Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6573|Philadelphia, PA

Dsp-CS- wrote:

ive played hl2 and loved it, this seems like its gonna be better, ive always wanted to know what happend after hl2 so
I love HL2 also. I can't wait for the Episode 2 and 3 to be released. I'm just wondering if Episode 1, 2 and 3 will be the end of the Half-Life series or if there will be a Half-Life 3.
falafel
+5|6300
wow strange i havn't seen this stuff before
it seem to be REAL different from hl2 / e1. those illuminating larvae are creapy

+1
Big McLargehuge

falafel wrote:

it seem to be REAL different from hl2 / e1.
It very different from Ep 1. Instead of being confined to City 17 you are roaming through the outskirt forests of City 17. I'm also really looking forward to going inside a Antlion colony.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-01-10 19:31:40)

stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

the strider buster looks useful
Big McLargehuge

stryyker wrote:

Yes it does. Now I won't have to hit the strider with 5 RPGs to kill it.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

Big McLargehuge wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Yes it does. Now I won't have to hit the strider with 5 RPGs to kill it.
energy bombs > RPG
Big McLargehuge
Thread updated with new pictures and articles.
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6627|perv
OMGMUSCLECAR!!!1111!!111one
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
I would get it for TF2 alone.
Big McLargehuge

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

I would get it for TF2 alone.
Here is a video with some never before seen TF2 video and developer interview.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6450|Somewhere else

Too bad steam is a complete nightmare.  Hell, I own HL2 E1 and have never played it.  I refuse to fuck with steam anymore.  I would honestly wait for these valvegames to come out in a 10$ greatest hits pack in 8 years, just to avoid messing with that shit.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
I think steam is good. It means no matter which comp i go on i can play my games . Also automatic updates and fixes are always welcome.

It was only a problem when i didnt have braodband.

I recently got Episode 1 (for some reason it was reduced recently to $9.99 and its definitely worth that) and i thought it was good stuff. New gameplay mechanics and challenges. Episode 2 looks good too.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2007-05-13 16:12:38)

Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

I never even finished HL2, I should probably get on to finally beating it.
Big McLargehuge

Hurricane wrote:

I never even finished HL2, I should probably get on to finally beating it.
It's a great game, you should finish it and then get Episode 1.

Also, a new screen shot, shacknews.com article and video (Black Box trailer) added.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-15 16:25:16)

Big McLargehuge
Half-Life 2 Black Box cancelled. http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790013p1.html

IGN.com wrote:

May 18, 2007 - Half-Life 2: The Black Box is no more. The package, which was to offer Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2, has been officially cancelled by Valve.
Basically, the article says that if you want to play Episode 2 you have to re-buy HL2 and HL2 Episode 1 all over again.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-19 20:30:37)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Big McLargehuge wrote:

IGN.com wrote:

May 18, 2007 - Half-Life 2: The Black Box is no more. The package, which was to offer Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2, has been officially cancelled by Valve.
Basically, the article says that if you want to play Episode 2 you have to rebuy HL2 and HL2 Episode 1 all over again.
I think you can still buy episode 2 ala carte, there just is no bundle for those who own hl2 .. silly imo ...
Big McLargehuge

jsnipy wrote:

Big McLargehuge wrote:

IGN.com wrote:

Basically, the article says that if you want to play Episode 2 you have to rebuy HL2 and HL2 Episode 1 all over again.
I think you can still buy episode 2 ala carte
Maybe there will be a way to buy them individually through STEAM (even though I'd prefer buying them in the box). I don't feel like re-buying two games I already own just to play Episode 2.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-19 19:24:27)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6167|Winland

I've played out Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One too many, not to say all too many times! I'm a big fan of the series. As an FPS it's not the best of the best, but the story is just... Wow! It's unbelievable how they can manage to get such a good story into a game! It's more like an interactive movie than an FPS.

H A L F - L I F E   2   O W N S ! ! ! ! !
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Big McLargehuge wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Big McLargehuge wrote:

I think you can still buy episode 2 ala carte
Maybe there will be a way to but them individually through STEAM. I don't feel like re-buying two games I already own just to play Episode 2.
yeah ... i only buy them through steam to begin with ... they need something .. steam does nothing but peddle oddball games now.
Hurricane
Banned

I smell some EA trickery. The old Valve would never do this

Anyways I'm going through HL2. So far so good, it definitely starts off a bit slow but once you get the gravity gun it's very fun I've just started Our Benefactors, probably gonna finish the game tomorrow and maybe start EP1.

edit: What the fuck is Valve thinking? $50?! They better be damn well worth it...

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-05-19 19:50:02)

Volatile
+252|6674|Sextupling in Empire

I hope I can purchase portals alone. I'm no longer interested in their far past due "episodic" continuation of the series. There was nothing new or interesting in the last episode, and I found the gameplay to be boring and repetitive.

The only thing that will renew interest will be rave reviews upon its release.
Big McLargehuge

Hurricane wrote:

I smell some EA trickery. The old Valve would never do this

Anyways I'm going through HL2. So far so good, it definitely starts off a bit slow but once you get the gravity gun it's very fun I've just started Our Benefactors, probably gonna finish the game tomorrow and maybe start EP1.
I'm glad to know you're enjoying it.

What the fuck is Valve thinking? $50?! They better be damn well worth it...
I actually I think that's a really good deal for five separate games. When you think about it, if you buy a one new PC game it'll cost around $50, and a new PS3/360 game will cost about $60. Even though I'm a little pissed that I have to re-buy two games I already own (HL2,Ep1) so I can play Ep2, I still think that 50 bucks for four really good games and one free game is still a good deal.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-19 20:09:14)

Hurricane
Banned

Big McLargehuge wrote:

I actually I think that's a really good deal for five separate games. When you think about it, if you buy a one new PC game it'll cost around $50, and a new PS3/360 game will cost about $60. Even though I'm a little pissed that I have to re-buy two games I already own (HL2,Ep1) so I can play Ep2, I still think that 50 bucks for four really good games and one free game is still a good deal.
Flash back to March/June of 2006, when the BF2 booster packs were coming out. Let's say EF and AF were bundled into one booster pack and let's say that it came with BF2 and cost $50. Now, from a value standpoint, it's totally worth it. A $70 value at $50. BUT BUT BUT, we already have BF2! Why would we want to buy and pay for it again?

Same dealio with HL2 EP2. We already have HL2 and EP1; there's NO need for us to get it again. They would NOT have lost ANY money by having the Black Box option at least available on Steam; if anything they'd make more money. The people with both HL2 and EP1 would get the Black Box, while people who don't own either would get the Orange Box and enjoy HL2 in full.

This Lombardi dude's a tool.
Big McLargehuge

Hurricane wrote:

Big McLargehuge wrote:

Flash back to March/June of 2006, when the BF2 booster packs were coming out. Let's say EF and AF were bundled into one booster pack and let's say that it came with BF2 and cost $50. Now, from a value standpoint, it's totally worth it. A $70 value at $50. BUT BUT BUT, we already have BF2! Why would we want to buy and pay for it again?

Same dealio with HL2 EP2. We already have HL2 and EP1; there's NO need for us to get it again. They would NOT have lost ANY money by having the Black Box option at least available on Steam; if anything they'd make more money. The people with both HL2 and EP1 would get the Black Box, while people who don't own either would get the Orange Box and enjoy HL2 in full.

This Lombardi dude's a tool.
Good points. I'm sure Valve doesn't feel bad about giving people that already own HL2 and Ep1 the shaft, so long as the money keeps rolling in.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge (2007-05-19 20:22:34)

Hurricane
Banned

Guess so. I'll probably end up buying it anyways. Again, if the big three (EP2, TF2, and Portal) are worth their weight in gold (well, money) then I guess it's not so bad

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard