Do you care about your stats/awards?

Hell Yeah55%55% - 116
Only my stats13%13% - 29
Only my awards6%6% - 14
I don't give a rats, I just play.24%24% - 51
Total: 210
*=SAS=*Fearosius
+5|6304|Australia
Well do, I only care about a FEW awards but most of all my unlocks:)
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6465|A W S M F O X
Yeah, sorta, its a nice thing to have, i doubt BF would be as good without ranking or stats system, or unlocks XD.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone
yes, But in a personal achievement way... I like to see how well I'm going and awards are a thing to aim at.

But not a look at my E-penis im better then you kind of way....
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6417|...
Nope, I play for fun, it stumps me how people, nade whore karkand, can that actually be FUN???
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6324|Orrstrayleea
Sort of, not to the point of playing 24/7 to make my E-penis huge and my e-gasmo even bigger, but i would be pissed if i got reset, i just try to have fun and have good stats, works sometimes
Stizz
+8|6251|New Jersey

DrunkFace wrote:

yes, But in a personal achievement way... I like to see how well I'm going and awards are a thing to aim at.

Same for me.  Eveyone here has to care about their stats or awards in some form or other, this is a stats site after all.
Doggehspike
~Ð~
+41|6494
No, I hardly play on ranked server now anyway.
gvers
Bad at BF:BC2
+109|6674|The Real World

Stizz wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Same for me.  Eveyone here has to care about their stats or awards in some form or other, this is a stats site after all.
QFT

I use my stats to see how I am doing and to set goals for myself. But the most important thing for me is to enjoy the game.

Last edited by gvers (2007-04-20 02:55:57)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6492|Menlo Park, CA
The only reason I think most people continue to keep playing is to rank up, or improve their stats!

The reason why BF2 is so awesome is that it keeps a tally of your points, rewards, hours played etc.

Its the reason I still play. . . .I want to rank up, and rack up points!
agent146
+127|6388|Jesus Land aka Canada
i am mostly for the unlocks once i get all them i will be satisfied. k/D i am a bit caring. but awards, as i see them are usual time based ie play for 300 hours and get this award. personally i think i play to much bf2 but compared to the rest of the BF2 world, i am still a noob despite that i bought bf2 on the 2nd day of it debut and yet i only played 283:55:56.
_NL_Lt.EngineerFox
Big Mouth Prick
+219|6532|Golf 1.8 GTI Wolfsburg Edition
I play from time to time to get some more hours for a couple of awards but I play PR the most.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6788|Bulgaria
Hell Yeah!!!!!
stats = life

well, that was a joke, but I really like collecting awards and stuff.
BlackKoala
+215|6327
I care.

I care so much that when I go to sleep, I dream about them.  I think about them while I'm eating.  I can never get them off my mind, their my homepage.

[/sarcasm]

No, I don't give a shit about them.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6284|Pennsyltucky

Stizz wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

I agree with the above statements.

I've only been playing about 6 weeks but I'm hooked.

I like the "persistent scoring" system.  I'll even admit it, yes, I like ranking up & getting awards, badges & Medals.  The best ones are the ones you never saw coming, just hearing the drunroll boosts my pulse by 20 %. "Ohhh, oooooooh, oooooh, what'd I get?"

Last week I got frustrated over a medal, I just said "F it " and just played ..... Drumroll please, got my medal.  I'm only about an hour away from my Insurgent Special Servie Medal but I've been playing 2-3 maps a day and trying not to just whore on one.

Stats + Medals = Fun .
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

I play for fun and for stats.

Fun, well because the game is and I wouldnt play it otherwise. Stats are nice to set yourself goals, achievements and all the rest of it. And, to check for new victims
Even with 900+ hours Im still checking my stats page whenever I shut down BF2. They are an integral part of the game and without them, sites such as this one wouldn't exist.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6230|Scotland!
At the moment i don't care about medals or awards, eventually I'll branch out of IO and work on getting medals and stuff.

And when I realised base weapons are better than unlocks with practise, I stopped caring about them too.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I play for fun but I voted for "only awards" it sorta gives me a goal and keeps me playin longer even though I'd still play for fun.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6587|Seattle
unfortunately yeah. but I'm hardly thinking about stats as I play.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6740|The Hague, Netherlands

Cared a bit months ago, to have some goals in Stats (K/D etc) now as you've put it :

"I don't give a rats, I just play."

since I don't play it a lot anymore, maybe once every 2 weeks.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6354|uk

I care about them myself, but i never compare them to anyone else.
Unique01
+1|6207|Malta
I dont wry about awards that much. The most thing i want is ranks.... *dreaming*. I only have 1 rank left for all unlocks, both vanilla and sf, and i just cant wait. Awards come by themselves usually, but the satisfaction u get when u rise a rank and get another 2 unlocks is gr8.
Peace
gunmedown
+5|6424|Hernani, Guipuzcoa
Stats don't mean anything to me, they only prove want a shit player i am, but awards tell me that i am doing something right, some of the time anyway.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6659|California
BF2, Special Forces, Euro Force, and Armoured Fury.... $100

Nvidia 7800gt/oc... Free

Stats and Awards... Priceless
Mercu
+0|6255|Memphis
I mostly play sniper so I don't give a damn about ranks or stats. Maybe accuracy but nothing else. I just want some kills. =\
Drakef
Cheeseburger Logicist
+117|6363|Vancouver
That's the catch.

Statistics are not particularly important, but you find yourself trembling at the thought of receiving a Purple Heart, or perhaps a negative kill/death ratio. And the all important rank! You might say, "I'll play just a little bit more, just so I can get promoted!" That little bit becomes hours and hours over a few days. Yet, your stats may suffer. You are tempted to play more to fix them. That little voice in your head says, "Go ahead. Play Infantry Only on Karkand. Use grenades. Your KDR will be high."

It's what keeps many of us playing. Statistics are all important, and EA knows it. We can have a disappointing time playing the game, but if it keeps our stats looking polished, it may just keep us here.

I used to have much better stats. I used to be the king of Wake Island, a player who thrived by being a superb infantryman in a world of jets and tanks. Yet, I suppose I drifted off somewhere. Maybe too much Kubra. Maybe when they changed the grenade launcher (I was a crack shot). My stats are in ruin now. Sometimes I will spend hours staring at them, almost willing them to be better. Alas, it is not to be. I have accepted that I will never be a great player that everyone looks at and admires.

Instead, I just have fun. I may die thirty times in a round (That may be annoying), but if I'm having fun, then it's worth it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard