CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6451349.stm

Morgan Tsvangirai, the leader of the main oppostion party in Zimbabwe, was recently severely beaten by Zimbabwean government authorities while participating in a peaceful march in the name of democratic change. He lies in hospital with a suspected fractured skull now.

Zimbabwe currently has an inflation rate of 1700%. Ordinary ZImbabweans are crying out for food and water, not just political freedom. Yet Robert Mugabe can spend lavish sums of money on his own birthday celebrations.

Robert Mugabe is a corrupt dictatorial brutal cunt and deserves death.

The people of Zimbabwe should unite in arms to overthrow him and their neighbours in the region should say 'No more' to this animal. South Africa: CUT OFF ALL LINKS NOW. My respect for South Africa, who support this despot, has plummeted as a result of their support. Do they not remember the days of apartheid? Democracy for Zimbabwe now!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

They must have taken a page out of the Russians book. I second the rot in hell notion. Sincerly, Kmarion
Xbone Stormsurgezz
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
They should fake reports that there's a vast untouched oil reseve there and wait for the invasion to begin.

He'll be hanging from a rope within the month.
BVC
+325|6665
Thankfully the guy is over 80, and won't last too much longer.

(2007 Cricket World Cup, March 15th, Ireland vs Zimbabwe...)
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

Pubic wrote:

LOL. That shows how popular cricket is in Ireland - I didn't even know there was a world cup on and am surprised that Ireland even has a team!
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6737
He is an animal.

end of story.

If the US is serious about spreading democracy across the globe they would be in there already.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
If Poe says it it must be true, GET HIM ZIMBABWE!

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2007-03-14 22:52:55)

BVC
+325|6665

CameronPoe wrote:

Pubic wrote:

LOL. That shows how popular cricket is in Ireland - I didn't even know there was a world cup on and am surprised that Ireland even has a team!
14th in the world rankings, just behind the Netherlands and just ahead of Canada...and we're playing England today, fingers crossed!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_cricket_world_cup

Last edited by Pubic (2007-03-14 23:23:00)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Dont take this the wrong way... but you only just noticed this? Mugabe has been doing sick things for like 10 years now.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

CameronPoe wrote:

Robert Mugabe is a corrupt dictatorial brutal cunt and deserves death.
QFT
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
Well at least he's taking the accusations seriously and doing hes best to allay his western critics and right this wrong.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6454827.stm
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
The shouldnt be placing more sanctions on the country, that will only effect the population, they should just assassinate him and all his generals.

Last edited by Vilham (2007-03-15 01:39:51)

Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6519|EUtopia | Austria
Now this would be a mission that the US could be proud of. The ones that stated the US would intervene where there's no justice, could be proven true - or they could be denoted lousy hypocrits. I'd rather dislike the latter, though.

PS: There's no need for him rotting in hell, just let him and his victims swap positions.
GATOR591957
+84|6596

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

They should fake reports that there's a vast untouched oil reseve there and wait for the invasion to begin.

Or weapons of mass destruction.....
liquix
+51|6423|Peoples Republic of Portland

BN wrote:

He is an animal.

end of story.

If the US is serious about spreading democracy across the globe they would be in there already.
I don't think another war would be a good idea right now, but surely the people need help.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
I'm not an advocate of western intervention - Africa needs to grow up and look after itself. My criticism is aimed at Mugabe himself and those neighbouring countries who prop him up (namely South Africa).

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-15 05:13:53)

smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6601|USA

BN wrote:

He is an animal.

end of story.

we would but 6 months later it would start another flame the U.S. thread that will last for months.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525

smtt686 wrote:

BN wrote:

He is an animal.

end of story.

we would but 6 months later it would start another flame the U.S. thread that will last for months.
Nobody here in the west has the responsibility to take care of anything outside of our 'realm'. Be it Iraq, Zimbabwe, Mongolia or Myanmar the west needs to keep to itself - isolationism is the way forward - the rest of the world needs to evolve at its own pace.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-03-15 05:25:11)

klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6556|Sweden
I think it's about time i give my friend Slobodan a call. He's a vicious contract killer from russia. I hope he can solve this problem for all of us....
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire
It's amazing how these people stay in power so long when so many people in the country are miserable. I suppose as long as there is money to pay the army that's the main thing for a dictator; if his troops and cronies stopped getting their share he'd be dropped so fast his balls wouldn't touch the sides.

poe is right though, in the long run outside interference usually only leads to more problems. There are ways of helping nations without sending in the military. The US helped Ireland during our victory over Britain simply by agreeing to the new Ireland's right to exist, that support bolstered the Irish effort to overthrow our oppressors as we knew there would be security and legitimate recognition from the global community after our victory.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

CameronPoe wrote:

smtt686 wrote:

BN wrote:

He is an animal.

end of story.

Nobody here in the west has the responsibility to take care of anything outside of our 'realm'. Be it Iraq, Zimbabwe, Mongolia or Myanmar the west needs to keep to itself - isolationism is the way forward - the rest of the world needs to evolve at its own pace.
Just like why we should have left the Taliban well enough alone in Afghanistan?  UNICEF and the Peace Corp should disband?  Doctors Without Borders should just go home?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6762

CameronPoe wrote:

smtt686 wrote:

BN wrote:

He is an animal.

end of story.

Mostly I think you're right but a part of me still wonders whether we (the British) should return to Rhodesia (its name before independence) and reinstitute Home rule.  It's obvious they can't rule themselves effectively, unlike all our other former colonies, so perhaps we should do something.

Were it anywhere else all of me would be saying "leave it alone, isolate it and ignore it" but Zimbabwe is definitely a problem that's of our making.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6613
china is pumping billions of dollars into zimbabwe
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6541

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6500|The lunar module

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

china is pumping billions of dollars into zimbabwe
Why on earth?

Is it going to Mugabe or the opposition?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard