Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6653|Spokane, Washington

DigitalBattle wrote:

According to ex-DICE employees, there are no more patches planned for the bug-filled multiplayer shooter Battlefield 2. The former DICE members, who now formed their own studio, said via a forum release that patch 1.4 (released last November)was the last BF2 patch, and that all forces at DICE are focused on Battlefield 2142, which is, unfortunately, just as bug filled as its predecessor.

EA and DICE hasn’t mentioned anything about a patch ever since the last one, over six months ago. And they will probably never reveal that no further patches are planned, since that’ll take away the last hope BF2 players have. Since there most likely won’t be an announcement, this will technically remain a rumor forever, just as BF2 will technically remain a bug filled game.
Article: http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/05/21 … s-planned/

Well...I'm not surprised...

Last edited by Unclean009 (2007-05-21 19:45:20)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
The last patch was 1.41
Marinejuana
local
+415|6586|Seattle
bf2 has obvious problems, but im fine with the current patch. its still a better game than just about anything else ive played. i certainly havent played 1300 hours of any other games...
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6632|New Hampshire, USA
I would just like to see that chinese city map.... :'(
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Good.

DICE can put away their sewing machines.
t0mhank5
+319|6713|Surge

Marinejuana wrote:

bf2 has obvious problems, but im fine with the current patch. its still a better game than just about anything else ive played. i certainly havent played 1300 hours of any other games...
True dat.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
What if we design a well balanced chinese urban map and submit it to them, therefore doing nearly all the work?
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

I would just like to see that chinese city map.... :'(
I wonder why no one plays fushe pass 16player map on IO. That map kicks ass. We tried running it on our clan server, but everyone disconnected when we switched to it.

And i have to sign Marinejuana, this game is great even with the bugs.

Last edited by Fredrik (2007-05-21 20:13:29)

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6640|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Ea and Dice are noobz i own them with my rpk whenever they wants !!!!

A 1.42 patch would be so great for this game, but they still focus on 2142 when they know more player still play bf2 !!! FKN NOOBZ !
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6312

S.Lythberg wrote:

What if we design a well balanced chinese urban map and submit it to them, therefore doing nearly all the work?
it is much similar than it sounds, gaming companies spend thousands of dollars on patch creating/ TESTING also releasing the patch would cost thousands of dollars trust me it would never work
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Andoura wrote:

A 1.42 patch would be so great for this game, but they still focus on 2142 when they know more player still play bf2 !!! FKN NOOBZ !
Llllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll

1.42 is the next patch! And teh game after BF2 wuz 2142!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NUBZ!

What? I'm imitating my French Canadians.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

cowami wrote:

Andoura wrote:

Llllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllll

1.42 is the next patch! And teh game after BF2 wuz 2142!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NUBZ!

What? I'm imitating my French Canadians.
cowami... you know i love you

annddd im the one who says loooooooooooollllllll fuckaaaa

......looolllll
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

S.Lythberg wrote:

I bet even if private mod teams made a complete patch fixing almost all errors/that china urban map people want. EA 'might' slightly consider it, but I highly doubt it.

It's sad news but we all really expected as much..
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279
How come some franchise can't buy it out from them and add to it to make it what is should be.

Pretty LAME EA!
Villain{NY}
Banned
+44|6345|New York
I guess we'll have to focus our false hope on BF3.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6346|Twyford, UK
Only stuff I'd like to see in a patch is some fix to the rampant lag issues.

And maybe a 'defend ME, dammit!' order for commanders. Came across that twice today, people deciding to hunt me down and kill me.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

The game right now is fine.  The only thing I would want changed is the requirement for the armor badge 50/150 to go along with the others.  Other than that, they can leave the game alone.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?

killer21 wrote:

The game right now is fine.  The only thing I would want changed is the requirement for the armor badge 50/150 to go along with the others.  Other than that, they can leave the game alone.
400hrs in a fkn tank !!!!!!! this is imposible... i made the 100hrs 2day and i made my veteran and im fkn sick of tanks i will not touch armor for the rest of my pwnage in this game... I/O FTW !
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6578|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
OKay so nore more patch! Im okay with that...but like many other i want a Chinese infantry map.
David.P
Banned
+649|6275
Motherfuckers! Then give the modders a chance to fix the bugs. Guys if you want them to give us another patch stop playing 2142!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6291|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

David.Podedworny wrote:

Motherfuckers! Then give the modders a chance to fix the bugs. Guys if you want them to give us another patch stop playing 2142!
I <3 David when he's angry. Which is all the time.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

The whole article reads like an angry, impotent 8th-grader. It's chock-full of grammatical errors, has the wrong patch number and is heavily biased. Not exactly a shining example of world class journalism. My guess is that some this is the handiwork of some intern who's pissed that everyone is pwnr1zing him every time he plays.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6707
What?  Are you really surprised?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
how is that inappropriate?

Last edited by ig (2007-05-21 22:56:54)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
I could have told you this 4 months ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard