Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6383|Scotland

venom6 wrote:

- I realized that the MEC DPV had the PLA skin. It was green and had the red star on the side.
Theres a PLA FAV on Jalalalabad too.  Discovered it while playing DPV/FAV jihad tag.  Spawns at the fountain.

Can't see me playing this map much.

Last edited by Apoc-SAS (2007-06-05 17:26:52)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6319|Graz, Austria

cowami wrote:

Island in the bay/gulf (much like globefish said). Runway on island. Island starts out neutral. Bomber spawns there when island is captured. There'd be fights to capture the island, mostly because of the ease of taking out armor convoys afterward. Ideally there'd be an extra APC or two, just to help in that task (capping the island airfield).
The Harrier jet would fit perfectly on a small island. Wouldn't even need to have a runway.
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6647|Spokane, Washington

Anyone else notice the fact that the installer says
"Battlefield 2 - Map Pack 1" ?

This might mean more maps in the future, who knows
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6319|New Haven, CT

cowami wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

This definitely needs a bomber. Armor convoys are way too powerful with tanks.
Hmmm...on that note.

Island in the bay/gulf (much like globefish said). Runway on island. Island starts out neutral. Bomber spawns there when island is captured. There'd be fights to capture the island, mostly because of the ease of taking out armor convoys afterward. Ideally there'd be an extra APC or two, just to help in that task (capping the island airfield).
Both people should get a bomber. The attack chopper they forgot should be on the island.
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6552|Brisbane, Aus

Wow this was unexpected, EA making new maps for intel ads
gwolfman
+1|6232
Are there more maps released that do not come with the retail version other than this one?  Anyone know of a link where I can download all the maps released?

Thanks!
tupla_s
+455|6588|Finland

gwolfman wrote:

Are there more maps released that do not come with the retail version other than this one?  Anyone know of a link where I can download all the maps released?

Thanks!
Wake island 2007 and Road to Jalalabad, which both came in a patch
weasel_thingo
+74|6322

SergeantLister wrote:

Well hope is not a glitch riddled map like some others....
ill look for glitches when i get it, but there are no attack heli's which mean there is less chances of glitching.
then what do i do if i find a glitch do i like post it somewhere??
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6586|Reisterstown, MD

I just played it and it is..meh.  More FAV's, Vodniks, or Hmmmv's for the people who aren't lucky enough to get a tank.  I had to request for a vehicle like 10 times.
AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6530
OMG guys seriously. We have been begging for EA to give us some support, no matter what it was, for months now. I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT WE GOT THIS. EA knows that the BF2 community exists and that they want more content, and we are starting to get more and you all trash it. I dont care about the ads. We got a new map HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6702|67.222.138.85

killer21 wrote:

I just played it and it is..meh.  More FAV's, Vodniks, or Hmmmv's for the people who aren't lucky enough to get a tank.  I had to request for a vehicle like 10 times.
All the maps should be overflowing with FAVs in my opinion. No one likes to wait, and it's not like they are a massive tactical advantage.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6753|06-01
well, i'm glad there is a new map out.
but i'll wait till they have tested every bug out and release it with a new patch (i hope).
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6486|Menlo Park, CA
How do they make this map, and not an urban map??

Everybody plays Karkand, and enjoys that style better!! Why not make an Asian style urban map??

I dont get it! There are PLENTY of tank/air maps in this game. . . .

Lastly. . . .Why not include another Special Forces map?? Insurgents vs. Seals anyone!!!

Either way, I am glad they havent completely forgotten the people who play this game.

Last edited by fadedsteve (2007-06-05 19:06:48)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6770|Noizyland

About time. Bf1942 had heaps of free map additions, BF2 has had one, and that was a remake.

As for the ads, meh kind of expected. I honestly don't care that much. If Intel is sponsoring us getting new free maps then it'd be great if they did it more.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6552|Brisbane, Aus

Bet they'll stick Billboards up in Karkand now imagine the potential revenue
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6753|06-01
to the aussies out there; are there any GA servers loading this map?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6434|King Of The Islands

tthf wrote:

to the aussies out there; are there any GA servers loading this map?
GameArena #19 64p Unranked
GameArena #23 32p Unranked

No 'nodes so far.

Last edited by Cheez (2007-06-05 19:37:18)

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
NordsternMN
+1|6300
I get the feeling that EA/DICE didn't make this map.

Given the sucky layout and plethora of in-game ads, I think Intel made this and paid EA/DICE to include it. EA said "Sure! We'll take your money!"

Also, I can't understand why in the hell beta maps are ranked.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6753|06-01
may have done something wrong during the map installation, now bf2 wont work
gotta reinstall i guess...
damn..
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Stupid EA needs to release a Chinese city map and not more MEC maps.
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6753|06-01
@ cheez

thanks for the info!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6285|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

mtb0minime wrote:

Stupid EA needs to release a Chinese city map and not more MEC maps.
/racism

Meh, that's all that pops into my head after learning about modern poets in English class.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
GR34
+215|6540|ALBERTA> CANADA
WOe thows cheap bastards are giving us an other free map after 6months! OMG OMG SCREW THIS IAM GOING TO PLAY PR WERE YOU GET # NEW MAPS PER PATCH
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6552|Brisbane, Aus

It's easier to do a desert map that it would be a china urban map (although billboard ads everywhere wouldn't look out of place in a city) since you don't have to skin buildings etc just 'make it look sandy'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard