Poll

How often can you take out a chopper pilot with the M95?

Every single time with one shot17%17% - 46
Usually everytime with multiple shots7%7% - 19
eh.....get some, miss some51%51% - 131
MAN! THIS M95 is SH**! I can't hit a g*dda*n thing!23%23% - 60
Total: 256
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6685|USA

TigerXtrm wrote:

If the only way you can get a kill is by waiting minutes at a time until you can shoot a stationary target out of a helicopter cockpit... you should not be playing this game, seriously. If it's not, then grab a fucking rifle and fight with any skill you have in a normal fashion...

Additionally, the M95 of BF2 does not deserve the qualification as 'Sniper Rifle' because it loses it's accuracy at about... oh what... 10 meters? (< Obvious sarcasm but you get the point).

Tiger
Im not so sure its about "the only way to get a kill". Its more a way to keep the chopper pilot or jet whore from raping your team.
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6391|Netherlands

Yea but I see people doing it as a full time job sometimes when I'm playing and it pissed me off, so for those selected few I typed it up .

Tiger
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6650|Warlord

JET_G raidensen wrote:

God, i cant believe you actually did that............

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I can line it up perfect. PERFECT. I shoot and nothing.
I freakin' hate this too; that's one of the main reason I went online to find BF2 forums in the first place. We now know of course that there's more than aim/accuracy involved, with the crappy hitreg (and the vanishing bullets, which I think are a separate problem). What's really frustrating is that some guys seem to have so much less difficulty, even from the same distance, sometimes the very same location.

TigerXtrm wrote:

Additionally, the M95 of BF2 does not deserve the qualification as 'Sniper Rifle' because it loses it's accuracy at about... oh what... 10 meters?
LOL

It actually has the same accuracy as the SVD and Type 88 (same deviation when zoomed, twice that of the M24 and L96A1).
updawg
+4|6523|Texas
I've only done it once.  Like twice I aimed and it blew up the whole chopper.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6644|Gold coast, Aus.

Todd_Angelo wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

According to angelo here it is. But the firing sounds are all different, and therefore, some are louder, ther eis no way you can state the SVD has same shot volume as M24, or Type-88 has same volume as M95, one is CLEARLY louder than the other.
As I said at the time when I first brought this up, we need to define what is meant by 'louder'. Most people mean it the way I thought it was... higher in volume... but that's not it.

JET_G raidensen wrote:

Unless, of course, you can show us undeniable proof.
Of course. I was asked if I was on crack but as I said at the time, the game files are not on drugs

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4372 … vesfw7.png

As you can see, same peak volume for all. See how much smaller the trail off on the L96A1 is? That's why it is clearly quieter. I would have included the Type 88 but I couldn't find the sound file.
As i said about noise compression a few posts up.....
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6391|Netherlands

Todd_Angelo wrote:

JET_G raidensen wrote:

God, i cant believe you actually did that............

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

I can line it up perfect. PERFECT. I shoot and nothing.
I freakin' hate this too; that's one of the main reason I went online to find BF2 forums in the first place. We now know of course that there's more than aim/accuracy involved, with the crappy hitreg (and the vanishing bullets, which I think are a separate problem). What's really frustrating is that some guys seem to have so much less difficulty, even from the same distance, sometimes the very same location.

TigerXtrm wrote:

Additionally, the M95 of BF2 does not deserve the qualification as 'Sniper Rifle' because it loses it's accuracy at about... oh what... 10 meters?
LOL

It actually has the same accuracy as the SVD and Type 88 (same deviation when zoomed, twice that of the M24 and L96A1).
Statistics are not always right. And I know for a fact that the M95 doesn't even get close the accuracy level of the other rifles when you fire it in-game. You can have the bloody thing aimed at the head of a guy standing still for an entire minute, exact between the eyes. If you fire, you MISS! I kid you not I tested it. Taking the same shot, same conditions, with a different rifle, you hit. The M95 is unreliable.

Tiger
Sgt.Gene
+215|6787
My aimbot never misses.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6612|California U.S.A
get some miss some

I've probably gotten 5 kills 2 cold/starting heli's, 2 hovering kills, and one really bitching shot in the middle of a rocket pod atack with me just of to the side at about 5 meters.

My ratio to shots/kills not good about 10 %
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6486|A W S M F O X
You often have to aim a bit to the right of crosshair on M95.
Jemme101
M24 Abuser
+99|6523|Valley of the Dragons

JET_G raidensen wrote:

You often have to aim a bit to the right of crosshair on M95.
Did a post about that in TBF2 forums yesterday ...

The following links have some interesting data on true center of aim;

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87355

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86767

http://silver.nrgservers.net/crosshairs/
MrE`158
+103|6646
In the scenario the OP described, being on Ghost Town or some other map where you can be hidden in a position, waiting for people to get into the chopper and then capping them, I'd say that for the first few guys it'll be about 90%.

The funniest thing is when you see a chopper spawn, and line up your sights.  Two guys run over and jump in.  So, you headshot the pilot before the helo starts to move.  He dies, and the gunner just sits there because he doesn't know what's happened.  So you shoot him, too.  And by the time you're done with that, some other idiot has come along, seeing an empty helicopter, and leaps into the pilot seat just in time for you to have locked in another round.  I've had a string of about 5 kills doing that before the original guys respawn, and they know about you.

It's a lot harder against someone who's aware of you, or someone who takes sensible precautions whether they know there's a sniper around or not.  Once you get into a helicopter, start to rotate on the pad.  You can't move up straight away, but you can spin on the spot, and even that on its own makes you a much harder target for an M95.

I've had dozens of kills with the M95 against people who sit still waiting for their chopper to warm up.  Quite a few against hovering targets too.  Against actual moving targets.... less.  Maybe ten at the outside. Given all the variables, deviation, hit-box lag, the targets movement being unpredictable, and the fact that I'm a less than awesome shot, it's very much a random chance.  Still, I'll take the shot, since a couple of M95 rounds into the soft spot on a chopper (the cockpit glass) will leave them a much easier target for someone with an SRAW or Eryx, and if they've already taken hits, you might just finish them off.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6650|Warlord

TigerXtrm wrote:

Statistics are not always right. And I know for a fact that the M95 doesn't even get close the accuracy level of the other rifles when you fire it in-game.
Those aren't statistics. And no, you think you know it for fact.

FFS dude, unless you have other accounts you've only had a sniper rifle in your hands for 22 hours! No offence but the very short time you've sniped, your lowish accuracy and below-average KDR sure don't make someone say to themselves, "I better pay attention to what this guys says about sniping, he clearly knows what he's talking about."

But that's beside the point: the weapon deviations are what they are, there's no opinion involved (just like with bullet drop... and there used to be loads of players who swore blind there wasn't any). The game has to function on the in-built figures within the files, simple as that, although problems with the netcode add more variables that confuse the issue, things like crappy hitreg for some people and not others, & possible vanishing bullets like I mentioned above.

TigerXtrm wrote:

You can have the bloody thing aimed at the head of a guy standing still for an entire minute, exact between the eyes. If you fire, you MISS! I kid you not I tested it.
That can happen with any of the rifles: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=496910#p496910

The M95 feels very much less effective for many people (and personally I'd take an M24 nearly any day of the week given a choice) but that lessens, a lot, with experience. If you snipe extensively in SF and you're a fan of bolt-actions you have no option but to choose the M95 half the time; once you get used to it doesn't feel half as crappy as it does early on:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4255 … 435ih8.jpg
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9788 … 486kg1.jpg
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3323 … 513qq5.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/3876/screen184cf9.jpg
Barrakuda777
+86|6759|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Just a quick note to say that the rifles and sniping in general has become alot easier in the later versions of the game, when BF2 was new the rifles were riddled with inaccuracy if I remember correctly - or was it a newbie me and bad netcode / lag?

Anyways, I used the M95 extensively when I was fairly new at sniping and now can’t use it for love nor money (I now prefer a pistol!). However for a long time I was convinced the extra firepower and the chance of opportunistic hover kills on choppers (fully loaded blackhawks were my all time fave!) made it the best choice. I took out dozens of choppers in my time, my most memorable on Mashtur 1.2. Fully decked hawk cappin’ the MEC tank spawn in a circle hover, plinked the pilot out and the spin on the chopper piled it into a loaded oncoming hummer.
One shot 9 kills the snipers moto

Anyway, I find the hitbox on any sort of moving chopper to be very unreliable and only get very few pilot kills.

The actual number of times you get the kill makes me suggest a snipers time is best spent sticking with a squad and moving round the flags but I am a different sort of sniper

Whatever floats your boat though, it is fun as hell to sink their top asset with a solitary .50 cal.

Kooda

Last edited by Barrakuda777 (2007-03-22 09:06:50)

BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6318|Malaysia
You get some, you miss some, but it's bloody fun and hilarious knowing that the pilot/driver is having a WTF moment !

p/s : My most memorable kill was on Dragon Valley, I was China and I camped the US chopper, managed to kill 5 guys who got in before the chopper got hot....shot it and it blew up upon the 6th shot bagging me another 2 kills and +1 for a roadkill lol.
EnglishLion
+2|6602
Hit a pilot once on Gulf of Oman that was hovering over a flag with an M95.  I was laying on a roof.  Amazingly he was hovering so low and flat that the heli landed undamaged!

Apart from that - never.  I prefer to snipe with assult rifles on single shot.  More flexibility for when you need to move.
d3x74
+14|6670|NY
I got sniped while I was flying in a J10 on Dalian Plant ...

As for in a moving helicopter, once, again while I was on Dalian Plant and weaving in and out through the reactor towers.

But yeah for some reason I am 100% accurate with the M95 and a target in a stationary jet or heli. Moving targets I have hit... zilch.
cappa117
+1|6165

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Scenario:

Maybe Ghost Town....pilot hops in the HInd. Your a M95 sniping machine on a rooftop across from its pad. You have had your aim set on that cockpit just waiting. Waiting. Finally there is your victim. He's in! You line it perfect. Fire.

What happens for you at this point?
well ive done this alot on the attack chopper and i can never seem to get one shot kill ever. even if its a head shot. :S
znozer
Viking fool - Crazy SWE
+162|6567|Sverige (SWE)
get him 8/10....................

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard