PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6386|Norway | Unkown
Here is a small post about renders. What sites you can find them on and a FAQ for those that doesn't know what it is.

Register: Here you need to register before you can view the full size render

No Register: Here you don't need to register to view the full size render

FAQ

Q:  What is a render?
A:  A render is a outcut of something from a image
               Also see here if you aren't a render noob: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_ … raphics%29

Q:  What does a render look like?
A:  If you see under you will see a Superman outcut (The Render) you can also see the image that it has been taken out from

Outcut (render)

https://www.freespaces.com/omgiamjustin/renders/superman.png

Real Image Couldn't find the same one as the above. But you get the point!

https://www.iwatchstuff.com/images/2006/05/taiwan-superman-poster.jpg

Q:  What do I use a render for?
A:  You can use a render to make Signatures or Wallpapers or use it to ask for a signature

Q:  How can I make a render?
A:  You can do this by cuting out something from a image. Here is 2 ways you can do it
               http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/Cut … 769-1.html
               http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/topic/tut … 121-1.html

Q:  Where do I upload/show my render to someone else?
A:  You can upload the image to an Image hosting site [See badhq Sig Tut for sites and howto]
      And then show it here in this thread or on any of those sites

For tips on how to use a render please see the Tutorial Thread

Hope you like it and use this thread only for related stuff.. No Sig request here, so please use this to request it - Signatures³ -

Ask a question if you like, share with us other sites I havn't posted or simply show your latest render

Last edited by PhaxeNor (2007-04-07 04:32:25)

Entertayner
+826|6541

Seckseh thread. <3
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX
very sechy  Much to learn here
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Yes!!!!!! I spent about an hour looking for the heart-beat thingy for Omni's sig yesterday!

-konfusion
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
That is not 'rendering'.

wikipedia wrote:

Rendering is the process of generating an image from a model, by means of computer programs. The model is a description of three dimensional objects in a strictly defined language or data structure. It would contain geometry, viewpoint, texture and lighting information. The image is a digital image or raster graphics image. The term may be by analogy with an "artist's rendering" of a scene. 'Rendering' is also used to describe the process of calculating effects in a video editing file to produce final video output.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendering_ … raphics%29
Entertayner
+826|6541

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is not 'rendering'.

wikipedia wrote:

Rendering is the process of generating an image from a model, by means of computer programs. The model is a description of three dimensional objects in a strictly defined language or data structure. It would contain geometry, viewpoint, texture and lighting information. The image is a digital image or raster graphics image. The term may be by analogy with an "artist's rendering" of a scene. 'Rendering' is also used to describe the process of calculating effects in a video editing file to produce final video output.

Jesus dude, don't be so padantic.  This is what rendering is on teh intrawebs graphics shizzle.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

Entertayner wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is not 'rendering'.

wikipedia wrote:

Jesus dude, don't be so padantic.  This is what rendering is on teh intrawebs graphics shizzle.
Words have meanings for a reason. It is necessary for to make ones point understood.
PhaxeNor

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is not 'rendering'.

wikipedia wrote:

just take it easy so that the noobs

Edit, happy now? 

Last edited by PhaxeNor (2007-04-07 04:33:08)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

That is not 'rendering'.

Words have meanings for a reason. It is necessary for to make ones point understood.
A lot of words nowadays aren't used in the way they were intended to - this is a term used by sig-makers and digital artists to define the main image in a picture. Like it or not, that's how it is...

-konfusion
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)
Yeah, generally I'm fine with old words being used for new concepts.

But, only when they're not confusing. Please actually read some of that wikipedia page I linked to and try to understand what it is saying. And note these points:

1. It is not saying that 'rendering' is a computer graphics technique, used in the creation of sigs where an image is cut from one background and pasted over another.

2. It is saying that it 'rendering' is a computer graphics technique, where a mathematical description of a scene is proccessed, using a variety of techniques (none of which involve manual cut and paste), by a computational method to produce the desired image.

3. Both sig generation and 3d-graphics rendering are computer graphics techniques.

Do you not see that it is therefore a bad idea to call both these seperate computer graphics techniques by the same name?

And it's not like there isn't a perfectly good name already there for use. Try the word 'overlay' and 'overlaying' instead. Then maybe people wanting overlays will be able to find overlays and the people wanting renders will be able to find renders.

This is not rocket science.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-04-08 17:11:35)

konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

This is not rocket science.
You're turning it into rocket science, actually O.o

-konfusion
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
He's not saying a render is taking out the picture from the background, the render is the actual picture that was taken out. The render he is referring to is the "computational method to produce the desired image", in the above case of the information used by the computer to render the superman. The post is about getting these specific rendered images alone without the rest of the picture.

The render is not the action of getting the render out of the rest of the image, it is just the thing that was gotten out and that he was showing sites to get renders from.

Sticked by the way
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Thank you very much for stickying this,

-konfusion
PhaxeNor
yea, my first sticky

Thanks
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6520|CH/BR - in UK

Why was this unstickied?

-konfusion
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
...I don't know. I'm not a graphics person, but I thought this type of thing was very helpful. I'm going to sticky it again, if another mod unstickies mod please post or pm me.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

+1 That's what I was waiting for...
[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6503|Cardiff
so...

in this case rendering means ....cutting out?

lol its like playschool.

hand drawn ftw!
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

Anyone interesting in doing a tut for brushing? I can't get this right tbh...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

[THE] comben wrote:

in this case rendering means ....cutting out?
Yeah, that was my point.

Maybe if they'd called it something else it would have more than 18 replies and be worthy of stickying - as it is, I would guess people looking for 'renders' go away 'cos this isn't 'renders', and people looking for 'cutouts' don't look here 'cos they're not 'renders'.
Dangles
+3|6172
This too a render, and also my first C4D creation

https://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2745/render2pa6.th.gif

Last edited by Dangles (2007-06-18 04:25:49)

bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland
ergh, that clan templates website looks like they had the games on minimum settings for the renders they produced
golgoj4
+51|6744|North Hollywood
Heh, i came here looking for renders and all i see is a buncha photoshop crap. Do you people even know what renderings are? One thing they are not: cutout for your sigs. This is essentially a thread about clipart Yeah. Clipart. for graphic design. i don't see how the term 'rendering' makes it into this.

Edit: I noticed the op wasn't from the US, maybe its a language thing?

Last edited by golgoj4 (2007-06-28 18:46:37)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6736|Cambridge (UK)

golgoj4 wrote:

Heh, i came here looking for renders and all i see is a buncha photoshop crap. Do you people even know what renderings are? One thing they are not: cutout for your sigs. This is essentially a thread about clipart Yeah. Clipart. for graphic design. i don't see how the term 'rendering' makes it into this.

Edit: I noticed the op wasn't from the US, maybe its a language thing?
I tried to tell him that. I got flamed for it. And the mods still haven't changed the thread title. Seems nobody cares to use the correct terminology for things any more.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard