stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6717|California

samfink wrote:

so now EA OWN DICE, who do we blame now?
yourself
p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6399

lowing wrote:

stryyker wrote:

heres how it works

1.) Digital Illusions is the studio that writes the codes for BF2, they produced the game.
2.) EA is the publisher, they have nothing to do with anything in the game except promotion and payment
3.) DICE Canada is the one that produces the patches.
4.) DICE Sweden produced 2142
5.) EA does not own Digital Illusions in full. they own only about 20% of the company.

more notes on 2142:

2142 uses the same engine as Battlefield 2, but not the same codes/models/textures. It is a NEW GAME, not a modification.

Yes, it is futuristic
No, there arent lasers
No, it isnt starwars
No, you dont fight aliens (see Quakewars if you want this)
Yes, there will be a public Beta
Yes, there will be a Demo

More on BF2: if you dont want to support DICE/EA, stop playing BF2.
complaining about the patch wont fix it.
if you cant wait for 1.4, go outside and do something until it does, so we dont have to hear about it.

are we clear?
so, there are no sharks with frickin' lazer beams attached to their heads??
ROFL  +1
SgtMurphy
+11|6538
ok heres my response:

a.  youre right, bf2 isnt star wars, but its junk none the less.  took it back for a refund.
b.  i'll complain about crappy code, crappy support, and crappy companies all I want, and you wont
stop me simple as that.
c. dont like complaints? take your own advice, dont read them. go away, stop visiting forums.
d. who died and made you the boss ?  noone, so stfu.

btw, I guarantee you EA runs DICE, whether its 20% or .002%.  They call the shots. You obviously
dont know anything about the way business' operate in the real world. You see a number, 20%, and say
golly gee thats it!!  (ANNNNK try again)

Last edited by SgtMurphy (2006-11-17 08:04:38)

Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

SgtMurphy wrote:

ok heres my response:

a.  youre right, bf2 isnt star wars, but its junk none the less.  took it back for a refund.
b.  i'll complain about crappy code, crappy support, and crappy companies all I want, and you wont
stop me simple as that.
c. dont like complaints? take your own advice, dont read them. go away, stop visiting forums.
d. who died and made you the boss ?  noone, so stfu.

btw, I guarantee you EA runs DICE, whether its 20% or .002%.  They call the shots. You obviously
dont know anything about the way business' operate in the real world. You see a number, 20%, and say
golly gee thats it!!  (ANNNNK try again)
he makes a valid point.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Slickdawg8
Visit TAW.NET
+58|6775|Long Island
clear.
next
+0|6311
hacker web
Reformed_Psycho
+2|6373|Hereford. UK
Meep meep
Baked Nut
+2|6462|Brisbane, QLD, Australia
No 5 is wrong.....

EA Recently bought DICE out!

And 2142 is crap and it is just a mod......IMO
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6761
necro
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6704|67.222.138.85

Ridir wrote:

necro
die
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle
why is this stickied?
hawaythelads
We are PREMIER LEAGUE!
+84|6484|Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Baked Nut wrote:

And 2142 is crap and it is just a mod......IMO
Yup, all the servers show on the BF2 server browser along with all the player info, Kills Deaths Score....
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle
this is still stickied?

knowing the mod activity around here, this is unbelievable.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-14 21:42:56)

docnutz
+39|6756|B O S T ON area

Marinejuana wrote:

this is still stickied?

He must be swallowing the mod's swords.
SteikeTa
+153|6745|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

Marinejuana wrote:

this is still stickied?

Lol
=)HA(=FemaleDriver
+8|6300
So we are all stupid? Can I ask what age group you are speaking to?  We love bf2 for the most part.  Hate to see the pretend patches work, or not, or supose to work but two months later we all wonder why we CTD, sorry ppl try reinstalling again it works better now.  Who wants these jobs to make it better and plays?????
Non of of us get mad? Non of us wonder why you shoot someone in the head and chest and they can't die but they are looking the other way and kill us?????
Marinejuana
local
+415|6582|Seattle
whyyyy oh why is a post with an ABUSIVE TITLE stickied????? this thread is pretty much a flame to the whole bf2s community, im sick of always seeing the stupid title month after month.

and why is the information within even useful to anyone? who cares where EA and dice's offices are located and who did what? it has nothing to do with the valid complaints people make about the games patches or how 2142 sucks. in fact its irrelevent. we dont need to know any details about EA's corporate schematics in order to comment on the game.

this thread just basically says, "stryyker is a dick and he is allowed to flame whenever he wants while other people get banned daily over less-insulting things like lolcats."

docnutz wrote:

Marinejuana wrote:

this is still stickied?

He must be swallowing the mod's swords.
exactly, its really annoying.

and for that matter, is dezerteagle banned yet?

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-04-04 08:19:35)

Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6265|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Does this seriously warrant a sticky?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6188|Roma

LT.Victim wrote:

stryyker wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

So where's my coffee?
Juan Valdez makes sure you wake up everymorning with a nice cup of fresh brewed coffee, from the misty mountains of Columbia.
I think he was asking for a nice cup of Shut the fuck up?
W00t!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/gibbo88/CUPOFsmall-1.jpg

Last edited by PrivateVendetta (2007-05-16 07:17:46)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
tgust5
+22|6624
thank you for clearing that up.  no seriously....im not being sarcastic...thank you
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6717|Scotland

Marinejuana wrote:

whyyyy oh why is a post with an ABUSIVE TITLE stickied????? this thread is pretty much a flame to the whole bf2s community, im sick of always seeing the stupid title month after month.

and why is the information within even useful to anyone? who cares where EA and dice's offices are located and who did what? it has nothing to do with the valid complaints people make about the games patches or how 2142 sucks. in fact its irrelevent. we dont need to know any details about EA's corporate schematics in order to comment on the game.

this thread just basically says, "stryyker is a dick and he is allowed to flame whenever he wants while other people get banned daily over less-insulting things like lolcats."
QFT
phil-12-12
Banned
+21|6180|c-c-c-Canada
Canada Rules!!!

and you racist french people haters can suck a dick cause your so so fucking ignorant.
t0mhank5
+319|6709|Surge
Why is this a sticky?
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6283|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
Why does everyone keep rezing it?
Suicidal
+20|6506

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Why does everyone keep rezing it?
rezing what?