Pycroft1978
+0|6693
I looked but couldn't find a guide to flying airplanes.  To do it successfully, do you require a joystick, or do people do it well with keyboard/mouse?  Any tips?
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6737|California

its personal preference, really, some say a joystick is the best, i personally like  WASD best, cause im used to it, and im a better poilt then most as well! i have a jpystick, but i cant use it effectively.
use W and S for speed, A and D for strafing, and the mouse to move and fire, works pretty darn well.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6758|United States
Here's a tip:  Use Search.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=5321

I use my mouse, and I got a 4:1 k/d ratio in a jet.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2006-01-16 19:24:46)

oberst_enzian
+234|6760|melb.au

Bert10099 wrote:

my precious, fragile ego simply cannot accept that this is true... a mouse you say?
Maj.Do
+85|6769|good old CA
i cant use a mouse, i sometimes use a joystick, i mainly use my keyboard use i started out with it im used to it.  i  still suck i only have like a 1.12 KD ratio
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6718
i use a mouse and keyboard to fly, and though i dont have much time in one i scratch out a 5:1 ratio.
I have a logitech g5 with adjustable accuracy though, so for manoeuvring i just have to push 1 button and it becomes twice as sensitive. I still do alot of lifting and scrolling though, my wrist gets tired after a while.

I havent tried using a joystick, but i can see how it would be better for dogfighting and the like.

and theres already a guide for flying in the featured post section... http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=5321
sniper7.xw
+1|6791
i use a keyboard and mouse and have a 3.95 ratio, i've heard alot that joysticks help out your flying alot, but i think i do fine as it is
Hyper
Banned
+154|6768
i use my mouse and my ratio is 7.56
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6792|Noizyland

I don't fly often. I've found that when I'm in the air my computer chooses to lag or freeze until I'm "safely" back on the ground. No idea why. It's not ping or graphics or anything. It may have fixed itself now, but I don't really fly any more. I have a 1.83 ratio. I'm okay with it.

Oh and I used a joystick once while flying in BF1942 which was suggested by everyone, and I sucked. I switched back to mouse and fried he bastards. Just my preferance though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6761|Malaga, EspaƱa
ofcourse u can do great with a mouse if u stay out of the locks of other planes and Ground AA defences..and i like me.. i used the SU34 and i just bomb the shit out of ground units...at the end of the round i came out with 38 kills and 2 crashes...(thought that enemy chopper wouldnt pull up that hight lol)
but i stayed out of planes for a long time (karkland sickness) but now i,m going back to the 3 rounds a map EA servers. need a little change in my gameplay once in a while...and its good for my fun too.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6758|United States

oberst_enzian wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

my precious, fragile ego simply cannot accept that this is true... a mouse you say?
Aviator Time:  29:13:30 KIlls:  2,713   Deaths:  657   Ratio:  4.13   Road Kills:  248

Check my stats:  http://bf2s.com/player/45814563/

And, yes, I use my good 'ol mouse.
TC><Injecter
+4|6845|Berlin, Germany
I use keyboard (my ratio is shit because still I don't really can drop bombs to the right place)... Bought a joystick few weeks ago and its better for dogfighting if you get used to it... BUT: for the rest of the flying atm I'm more secure with my keyboard (WASD and arrows). But that will change too and then Ill rock with da joystick.
BeefnCheez
+0|6762
screw the mouse, maybe my sensitivity isnt high enough, but Arrow keys ftw.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6826|Marathon, Florida Keys
I use a mouse+keyboard
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Boyes
+0|6693
keyboard and mouse= 
Kills         Deaths    Ratio
11,076      613      18.07
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6736|Melbourne, Australia
i hardly get into jets unless i see a realy shit pilot who keeps whoring it .. doesent get any kills and then goes bak to airstrip to try again i wait der with him an tell him that hes had hes trys an he should give sumone with more skill a shot that way we can win.. most of the time they call me a n00b but wat do u exspect ey.. so when i get em i sit der for 5 minz tellin them to move from the path of my jet an if i finaly get off the air strip i use mouse and keyboard my friend showed me hes skill with just keyboard an its convinced me to try it but its just to wierd :p
G/SiLo
+-2|6693|why do u care
WASD and arrow buttons
                         kills death   k/d ratio      road kills(kamikaze)
Aviator 17:36:44 557 290     1.92              93
slidero
Joystick, although a fairly cheap one.  (extreme 3d pro)
Boufo
+0|6696

slidero wrote:

Joystick, although a fairly cheap one.  (extreme 3d pro)
yep, the cat's meow when it comes to bang for your buck in joysticks. and since we're comparing, my aviator k/d is 9.38.

there's a reason real life fighter jets don't come equipped with a mouse and joystick as flight controls.

if you are really interested in flying splurge and get a js. if you're just hacking about then go with whatever works for you.

- i be boufo

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard