SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!
I was thinking about the BF2S server and i got a idea

i was just in the bf2s ranked server (there was only me in it )   peronaly i think its quiet because:
1) its empty and no one likes to go in a empty server
2) possably not to many people know about it.

so.....   wouldnt it be a good idea for you (or someone involved in BF2S team) to arange a time and things, post it on the forums and then maby once it was full and everyone at BF2S knew about it, it might stay full/fullish......   

i know i would be in the line to join it and im sure others would be to, would be nice to play with people you saw about the BF2S forums

an its ranked so.....

anyway, just a idea i thot i wud bring up
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
It was filling up pretty good last night, but people started leaving after a few rounds.
Buffnuggles
+11|6703|The Hague, Netherlands
What's the IP of this server???????
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!
ohh, then maby my idea would get it full up and stay that way , what you think about it trigger?

ill add the server to my fav list so i can notice if anyone is in the server so next time theres people in ill join up
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

Buffnuggles wrote:

72.36.222.172 - default port
Lestat<CoN>
Didnt Do it
+9|6674
What Country is it in? is it in the states im and Aussie so if it is i cant join otherwise too high aping and lag everyone out
S4INT05
+1|6700|79605, TX
i was in it earlier and a few others, but it wasn't full enough to get a game going. GET IN THE SERVER PEOPLE!
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6811|Cologne, Germany

It's great to have a ranked server for this community, so people from the States can meet there for a couple of games. The downside is that the server is located in the USA, so all the forum members in Europe are basically left out. No one wants to play with pings of 200ms.

That's why I have talked to chuy about getting a ranked server from bf2s.com in Europe. That way, all the members from around the EU can get together for a game or two just like the US guys. The problem is that chuy is kind of hesitant towards advertisement on the site ( servers aren't for free, and ads would help looking at the number of hits this site gets per day ).

Then again, chuy does have an ad for Branzone ( sponsors of the US ranked server ) on the site. One more wouldn't hurt, I suppose...

Obviously, there is nothing more useless than a server no one plays on.

Accordingly, I put forth the following questions to the EUmembers of this community:

1. woud you support a ranked server from bf2s.com in Europe ? Play there regularly, that is...
2. can you provide sponsor help if needed ? I know a lot of you work in IT or have jobs with companies that could possibly support gamers
3. what is your stance on ads on bf2s.com ? as chuy has said, this site gets millions of hits per day. with that kind of traffic, we should be able to find a sponsor easily, as long as he can put up a small banner on the site ( like Branzone does now ).

Of course, as this is Chuy's site, he has the final say, but I'd love to hear your opinions on this issue.
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

B.Schuss wrote:

1. woud you support a ranked server from bf2s.com in Europe ? Play there regularly, that is...
2. can you provide sponsor help if needed ? I know a lot of you work in IT or have jobs with companies that could possibly support gamers
3. what is your stance on ads on bf2s.com ? as chuy has said, this site gets millions of hits per day. with that kind of traffic, we should be able to find a sponsor easily, as long as he can put up a small banner on the site ( like Branzone does now ).
1 - yeah i would game there nearly all the time (as long as i wasnt the only one )
2 - im affraid not
3 - dont mind about the adds
Silverwolf
+0|6652
1. Aussie, so no, US or EU, my ping would be maxing out (unless I end up moving into the city n can get myself a 24000kb connection, in which case I'll come giv u boys some hell sometime )
2. UNI student = tight wallet
3. Adds don't bother me at all as long as they ain't popups

Thought I'd follow Lynx's example n keep it short n sweet
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6681
man i would be in a europian server 24/7 would be so cool playing people you know on the forum great place to meet even more people, as banners go just bang a NVIDEA one on here im sure they would pay loads, high trafic website, gaming enthuiasts (excuse the spelling) or if your a ATi fanboy put one of them here im sure no1 would mind or care, your site you do what you want to do

Last edited by JaM3z (2006-01-27 23:55:49)

tehmoogles
Don't touch the pom-pom!
+7|6680
European Server eh? Put it near to Cyprus (I can't find ANY like that) and I'll love you forever.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I am going into my little iCafe in town to play BF2 on Monday, (in two days, Sunday for most people,) and play as much as I can. I waill again try to find the BF2S server, and stay there for a while. It'd be nice to catch up with some of you.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
I'll stop in sometime..
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

B.Schuss wrote:

Of course, as this is Chuy's site, he has the final say, but I'd love to hear your opinions on this issue.
1) If its admined properly sure! I went on the bf2s server a couple of weeks ago and i had a ping of 120 and it took me a whole clip of the g36e to kill triggerhappy due to major lag.
2) Not really but it shouldnt be that hard i guess.
3) The ads on bf2s are okay, as long as they aint flashy, i ve got no problems with it at all.

I would love an eu ranked bf2s server! Btw it aint that hard to get a ppl on an empty server, we justy have to agree on what time we ll be playing on it every day. So it fills up every day at the same time.
Lt.Maverick|Lw|
youve now just been Pwned by the Mavster
+-1|6694
Wootage EU server ftw....short an sweet is my motto
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6808|A Small Isle in the Tropics

Strangely enough, tthf and I were just discussing on the possibility of setting up a ranked Asian BF2S.com server but neither one of us knew how to go about doing it..
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.

mikeshw wrote:

Strangely enough, tthf and I were just discussing on the possibility of setting up a ranked Asian BF2S.com server but neither one of us knew how to go about doing it..
You would have a hard time even getting enough players to start a round
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01

Guruz wrote:

mikeshw wrote:

You would have a hard time even getting enough players to start a round
there may not be enough asian players in this community but i suppose the aussies might joinin if they dont mind 100+ pings. or it could be the other way, aussie bf2s server then we join in.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6666|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia
put one in aus , ill go there for sure
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6814|Bryan/College Station, TX
I have noticed that we in the US can actually get about 150 pings to a server in the UK. I on occasion play on the UK servers which some but not a lot of difficulty. The strict standards of Europe servers to must have a ping below 125 or 100 is a bit annoying at times but a few don't have that standard so I can get on and play.

I figure that the server would be located in Germany since it's centralized for all European players but I thought I would point out the connection level for UK servers for at least me here in Texas.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mpec82
+-1|6691

SAS-Lynx wrote:

Buffnuggles wrote:

what is the port that will be added in general.con when i add it on the favourite servers?
Herbmaster007
+-4|6712
Providing it's a 64 player server I'd be there.  More fodder for my Eryx
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!

mpec82 wrote:

SAS-Lynx wrote:

Buffnuggles wrote:

what is the port that will be added in general.con when i add it on the favourite servers?
default port - 16567
Mabec
Re-Member-Me
+6|6802
B.Schuss, please make this happen. And please god no Strike at Karkand (64) there no teamwork whatsoever on those servers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard