

LOOK AT YOUR SIG HAHAHAHA

nah, you dont care about stats
I truly do not care about stats. They are interesting, but I do not play for stats. The sig only lets you know where I am coming from.

There are people out there not even playing because there are no stats right now! To me that is ridiculous.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6671|Washington DC

Please use descriptive and appropriate titles when creating a thread.  If you can't post responsibly in these forums, then don't post.  Spam and misdirecting are not viewed positively on these forums.  Take a few days off and read the rules ... then follow them when you return.

Oh, and for everyone else ... if you want to discuss whether or not you "care about your stats", then use this recent thread:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=70741

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard