BVC
+325|6665
RAM = Real Action Marker.

Think paintball, but using a .43 cal round (rubber also available), with reasonably realistic ammo loads and shell casings.  And the guns are as realistic as a paintball gun can be.

www.nztga.co.nz is a NZ-based tactical gaming organisation, which seems to do nothing but RAM now.  Have a look in the gallery and video sections.

(And Ty, you should get a RAM and join )

Last edited by Pubic (2007-04-27 04:57:53)

Choclot
+21|6512
Shit man, if I ever take a trip 2 New Zealand, im doing that...im in Sydney, so its only a short swim..maybe I could sail there? Is that even legal? lol.
BVC
+325|6665
Heh, as long as you stop into customs and say "yo im in yr country" I'm sure it is

One thing, full auto is illegal here, for RAM and airsoft.  Not that I'm worried, means my ammo goes further
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6291|Australia QLD
I used a balloon and and a half of 600ml coke bottle.
Balloon grips to the screw-on part of the bottle tip. You get the idea.
But seriously, if they won't bring back Airsoft in Australia, i will have to get blueprints of a cheap plastic one, and make one myself.. (out of metal).
Choclot
+21|6512

Pubic wrote:

Heh, as long as you stop into customs and say "yo im in yr country" I'm sure it is

One thing, full auto is illegal here, for RAM and airsoft.  Not that I'm worried, means my ammo goes further
AIRSOFT IS LEGAL??? NOW IM DEF GONNA B THERE MAN!! give me some sweet fields lol.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6700|Uhh... erm...
When I was young, I made a miniature bow with a plastic build-a-crap ice cream stick and a rubber band. It shot satay sticks clean through cardboard.
BVC
+325|6665

Choclot wrote:

AIRSOFT IS LEGAL??? NOW IM DEF GONNA B THERE MAN!! give me some sweet fields lol.
Not on full auto, same rules as RAM.  Our local group has some sweet fields though; some commercial fields around a pine forest which we've just been given permission to play on, and a couple of old hospitals!

Last edited by Pubic (2007-04-27 05:47:47)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
You do more damage with a folded piece of paper and an elastic band, it hurts. Trust me ive been hit in the eye 4 times by the pellets.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6729|San Antonio, Texas
Potato gun > Lemon Launcher > Paintball gun > Airsoft gun > Glove gun.
BVC
+325|6665
^ I've used all of these bar a lemon launcher...is it some sort of scaled-down spud gun?
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas
Spud Gun FTW
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6433|A W S M F O X
All i can say is that im glad i got my BB guns in from Japan......XD
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Pubic wrote:

^ I've used all of these bar a lemon launcher...is it some sort of scaled-down spud gun?
Yeah, it's basically a scaled down potato gun that can fire lemons or limes, I also built one that can fire key limes, it's a lot cheaper to buy key limes instead of the lemons/limes/potatoes, it sounds like a .45 going off and can penetrate ~10" into a mound of dirt.
hate&discontent
USMC 0311 SEMPER FI
+69|6358|USA, MICHIGAN

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

spud guns are very fun, just be careful that you don't put a hole through the neighbors fence.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

hate&discontent wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

spud guns are very fun, just be careful that you don't put a hole through the neighbors fence.
I don't live in a subdivision, so there aren't any fences to put holes in.
Greenboi
+14|6336
how far do those things fire? my house backs on to a canal which idiots like to walk along and make noise fairly often...i might make one and shoot them from the roof..

although i have no idea how to make 'em, pics would be good (did i miss them?)
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6292|Orrstrayleea

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Wait.....Is the lemon canon the one you use and aresol can and light it on fire=prupolsion of lemon/orange? If thats what im thinking about that is sweat.....We made one down the river, knocked over a cow from 60m+
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Pea....Tear.....Griffen wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Wait.....Is the lemon canon the one you use and aresol can and light it on fire=prupolsion of lemon/orange? If thats what im thinking about that is sweat.....We made one down the river, knocked over a cow from 60m+
YES! They are so awesome!

Greenboi wrote:

although i have no idea how to make 'em, pics would be good (did i miss them?)
Here one I found on the web:

https://www.boredsheepless.com/boredsheepless/wp-content/lemon.jpg

The chamber is made out of a 4" tube and the barrel 1 1/2" for the lemon launcher and 1" for the key lime launcher. I use super-hold hairspray for the aerosol and a lamp lighter for the ignition.

The lemon launcher goes about 400 feet and the key lime launcher goes about 550 feet. Both while going about 100 feet in the air...

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-04-27 16:16:19)

Choclot
+21|6512
I got a potato gun. might post pics later. Nearly exploded adn killed me when me and my mates first tryed it lol. Is any one else gonna post pics?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard