too_money2007
+145|6309|Keller, Tx
Map looks ulgy as fuck.... but it's good to have something new. Just need a cobra in it and I'd love it.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6412|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Dictionary wrote:

Highway robbery or "Mugging" takes place outside and in a public place such as a sidewalk, street, or parking lot.
Some of us enjoy discussing this new map, and would like to see more. It's been nearly 8 months since anything has been done for the Battlefield 2 community, and quite a few are more than happy to see something materialize.

It's loaded with ads. Boo-hoo. No one has ever complained about Dice Cream or pink fluffy teddy bear.

thebestshooter wrote:

ohh they should do this and ohhh this map is toooo bright.
Its a BETA map. Expect this to happen, because it obviously needs to be improved before release, and who better to ask than the players themselve?

Lastly, to quote Chuy, If you have nothing to contribute, SHUT THE FUCK UP. You dont like it? Ok, fine, but please explain why and what should be done about instead of what you did say. Oh, and most of us arent dead. Just braindead.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6624|EU

globefish23 wrote:

Hmmm... I have an idea. Let's bring the chip war to the virtual battlefield.

Someone should contact the AMD public relations department and tell them they should pay EA/Dice lots of $$$ to make a brandnew PLA vs. USMC city map, plastered with AMD billboards & ads.

Then repeat the same thing with nVidia and ATI.

Well, could get a bunch of free booster packs & map packs that way and the game will get patched until 2017.
me likes

go for it!!!!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Okay so I just finished a good round and... I love this map!

It is the vehicle-lovers (and vehicle killers) dream. I first spawned as spec-ops and when jihad jeep crazy. When the tanks started to shoot at the cars before I could get in I turned to AT. I used the small hills and trenches to flank the tanks, and shoot at their weak treads. Then I spotted paratroopers, when they got the the ground I n00bt00bed the first and then kill 2 of the remaining three with my P90 before I was killed by an AK-101. Then I saw my SL was near an enemy flag so I spawned on him. We were getting shot at alot by enemy infantry defending but with the help of our tanks providing cover we took the flag easily. Then I hopped into a tank and procceded to the next flag. On the way we meet three enemy tanks but we defeated them with out any trouble. Then we move in to take the flag but the enemy ATs effectively used their cover the hold us off until their tank respawned. I killed that tank but it damaged me so much I had to jump out and fight on foot. I flanked the enemy ATs, knifing and P90ing them, but I was still eventually killed. At the end I had 44 points, 20 kills and 8 deaths.

I like this map.
Nenad1234BGD
+16|6423
It appears to be a map with plenty of potential. Emphasises tank-teamwork and focuses attention on some less often played kits (for an average player at least - AT, Engineer...). I like the fact that on every spawn teams do stand a chance if they play coordinated. Also I think it is good that helicopters are left out but then maybe less mobile AA's should be around. I would expect that the final version will have helis and more jets. That explains the formidable amount of AA on the map.

It is large, straightforward and playable map. Also, getting repair points is now a tiny bit easier.

I personally don't mind the ads, since it does not affect the gameplay that much. Maybe next time - instead of intel, we could get Victoria's Secret or something to sponsor the map...
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6619|InGerLand
Ok so having played this map a bit i really can't see why so many people moan about it, its so brilliant, ok so its laggy and the sun on the ground thing needs fixing, but the sight of three or more tanks/APCs/Mobile AA rolling over the hills at speed and at your lonesome tank is brilliant. Being in a FAV and being chased by other FAV's is a fantastic gameplay change especially with the added bonus of avoided fire from mentioned heavy armour. And it doesn't get to a stale tank on tank match either with the transport choppers and boats for sneak attacks and the two jets to keep things lively even for the most experianced tank driver.

I have even seen so many things i never saw in bf2 before for example earlier today a guy was flying the mig really really low, about 20 metres of the ground, and following the road swaying from side to side just letting his guns do light work of anything on the road, he got through 2 or 3 FAV's and a heavy jeep before a tunguska took him out, and well do you have any idea just how damn cool it is to watch that?

If you arn't a vehicle fan then thats fair enough theres plenty of maps that are not vehicle based and often repeated 24/7 such as karkand, but if you are then this map is for you, its makes for such variety amongst the other maps, and it's completely free.
MrWeeyums
+3|6400|NY
Just finished a real good match in there a little while ago and i must say im pretty satisfied with the map.  Those 1-0 endings really make the match worth it.  Fix the sun on the ground issue and add a few more humvees/vodniks and itll be a real good map.  Theres no other primary tank battle maps like this one.  Reminds me a lot of Operation Smoke Screen tank battles but without being TVed constantly.  If people want bombers and attack choppers to pick off armor go buy euroforce/armored fury.  Leave Tampa how it is (but with more light transports) so we can have an armor battle style map.

Of course if Athlon wanted to make a competing ad map they can feel free to do a USA/PLA city map.
~Ryan
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Every single game i've had of that map has been very frustrating due to horribly unbalanced team stacking and more general unbalance (ie having to be MEC every other game).

I'll give it a few more shots though before i judge. I did like the emphasis on armour.
golgoj4
+51|6775|North Hollywood

thebestshooter wrote:

please close this damn thread already... new maps, who cares, same dead asswipes like yourselves.

let DICE release a Las Vegas map for all i care.
go kill yourself.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
I still have to try this out online tbh. I can't imagine that getting a jet will be much fun, but hey. At least the good part will be that when my team inevitably fails and loses every flag I can empty out the server by flying up to 20,000 feet high and having a nice zero gravity tea party.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6412|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Low altitude bombing runs and flying are AWESOME. Seeing as its mostly flat, barren land, you can easily just go cruising near the ground without having to pull of maneuvers every five seconds. Personally, I just spent about fifteen minutes lapping the landmass in the jet, never going climbing over thirty meters in altitude.

Gonna play this map tonight with people.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Seeing as we're on the topic of new maps, I came up with my idea of a PLA vs USMC urban map (I've only done it in 64 to begin with). USMC have three spawn points to begin with, the Essex, the Loading Cranes and the small arty island to the east of the carrier.
The PLA start with four spawn points, one at the top of a skyscraper that would have to be made. Reached by Blackhawks or AH-1Z.
There are also two neutral points to the east to give the USMC a better foothold on the map.

As for vehicles, USMC end up in total with two Abrams tanks, five DPV's, three HMMWV's, and four LAV-25's (two of which spawn on small island)
Air vehicles include, two Blackhawks and one AH-1Z.
RIB's are also available from the carrier.

PLA end up in total with two Type 98's, five FAV's, three NJ2046's, and three WZ-551's
Air Vehicles include one Z-8 and one Z-10.
RIB's unavailable for PLA.

No mobile AA included although there would be stationary AA and AT.

https://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3159/plaurabnmapkd7.png

I ran this up in like fifteen minutes so its not great, just a basic layout of what I'd liked to see.
I was thinking that maybe some more buildings could be added, but tell me what you think.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2007-06-06 15:12:46)

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
After reconsidering, I think that adding attack helicopters and bombers would ruin the unique playing experience this map provides.
Jameseyy
Banned
+108|6229|Scotland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

Seeing as we're on the topic of new maps, I came up with my idea of a PLA vs USMC urban map (I've only done it in 64 to begin with). USMC have three spawn points to begin with, the Essex, the Loading Cranes and the small arty island to the east of the carrier.
The PLA start with four spawn points, one at the top of a skyscraper that would have to be made. Reached by Blackhawks or AH-1Z.
There are also two neutral points to the east to give the USMC a better foothold on the map.

As for vehicles, USMC end up in total with two Abrams tanks, five DPV's, three HMMWV's, and four LAV-25's (two of which spawn on small island)

PLA end up in total with two Type 98's, five FAV's, three NJ2046's, and three WZ-551's

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3159 … mapkd7.png

I ran this up in like fifteen minutes so its not great, just a basic layout of what I'd liked to see.
I was thinking that maybe some more buildings could be added, but tell me what you think.
I think US would spend all round getting sniped off the carrier. other than that it doesn't look too bad.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

M.O.A.B wrote:

Er...M.O.A.B.? I think you ought to have a look at this:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=74362

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6350|Iowa...

M.O.A.B wrote:

i think it's a solid start,but it looks like it's a little small.also,i wouldn't include attack choppers so that you can keep the feeling of a true city map.i'd take out some of the APCs so each side has two.other than that it looks pretty good.
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6316

golgoj4 wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

please close this damn thread already... new maps, who cares, same dead asswipes like yourselves.

go kill yourself.
you first you Douchebag.....
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

thebestshooter wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

WTF are you talking about.. its true.. i come here to contribute and i have on certain threads and all i hear is a bunch of crybabies. ohh they should do this and ohhh this map is toooo bright.

Highway tampa , more like Highway robbery.
It's a New map, it's a Beta map, we're discussing it, it's the first thread about it..

chuyskywalker wrote:

If you have nothing to contribute...

---------------------------
               SHUT   THE   FUCK   UP
             ---------------------------
sorry SplinterStrike sorta stole your quotes..

Ontopic: I think the respawn times for the Jeeps at the main bases should be quicker, the other flags can stay the same, just seems so hard to get around if you die and no vehicles spawn for 5 mins

Last edited by Fenix14 (2007-06-06 16:45:32)

jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6613|yourmomshouse

thebestshooter wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

go kill yourself.
DON'T LET THEM GET YOU DOWN LOL THIS FORUM IS A CLOWN SHOW . IT'S FUN TO GET THE LITTLE HOMOS MAD HUH?
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6350|Iowa...
i'm guessing you're what...12 maybe?
thebestshooter
Banned
+12|6316

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

B-Scimitar wrote:

Also keep your eyes to the future as this stretch of desert will see combat across two generations of Battlefield.
This part sounds very interesting. Will the map be in the next BF?
No, they are talking about 2142, they're going to put the same map in there.
interesting sig my friend.. it looks like snipers are having fun poping you in the head..  only noobs like yourself say that kinda thing on your sig
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

jrockyourdome wrote:

thebestshooter wrote:

golgoj4 wrote:

go kill yourself.
DON'T LET THEM GET YOU DOWN LOL THIS FORUM IS A CLOWN SHOW . IT'S FUN TO GET THE LITTLE HOMOS MAD HUH?
Liek, OMG! It's cdogmn in disguise! LOLOLOL!
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
UnknownRanger
Squirrels, natures little speedbump.
+610|6346|Cali

M.O.A.B wrote:

That would b teh rape fest.
theit57
I am THE Frodo Baggins.
+124|6400|6 feet under
is there any way you can put this on single player or no, and if you can, how? thanks in advance

btw the only reason is because i'm not always near internet, so i have to settle for single player
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6353|Troy, New York

<^0|7h3-64m3|^0> wrote:

see my screeny? mec won! =P
you win. I was on a non auto balance, and USMC always had 2x the people, no idea why. Me MEC. It cant be played in single player yet, but im sure someone will put bots on it. You can do it with no bots by urself though.

Last edited by h4hagen (2007-06-06 19:02:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard