MrE`158
+103|6630

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I don't look down on "omnivores".

I look down on people who see meat as a red piece of muscle sitting on a white Styrofoam try in Costco and think nothing of it.  The only way I would ever go back to eating meat would be if I were the one to raise the animal and slaughter it/catch the animal and kill it/hunt the animal.  Personally, I can't justify eating an animal that serves no other purpose in live than to be pumped full of growth hormones, sit in a stall all it's life, then be killed inhumanely.

That's my opinion, if you want to bash me for it, be my guest.
And

Commie Chipmunk wrote:

I bet you feel all high and mighty now.  You're eating meat that came from animals who lived in stalls all their lives, were slaughtered by someone else and were pumped full of hormones.

You manly man you.
You started bashing people's opinions, so take what comes back to you.  The OP showed us his monster burger, and those of us who enjoy our meat looked on with longing.  You assumed that it was super-processed crap pumped out of some farm-factory in Iowa, obviously not even looking at the OP's location, which clearly states he's from New Zealand, where, as we've learned, the vast majority of meat products come from humane sources.  In fact, if you even look at the burger, you can see that those patties are not mass-produced disks from a factory, they're fine lumps of probably home made burger meat, or at least from a company or butchers that makes them with a bit of consideration.

You leapt to assumptions, and were wrong.  You got smacked down for being a veggie after you attacked the OP for enjoying meat.  Deal with it.  It's not bashing you for your opinion, it's bashing back, because you bashed first.  Next time you want to attack someone, make sure that you have your facts first, you'll look less stupid.

In case you weren't aware, humans are top of the food chain.  Every food chain.  We evolved the most lethal combination of natural weapons  the planet has ever seen, and we used those tools (the human brain, opposable thumbs, leading to abstract language and advanced tool use) to exploit our ecological niche.  We're omnivores, and we eat meat.  So do chimpanzees, y'know.  It sucks to be a cow, I imagine.  Don't be the cow, people.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6576|Portland, OR, USA

MrE`158 wrote:

CommieChipmunk wrote:

I don't look down on "omnivores".

I look down on people who see meat as a red piece of muscle sitting on a white Styrofoam try in Costco and think nothing of it.  The only way I would ever go back to eating meat would be if I were the one to raise the animal and slaughter it/catch the animal and kill it/hunt the animal.  Personally, I can't justify eating an animal that serves no other purpose in live than to be pumped full of growth hormones, sit in a stall all it's life, then be killed inhumanely.

That's my opinion, if you want to bash me for it, be my guest.
And

Commie Chipmunk wrote:

I bet you feel all high and mighty now.  You're eating meat that came from animals who lived in stalls all their lives, were slaughtered by someone else and were pumped full of hormones.

You manly man you.
You started bashing people's opinions, so take what comes back to you.  The OP showed us his monster burger, and those of us who enjoy our meat looked on with longing.  You assumed that it was super-processed crap pumped out of some farm-factory in Iowa, obviously not even looking at the OP's location, which clearly states he's from New Zealand, where, as we've learned, the vast majority of meat products come from humane sources.  In fact, if you even look at the burger, you can see that those patties are not mass-produced disks from a factory, they're fine lumps of probably home made burger meat, or at least from a company or butchers that makes them with a bit of consideration.

You leapt to assumptions, and were wrong.  You got smacked down for being a veggie after you attacked the OP for enjoying meat.  Deal with it.  It's not bashing you for your opinion, it's bashing back, because you bashed first.  Next time you want to attack someone, make sure that you have your facts first, you'll look less stupid.

In case you weren't aware, humans are top of the food chain.  Every food chain.  We evolved the most lethal combination of natural weapons  the planet has ever seen, and we used those tools (the human brain, opposable thumbs, leading to abstract language and advanced tool use) to exploit our ecological niche.  We're omnivores, and we eat meat.  So do chimpanzees, y'know.  It sucks to be a cow, I imagine.  Don't be the cow, people.
...fair enough
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6567|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
hell yeah on top of the food chain... Troy McClure (you might remember him from such educational films as: Man Versus Nature: The Road To Victory, Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly and Firecrackers: The Silent Killer) provided us with this great food chain chart
https://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6678/foodchainmm8.jpg
courtesy of --- Meat and You – Partners in Freedom (a Meat Council film, part of the "Resistance is Useless" series)
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
Looks like shit is on the top of that... Burger?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6496|Gogledd Cymru

heads up that picture is a food web not a chain but hey we all knew poodles are bottom of the food chain anyway
BVC
+325|6702

FFLink13 wrote:

Looks like shit is on the top of that... Burger?
Homemade kiwifruit chilli sauce
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6625|Manitowoc, WI
Smithereener
+138|6322|California
mmm... Meat.

I like being an omnivore, although I doubt I can seriously survive 2+ days without any meat whatsoever, I feel that I probably can't live without some kind of vegetable. 'Tis why my burger from In-N-Out is always a double-double w/ everything + animal style (2 patties, 2 slices of cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes, a lot of sauce).

I don't mind vegetarians because most of the vegetarians I know aren't PETA crazy about it and are cool with me. It's the vegetarians that keep trying to "convert" me into stop eating meat that kind of annoys me. Our digestive system didn't get shorter through evolution from eating only veggies; there's a reason why our digestive tracts are shorter than say... a cow.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6296|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Smithereener wrote:

mmm... Meat.

I like being an omnivore, although I doubt I can seriously survive 2+ days without any meat whatsoever, I feel that I probably can't live without some kind of vegetable. 'Tis why my burger from In-N-Out is always a double-double w/ everything + animal style (2 patties, 2 slices of cheese, lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes, a lot of sauce).

I don't mind vegetarians because most of the vegetarians I know aren't PETA crazy about it and are cool with me. It's the vegetarians that keep trying to "convert" me into stop eating meat that kind of annoys me. Our digestive system didn't get shorter through evolution from eating only veggies; there's a reason why our digestive tracts are shorter than say... a cow.
In-N-Out FTW! Pity we can't have any here in New York.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6766|San Antonio, Texas
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6638|New Hampshire, USA

CommieChipmunk wrote:

You're eating meat that came from animals who lived in stalls all their lives, were slaughtered by someone else and were pumped full of hormones..
Well then we put them out of their misery!

Where can i get one of those, im hungry now!

BolvisOculus wrote:

*Ahem*
Oh yeah, and "owned"

Last edited by -=]NS[=-Eagle (2007-03-26 21:19:58)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6756|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL
In that Penn and Teller Show, Bullshit, they point out that Ingrid Newkirk is a diabetic and makes use of animal research EVERY DAY. When confronted with this hypocrisy, she doesn't even bat an eyelid.

Look, it's really this simple...if you're going to bash the world, don't be a blatant hypocrite...

I HAVE killed and eaten my own animal (black-tailed deer) and I generally make a point of only buying humanely raised meat. It's more expensive, but it's also healthier and better tasting (and doesn't have hormones and antibiotics and such). Factory farming SUCKS for EVERYONE except the corporation backing the farm. There's a reason most of the developed world makes fun of the food in the US...our.food.sucks.

Oh, and Commie, we both live in a wonderful city for organic and humanely raised food...
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6497|Menlo Park, CA
https://i12.tinypic.com/3z6vzio.jpg
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6467|UK
If it tastes nice eat it, or else shut up.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6726|California

Thats excellent. I need to find the steer burger I made about 2 years ago. Its 61 pounds of meat on a 5 x 4 foot sourdough bun. 14 onions, 24 tomatoes, 6 cans of chili, 8 pounds of cheese.

good stuff.
LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6538|Amherst, MA
For every animal you dont eat, Im going to eat three.

Edit: Damnit {XpLiCiTxX} beat me to the picture, put link up..

Last edited by LawJik (2007-03-26 22:22:28)

fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6497|Menlo Park, CA
I just dont know why vegetarians insist that eating soley veggies is healthy? (btw I dont buy into the "I only eat fish bullshit" that is meat!! It just happens to come from the ocean!)

Humans are meat eaters, thats why we have jagged teeth, to tear into flesh. . . .

I guarantee if some douche bag vegan was on a deserted island, and saw a delicious pig running around, they would kill and eat that shit!!
cospengle
+140|6493|Armidale, NSW, Australia

CommieChipmunk wrote:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=agri_long&Player=wm&speed=_med

eat up
Um yeah, you kind of do have to kill them before you can eat them.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6772|Cambridge (UK)

Vonlefteye wrote:

Anyone watch Bear Grylls on TV in the UK.... its surprising what a level headed person will eat when they don't know whether they will eat again - the scene with the turtle is unbelieveable, also i remember laughing my head off at a Bill Bryson book (Down Under( where he is talking about this guy who is lost in the bush who happens across a little creature that has wandered from its mother, this guy hasn't eaten or drank anything for days I guess and just swipes the whole thing into his mouth fur and all...BOSH you'll do.
You should see him eat a purple spiney oyster (at least I think it was an oyster - it was purple and spiney and he called it a 'purple spiney something-or-other') in the 'washed up on a deserted island' episode - it's the one after the one where he eat the turtle (unless I missed one)... Truly truly disgusting...
Chorcai
+49|6654|Ireland

CommieChipmunk wrote:

http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=agri_long&Player=wm&speed=_med

eat up
The guys working there are really lacking skillz.
BVC
+325|6702

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

You should see him eat a purple spiney oyster (at least I think it was an oyster - it was purple and spiney and he called it a 'purple spiney something-or-other') in the 'washed up on a deserted island' episode - it's the one after the one where he eat the turtle (unless I missed one)... Truly truly disgusting...
Mmmm....slow-roasted galapagos turtle with morrocan vegetables and herbs!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6681|Canberra, AUS
Just reclassify 'homo sapiens' into two species:
Normal people: 'homo supernus' (means superior man)
Vegs: 'homo queror' (means complaining man)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6292|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Big McLargehuge wrote:

lol. What's that called? "Heart attack on a bun"?
Lmao
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
vedds
+52|6761|Christchurch New Zealand
Life isnt fair, sucks to be an animal we harvest for food.

I have personally raised and killed my own dinner many times, Its not a big deal unless you are insulated from the harsh realities of life.

But Pubic is dead on, In NZ our animals arent raised in battery conditions.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6628|Gold coast, Aus.

BolvisOculus wrote:

*Ahem*
uhm, snap.

That was a very good rant IMO

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard