Inimicus_7
+26|6376|England, UK
No, no and no.

The best way to survive Arty is to prevent it.

Find the enemy commander, get your trusty friend on his team to spawn medic and...Kidnap!
If the enemy commander is being kidnapped he won't have time to launch those pesky artillery strikes, or aid his team by spotting enemies, or provide UAVs, car/supply drops.
Also you get lots of points and so does your friend who is reviving him!
WIN-WIN.

Seriously kids: Don't pad, it doesn't increase your e-penis length, it's the same as shoving rolled up socks down your underwear to make it seem bigger...just on the internet.

Last edited by Inimicus_7 (2007-04-30 17:16:35)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)

Aegis wrote:

Havok wrote:

Umm...  is this a joke?  Nothing new here.
Oh isn't it? Show me another artillery survival guide then
Did I hear someone say Search?

hint: click the link...
Capt.Irviding
I like big butts, and I cannot lie.
+13|6240
I just stand still
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6768
Good tips, man.
Also, if you are AT, aim your Eryx to the sky and try to collide your missile with the incoming arty missile.  If you hit it, the explosion will be above your head and be harmless.  (This is an exploit they will fix in the next patch, but keep using it until then.)

And another...if you are playing FF-off, you are gay.  Very gay.  But hey, roll with it, sailor.  If you are Spec-Ops in FF-off, quickly surround yourself with three (or more) packs of C4 and click-click-boom.  It should blow you (and friends?) above the impact zone of the arty strikes and ensure survival.  (EA does not consider this an exploit, and there are no plans to kill it in next patch.)
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6780|Cambridge (UK)
I predict this thread will get closed about 5seconds after a mod comes online...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6338|Graz, Austria
  • If you are in visual range of the enemies artillery cannons, watch where they are aiming and turning.If the angle is 90°, you can be sure it'll rain down near you.
  • Buy a good sound card and a surround sound system and you'll simply hear the artillery cannons firing anywhere on most maps.My Audigy 2 ZS with a Labtec 5.1 system works nice.
  • Always join a squad! The commander can only warn whole squads of incoming friendly arty strikes.Also, always check for the red arty symbol on the radar.
  • If hit by strike, get cover in a closed building. In an open building the splash damage may get you.
  • Get in an armored vehicle. Sitting on top of a tank or AA won't help you much.
  • If you have no armored vehicle, you can try jump into a DPV or buggy and get out of the splash damage area fast. That saved my ass several times with a few health bars left.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6468|Ontario, Canada

teamorange wrote:

i demand a sticky and a wiki on this remarkable article
lol, agreed   [/sarcasm]
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6489|Foothills of S. Carolina

I just look straight up, and honestly I dont think I have had an arty strike hit me while looking straight up. I wish I did, I wanted to see the shell blotting out the sky, ya know?
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6304|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Actually, isn't the game programmed so that if you're in a vehicle, you're more likely to be hit by artillery? I remember reading that somewhere.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
albino cookie
The only Karkand whore who doesn't medic whore
+12|6312|katrina sucks
i got a part of the guide!!

STAND THERE AND IF YOU GET LUCKY YOU MAY CATCH THE ARTY SHELL!!good luck with that though
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6343

Canin wrote:

I just look straight up, and honestly I dont think I have had an arty strike hit me while looking straight up. I wish I did, I wanted to see the shell blotting out the sky, ya know?
Yep, just look straight up and if you see the artillery shell coming down run away from it! Its just like dodging traffic, look for the next one coming down and run away from it. Rinse and repeat.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6731|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
I'm still convinced that some accounts are just cursed cause whatever I do, run, stand still, hide in a corner, everything, I still die.  In fact whenever I'm in an arty zone the only thing I usually hear is the first half of the shell whistling before I go sailing across the map courtesy of one of the shells.
evilcartman99
The Octagon
+18|6427|da ville, va
Hiding under a vehicle or in a building doesnt work. The vehic will blow up or the arty finds a way into the building, trust me. Standing still and watching everyone else get killed is so much better and works 7/11 times.
weasel_thingo
+74|6341
i will always die in them,
ok im waiting for a jet on wake the chinese commander arties the carrier 3 people right next to me live i die and sometimes one other person will die
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6342|105 RVK
Never knew that, 1+
Vernedead
Cossack
+21|6248|Albion
time it right and run towards the barrage, i'm not going to lie often i get artilleried but sometimes theres the magical moment were the barrage just as i arrive and i get to shoot all the people cowering under rocks.
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6282|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Bunny hop FTW!!!!!111
octothorpe
+2|6231
The best way to avoid an artillery strike is to play in the same game as me, be on my team, and stay far far away from me.  Seriously.  Sometimes I feel like I'm in some obscure version of those old Michael Jordan commercials for McDonalds ... "Off the tv tower, off the flag, down the ladder, over the wall, nothing but flying corpse."
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6664
trying to be funny fails for a selected few.

Teddy
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6478|A W S M F O X
I fail to see where this either new, helpful or even remotely topic worthy, welcome to Fail.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6773|Denmark

elite3444 wrote:

ok if u wanna know how to survive artillery there r a few ways.

1.You hear it firing. RUN!!!!

2.It's too late and u about to be rained on, prone under the tallest thing u can find. if it is trees get as much under them as possible

3. If there isnt anything to hide under......RUN FOR UR FRICKIN LIFE!!!!!!!.

4. Another is get in the nearest armored vehicle

DONT EVER TRY TO RUN FAR TO COVER FROM ARTILLERY YOU WONT MAKE IT
uhh, I'm afraid you'll get a lot of people killed that way! I could be wrong, but I have played BF2 for 1012:15:24...

I find that the best thing is to stay completly still! IMO, if you hear the incomming shells - let go of your mouse and keyboard.. unless you are VERY close to cover.. people get hit when they try to run away.. stay put in your foxhole and watch the noobs run headlessly around and get killed..

NB: it dosnt work every time.. but I (personally) find it the most effective way of surviving a arty strike.. I know it goes against the instincts of running to safty..

anyways, listen or dont listen, its just my sence.. and good luck..
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6580|Area 51
I have some kind of sound bug so 90% of the time I can hear artillery fire even if I'm like across the other side of the map, I will check my map if it isn't our or else run like hell! It comes in pretty handy though in clanwars, shouting ''ARTY!!'' all over TS
eisBär
+22|6259|Germany
Survive arty: avoid being "This guy"

Guy running towards door of building. The shells seem to know where the entrance of a building is and exactly when your toes will cross the plain of the door and it will hit at the exact same time as you try to enter the door.

Guy on good kill streak. If you are on a good kill streak, notice whose name appears first on the arty death list when it pops you.

YOU. avoid being YOU. ever notice how there shells that are "just for you"?  You'll get a fair number of these when the very last shell hits you on the top of your head around 5-10 seconds after the last shell. Just when you thought it was over, there is a shell just for you.

Outside of friendly arty ring guy. If you are near the edge, but JUST OUTSIDE of the "arty ring" on the mini map and trying to avoid getting hit by the friendly arty, you will die more quickly than the other friendlies that just rushed in with no regard to the warning.

Spec. Ops guy with C4 rigged to a nearby flag when the enemy is advancing on that flag? You'll be the first to die unless you are under cover. Seriously, I've been under cover in this situation and nobody else near me died because almost all of the shells hit directly above my head. Don't believe me? Try it, but don't head for cover, see whose name is first on the list of arty-deaths.

Guy doing something. If you are doing something, anything at all that may be useful to your team, you are more likely to die than the noobs standing around you who aren't doing anything.

Not noob guy. If you are not a noob, you will be creamed before the noobs unless you find cover.

Guy in portable toilet. This one is just obvious, he's a sitting duck.

Last edited by eisBär (2007-05-01 03:45:20)

Mint Sauce
Frighteningly average
+780|6301|eng
i wudda thought if u have any common sense, as soon as u hear commander saying "Artillery, your area!", that would give you a slight clue to RUN LIKE THE CLAPPERS. If that fails, when the first shell touches down, look up at the sky, and fire your gun in the air, going out with a bang!!

I'm sorry, i'm severely retarded.
#rekt
LionEyez
+4|6635
What about being in a tank in the middle of an arty strike?

I've been artied a lot while capping a flag in a tank, and theres been several times that I've died (full health-> destroyed) seemingly in one hit. So does a direct hit from above kill a tank?

It seems the chances of such a hit are quite slim, as I've never managed to do it as Commander, as far as I know.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard